Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! (4175 Views)

Bandits Are Not Muslims, North Is Undereducated & Underpopulated- Bello El-Rufai / Why North Is Tolerating Buhari – Shehu Sani / The North Is Seriously Atikulating... Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by voiceofthetruth: 11:58am On May 06, 2020
I have noticed different types of insults and mockery thrown to we Northerners because we're sharing the same country with a lot of poorly educated literate.

One of the biggest reasons southerners accuse us of loving Nigeria is due to the misconception that Northern Nigeria is landlocked and wouldn't be able to survive as an independent country. This is one of the biggest lies ever told in the history of the world.

Do you know, that if Nigeria separates today, the River Niger according to international water laws would be designated as an international waterway. According to the "1911 Madrid Declaration", all states that share a body of water are physically dependent on each other. This is one of the basis on which the United nations treaty on International trade and development was formed..

According to the United nations convention on law of the sea also known as treaty of the sea to which Nigeria is a member, all landlocked states must be given a right of access to and from the sea without taxation on traffic in transit. This means, that the River Niger must serve as an international waterway whose resources and features would be jointly controlled by all states or countries sharing this body of water.

Do you know that former president Yardua before his demise, embarked on the dredging of the River Niger to provide access to international vessels and ships. I don't know what Buhari is doing right now, but this project would be the priority of the incoming Northern president in 2023.

Some myopic individuals would come and say that southern Nigeria can always block our access to the sea as an independent country. I'll let you know that in the event of separation and designation of River Niger as international waters, any act of blockage or sabotage by any bordering country would amount to an act of war and attract severe sanctions and military repercussions on that state. In the event of any blockage, southern Nigeria would be made to bear the full wrath of the United Nations and a United Northern Nigeria.

Examples of where such situations occur are the Danube River in Europe, the South China sea in Asia and the Bolivian and Paraguay River channels. The river Nile is also a similar but non exact situation due to the harmony existing among countries connected to it.

The use of River Niger as international waters would make the North have similar geography to Malaysia. Do you know that Malaysia is separated by the international waters of the South China Sea. Do you also know that to move between Malaysia means you probably have to cross international waters bordered by Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.

My fellow arewa brothers and sisters, do not be deceived by the mockery of those that hate us. The North as it stands today is currently the most blessed region of Nigeria. With our unity, natural and mineral resources, soil, culture, population and landmass, Northern Nigeria stands to be the most developed in event of separation.

Attached below are pictures and maps showing the River Niger, Danube River and water division of Malaysia.

Cc: Mods frontpage please

3 Likes

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by ificatchmodeh: 12:05pm On May 06, 2020
Correct one..

Southerners need the education.. especially Bayerebe’s

Ignorance have finished them.. so much of sophistication

Na better south be their problem....

Front page lala..
Let’s get a wider view.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by alphaNomega: 12:09pm On May 06, 2020
You still can't have an effective Navy

2 Likes

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by Zooposki(f): 12:10pm On May 06, 2020
ificatchmodeh:
Correct one..

Why don’t you guys start petitioning your law makers for the division of Nigeria.

20 Likes

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by ificatchmodeh: 12:10pm On May 06, 2020
Do you know that former president Yardua before his demise, embarked on the dredging of the River Niger to provide access to international vessels and ships. I don't know what Buhari is doing right now, but this project would be the priority of the incoming Northern president in 2023.

This truth is so painful... and that’s the last truth Bayerebe’s will like to hear..

You don chase them from this thread... they always reason dredging of the niger is a southeastern thing. grin

Ignorance is bliss..

In one post you kill many.. only if mods no delete the thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by ificatchmodeh: 12:11pm On May 06, 2020
Zooposki:

Why don’t you guys start petitioning your law makers for the division of Nigeria.

Who’s talking division.. we talking restructuring.. your talking fufu

1 Like

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by ificatchmodeh: 12:18pm On May 06, 2020
Please where are those ignorant Bayerebe’s that says that southeast is land lock..

With their sophisticated source.. and dia shining ignorance..
why read and go..

The north is ready to educate Sophisticators... and teach them politics all at ones

Legend hero . Helinues.. throwback..

You guys have been boasting of dishing heavy propaganda on politics and how una are dealing with igbos grin

E don set.. everywhere don quiet.. Yoruba internet worries have all disappeared in the face of truth..
And those that said southwest has agreement with north and power retuning to Yoruba land

Food is ready

Na one stone to 6 birds.. grin

Op you wicked.. walahi!

Walahi the Arrewa guy the peep grin e no see am coming

4 Likes

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by Zooposki(f): 12:20pm On May 06, 2020
ificatchmodeh:

Who’s talking division.. we talking restructuring.. your talking fufu

We want outright division. Restructuring is not going to work. You guys are nepostic and occupy all the federal positions. We from the south no longer want that.

6 Likes

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by voiceofthetruth: 12:20pm On May 06, 2020
alphaNomega:
You still can't have an effective Navy

What do you mean by effective Navy? Our navy would patrol our waters from Kogi to Niger state borders. The river Niger would not only serve as means of transport, but also provide ecological/agricultural benefits and also serve as source of hydroelectric power like Kainji dam. Money from such projects and resources would be used to fund an adaptable, flexible and sophisticated navy.

1 Like

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by Kdon2: 12:21pm On May 06, 2020
ificatchmodeh:
Correct one..

grin grin grin Nothingners are always delusional. Why are you frightened of a Nigeria break up then?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by madmohamed(m): 12:22pm On May 06, 2020
voiceofthetruth:
I have noticed different types of insults and mockery thrown to we Northerners because we're sharing the same country with a lot of poorly educated literate.

One of the biggest reasons southerners accuse us of loving Nigeria is due to the misconception that Northern Nigeria is landlocked and wouldn't be able to survive as an independent country. This is one of the biggest lies ever told in the history of the world.

Do you know, that if Nigeria separates today, the River Niger according to international water laws would be designated as an international waterway. According to the "1911 Madrid Declaration", all states that share a body of water are physically dependent on each other. This is one of the basis on which the United nations treaty on International trade and development was formed..

According to the United nations convention on law of the sea also known as treaty of the sea to which Nigeria is a member, all landlocked states must be given a right of access to and from the sea without taxation on traffic in transit. This means, that the River Niger must serve as an international waterway whose resources and features would be jointly controlled by all states or countries sharing this body of water.

Some myopic individuals would come and say that southern Nigeria can always block our access to the sea as an independent country. I'll let you know that in the event of separation and designation of River Niger as international waters, any act of blockage or sabotage by any bordering country would amount to an act of war and attract severe sanctions and military repercussions on that state. In the event of any blockage, southern Nigeria would be made to bear the full wrath of the United Nations and a United Northern Nigeria.

Examples of where such situations occur are the Danube River in Europe, the South China sea in Asia and the Bolivian and Paraguay River channels. The river Nile is also a similar but non exact situation due to the harmony existing among countries connected to it.

The use of River Niger as international waters would make the North have similar geography to Malaysia. Do you know that Malaysia is separated by the international waters of the South China Sea. Do you also know that to move between Malaysia means you probably have to cross international waters bordered by Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.

My fellow arewa brothers and sisters, do not be deceived by the mockery of those that hate us. The North as it stands today is currently the most blessed region of Nigeria. With our unity, natural and mineral resources, soil, culture, population and landmass, Northern Nigeria stands to be the most developed in event of separation.

Attached below are pictures and maps showing the River Niger, Danube River and water division of Malaysia.

Cc: Mods frontpage please
we are saying the same thing here in Biafra land the problem is not the South the problem is yoloba who think Is only them have Asses to the sea if Nigerian break down. I think Biafra and Ariwa will be in a good time than oduduwa if

8 Likes

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by madmohamed(m): 12:26pm On May 06, 2020
voiceofthetruth:

What do you mean by effective Navy? Our navy would patrol our waters from Kogi to Niger state borders. The river Niger would not only serve as means of transport, but also provide ecological/agricultural benefits and also serve as source of hydroelectric power like Kainji dam. Money from such projects and resources would be used to fund an adaptable, flexible and sophisticated navy.
Na the same people I'm talking about. They don't want any good thing to happen in other region greedy and selfish people they will come for you just wait

6 Likes

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by ificatchmodeh: 12:26pm On May 06, 2020
Zooposki:

We want outright division. Restructuring is not going to work. You guys are nepostic and occupy all the federal positions. We from the south no longer want that.

I no be Hausa man ...I no from north ..
Seen lots of thread on politics.. with same caption about Eastern Nigeria .. and thread on Yoruba 2023

Hausa man don show ... why Yoruba Dey avoid this thread.. if na igbo thread on same topic .. buy now na 3 pages and counting with 2000 likes

Is it that Yoruba propaganda have limit ..

Wondering why Yoruba internet warriors with their statistics and sources can’t counter one Hausa Fulani man.

Haba!

Lies sabi fly.. na half seconds op tale burst all Yoruba lies, propaganda,

So shameful grin

12 Likes

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by helinues: 12:31pm On May 06, 2020
ificatchmodeh:
Please where are those ignorant Bayerebe’s that says that southeast is land lock..

With their sophisticated source.. and dia shining ignorance..
why read and go..

The north is ready to educate Sophisticators... and teach them politics all at ones

Legend hero . Helinues.. throwback..

You guys have been boasting of dishing heavy propaganda on politics and how una are dealing with igbos grin

E don set.. everywhere don quiet.. Yoruba internet worries have all disappeared in the face of truth..
And those that said southwest has agreement with north and power retuning to Yoruba land

Food is ready

Na one stone to 6 birds.. grin

Op you wicked.. walahi!

Walahi the Arrewa guy the peep grin e no see am coming

grin grin

Land padlock

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by gloriaunobi(f): 12:39pm On May 06, 2020
Let build lower bridge in Onitsha grin

You want to convert River Niger that can't take sea Linear to International water...you guys are funny.
The way you people hype this Separation seem like they will be no diplomacy after the breakdown of Nigeria. Nsogbu di

8 Likes

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by tamdun: 12:39pm On May 06, 2020
helinues:

grin grin

Land padlock
grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by ificatchmodeh: 12:43pm On May 06, 2020
helinues:

grin grin

Land padlock

Is that your Sophistication can afford?

I pity Awolowo grin

See as you Dey run from Hausa Fulani grin
Presidency no come southwest again grin

Yoruba people sha..

Bayerebe! grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by JAMO84: 12:44pm On May 06, 2020
Nigeria will remain one whether anyone like it or not. Prosperity of all part of Nigeria is in our best interest.

I was happy when president Yar adua began the dredging of the Niger river. I do not understand why President Jonathan stopped it.

As for those saying other water bodies would have access to the sea even if Nigeria breaks up, you are just being ignorant. All the south west need to do is to dam the river Niger from our end and we would be controling the volume of water that gets to your areas. But, that would never happen because Nigeria would never break up.

I AM DONE TALKING

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by Balogunodua(m): 12:47pm On May 06, 2020
ificatchmodeh:

Is that your Sophistication can afford?
I pity Awolowo grin
See as you Dey run from Hausa Fulani grin Presidency no come southwest again grin
Yoruba people sha..
Bayerebe! grin
Kai wawa shege ce mo kashe dukaku garimu walahi grin
Cc arrewa
Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by Arrewa: 12:49pm On May 06, 2020
ificatchmodeh:

I no be Hausa man ...I no from north ..
Seen lots of thread on politics.. with same caption about Eastern Nigeria .. and thread on Yoruba 2023

Hausa man don show ... why Yoruba Dey avoid this thread.. if na igbo thread on same topic .. buy now na 3 pages and counting with 2000 likes

Is it that Yoruba propaganda have limit ..

Wondering why Yoruba internet warriors with their statistics and sources can’t counter one Hausa Fulani man.

Haba!

Lies sabi fly.. na half seconds op tale burst all Yoruba lies, propaganda,

So shameful grin
shut up!! Nyamiri you have no Business with Arewa... Face your Biafra and Namadi kanu!

face your landlocked south east!!
Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by ificatchmodeh: 12:50pm On May 06, 2020
Balogunodua:

Kai wawa shege ce mo kashe dukaku garimu walahi grin

Cc arrewa

Ke ne wawa alede iri ka ama ka na azumi kuwa de alama shi ya sa ku na yi kamar akuya gara ka sa aniya a azumi ze fi ma ka alede

Hope we’re dealing grin

3 Likes

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by voiceofthetruth: 12:50pm On May 06, 2020
JAMO84:
Nigeria will remain one whether anyone like it or not. Prosperity of all part of Nigeria is in our best interest.

I was happy when president Yar adua began the dredging of the Niger river. I do not understand why President Jonathan stopped it.

As for those saying other water bodies would have access to the sea even if Nigeria breaks up, you are just being ignorant. All the south west need to do is to dam the river Niger from our end and we would be controling the volume of water that gets to your areas. But, that would never happen because Nigeria would never break up.

I AM DONE TALKING

Inshallah, I am tired of educating all of you. No one can unilaterally dam any shared river without consequences. If you dam the river without permission from other countries, we would litigate the case up to all international courts. Your country would bear full cost of reparation and damages, while risking international sanctions and war.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by ificatchmodeh: 12:50pm On May 06, 2020
Arrewa:
shut up!! Nyamiri you have no Business with Arewa... Face your Biafra and Namadi kanu!

face your landlocked south east!!

Fdsaa

2 Likes

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by Balogunodua(m): 12:51pm On May 06, 2020
ificatchmodeh:
Fddxx
Ka mi kuka grin

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by ificatchmodeh: 12:52pm On May 06, 2020
voiceofthetruth:

Inshallah, I am tired of educating all of you. No one can unilaterally dam any shared river without consequences. If you dam the river without permission from other countries, we would litigate the case up to all international courts. Your country would bear full cost of reparation and damages, while risking international sanctions and war.

They will never reply you.. but trol with ignorance

Will reply their ignorance on my mention

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by Gracchus: 12:52pm On May 06, 2020
madmohamed:
we are saying the same thing here in Biafra land the problem is not the South the problem is yoloba who think Is only them have Asses to the sea if Nigerian break down. I think Biafra and Ariwa will be in a good time than oduduwa if
Good for you. We Yorubas actually have nothing in common with you before, we share no borders together and our land is 500km away from yours. Heck, we won't even have a diplomatic relationship with you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:54pm On May 06, 2020
Hopefully your kinsmen would stop following trailers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE NORTH IS NOT EXACTLY LANDLOCKED!!! by Gabkosh: 12:54pm On May 06, 2020
ificatchmodeh:
Correct one..

Front page lala..
Let’s get a wider view.
Just look at yam iri. Your own land is land locked, North is also land land locked. You all iliterates yami iri and aboki should go and learn the meaning of land locked.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji Kalu: Youths Who Engage In Thuggery Shouldn't Ask For Democratic Dividends / Fear Mounts Over Nigeria's Future As Agitation For Secession Continues / Begging for unity with cannibals is absurd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.