Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

NDLEA Arrest Man For Drug Trafficking In Edo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrest Man For Drug Trafficking In Edo (229 Views)

Police Arrest Man For Posting Nude Photo Of His 4-Year-Old Daughter On Instagram / NDLEA Arrest Indian Man, Intercepts 29kg Heroin, Meth At Lagos Airport (photos) / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Arrest Man For Drug Trafficking In Edo by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 06, 2020
NDLEA arrest man for drug trafficking in Edo
2'
Home » News » NDLEA arrest man for drug trafficking in Edo
NDLEA arrest man for drug trafficking in Edo
ON MAY 5, 20204:29 PMIN NEWS
By Ozioruva Aliu – Benin City
A forty-seven-year-old suspected drug trafficker, Isaac Echi arrested in Edo State by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on Tuesday, said that he sustained his family with illicit drug proceeds during the COVID 19 lockdown order.

He was arrested with 33 years old Odeh Stephen who was caught with seventeen bags of dried weeds that tested positive for cannabis Sativa weighing 198kgs.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: No face mask, no access, Osun Assembly warns populace
NDLEA Commander in the State, Mr. Buba Wakawa while parading the suspects expressed satisfaction with the arrest adding that those who engage in drug trafficking will be apprehended in this season of COVID-19 pandemic. He said, “the laws of the country are still in operation, therefore those who traffic illicit drugs should expect the law to take its course.”

Wakawa said a Toyota Previa bus with registration number, Lagos AKD 118 AX conveying the illicit drugs were also impounded by anti-narcotics officers attached to the Okada Area Command. The detection and arrest took place at Egbeta-Okada, Ovia North East Local Government Area of the State following a tip-off. He said the arrangement is on to take them to court for prosecution.

Echi from Abi, Ndokwa West Local Government Area of Delta state said he lives in Okada with his wife and four children adding that he is a farmer but proceeds from cannabis smuggling have become his palliative this season of stay at home.

He said “I am a farmer but I also deal in cannabis to make ends meet. I am an intermediary between the seller and buyer. My commission is two thousand naira per bag amounting to thirty-four thousand naira. This is how I have been surviving this season. Though there is a lockdown, the drug business is still going on because customers keep coming to buy cannabis”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/ndlea-arrest-man-for-drug-trafficking-in-edo/amp/

Mynd44

Re: NDLEA Arrest Man For Drug Trafficking In Edo by Braintrain: 1:21pm On May 06, 2020
Who still smokes weed?
When there loud
Re: NDLEA Arrest Man For Drug Trafficking In Edo by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 06, 2020
I've realized most of the people making crimes in Edo state isn't even from Edo state and I don't know what the governor or leaders are doing about it.

Grazing needs to be ban.

Fulani in villages in Edo state needs to Leave.

Those beggars and almajiris in cities needs to go to their region.
Re: NDLEA Arrest Man For Drug Trafficking In Edo by AudioNews(m): 1:38pm On May 06, 2020
Ewedu nd Amala at it again
Na der hand work
Re: NDLEA Arrest Man For Drug Trafficking In Edo by DonBenny77(m): 2:08pm On May 06, 2020
Braintrain:
Who still smokes weed?
When there loud
Abeg leave us to our weed, make we no take the one we go dey laugh out loud.
grin
Re: NDLEA Arrest Man For Drug Trafficking In Edo by NairalandSon: 2:13pm On May 06, 2020
Serious matter

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrested Two Chinese Men For Trying To Bribe Them With N100M / Abducted Nasarawa CAN Chairman Regains Freedom / I Get Home After The Curfew because Lifemate Nigeria Oregun Ikeja Closes By 5pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.