Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,165 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Anambra Pays Spies To Squeal COVID-19 Suspects - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anambra Pays Spies To Squeal COVID-19 Suspects (330 Views)

Doctors Suspects I Have Herpes / Dubai Prince Pays Hospital Bills Of Nigerian Woman With Quadruplets / Man Faints After Donating Blood For Free, Pays N7k To Get It Back - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Pays Spies To Squeal COVID-19 Suspects by TonyRazor(m): 7:44pm On May 06, 2020
TonyRazor

Anambra Pays Spies To Squeal COVID-19 Suspects

The Anambra state government has offered to pay informants N10,000 for tracking COVID-19 patients.

The Head of Digital Entrepreneurship Office, Mr Ifeanyi Aniagoh announced this in a statement in Awka on Wednesday.

He said,"To support Government's effort to curb possible spread of COVID-19 pandemic and any form of influx of persons into Anambra especially through informal boundary routes thereby exposing the state to the risk of imported community spread of the virus, we are starting a special giveaway tagged "Report and Win".

"It's a simple game that will contribute a lot to stopping the infiltration of our dear state by friends and family whose entry into the state at this time could lead to the deaths of thousands if they end up spreading the deadly Coronavirus.

"It's on record that Anambra State Government has done a great deal to ensure that we are safe at this trying time and all that's required of every citizen is to ensure that none of their relatives brings Coronavirus into the state."

He added , "We shall be giving out free prizes to anyone who reports a new returnee into the state.

"For every complete details of a returnee, you get N5,000; and if the person is tracked down by the Security Agencies, you get N10,000. Anyone can win as much as possible."

He said entering into the state at this time was an offence and "every returnee has family and friends.

"So, anyone who enters with the virus undetected can easily trigger a community spread especially now that lockdown has been eased.

Aniagoh said t five persons had so far been reported through this method, adding that he had given the details of such people to the appropriate authorities for investigation.

Re: Anambra Pays Spies To Squeal COVID-19 Suspects by JOACHINpedro: 7:47pm On May 06, 2020
That's it!
I'm relocating to Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Pays Spies To Squeal COVID-19 Suspects by budaatum: 8:00pm On May 06, 2020
Do these "informers" go about with testing kits to check before informing or is this just another opportunity to call one's enemies witches and have them burnt?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pays Spies To Squeal COVID-19 Suspects by 3rdeyeNigeria: 9:42pm On May 06, 2020
budaatum:
Do these "informers" go about with testing kits to check before informing or is this just another opportunity to call one's enemies witches and have them burnt?

The information is for illegal entries...

If you sneak into the state, someone will use you to Cash out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pays Spies To Squeal COVID-19 Suspects by 3rdeyeNigeria: 9:44pm On May 06, 2020
The title should be changed to "COVID 19: Anambra starts Report and Win to Fight Illegal entries"

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Pays Spies To Squeal COVID-19 Suspects by budaatum: 2:24pm On May 07, 2020
3rdeyeNigeria:

The information is for illegal entries...

If you sneak into the state, someone will use you to Cash out
I'm just wondering if one's enemies might be tempted to use one for cash too, but I'm certain I'm just being paranoid.

(1) (Reply)

Covid19: First Volunteer In UK Coronavirus Vaccine Trial Has not Died / Are My Menstrual Blood Clots Normal? / Akwa Ibom State Government Rejects Used Vehicles Donated By Exxonmobil .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.