Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Old Pond (a Haiku) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Old Pond (a Haiku) (418 Views)

Snow [haiku] / Hunger (A Haiku) / A Collection Of Haiku And Other Poems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Pond (a Haiku) by Aiyamrex(m): 9:04pm On May 06, 2020
Silent old pond
sad fish leaped in
silence again!

#Folorunsho Iyanuoluwa

1 Like

Re: Old Pond (a Haiku) by Aiyamrex(m): 8:18am On May 07, 2020
Aiyamrex:
Silent old pond
old fish leaped out
silence again!

Silent old pond
up up the hook
what a nice meal!

looking deeply at this poem, u can have many interpretation as u read, but majorly splitted into trio-parts

THE POND
old and silent unti the fish stop it's peace in entrance.

THE FISH
finds joy in its new habitat leaping out for fun but ndt its end when human intervene
so sad

THE HUMAN
finds his meal a delicacy when he caught the fish with his hook. . .

the poem is open to any kind of constructive critique
Re: Old Pond (a Haiku) by Karanka: 6:26pm On May 07, 2020
Hello,isn't Haiku supposed to be a poem of 7 syllables in total? Having 5 syllables, 7 syllables and another 5 syllables for each of the lines.
Re: Old Pond (a Haiku) by Karanka: 6:26pm On May 07, 2020
Hello,isn't Haiku supposed to be a poem of 7 syllables in total? Having 5 syllables, 7 syllables and another 5 syllables for each of the lines.
Re: Old Pond (a Haiku) by Aiyamrex(m): 7:33pm On May 07, 2020
Well sir, according to the haiku. . . Syllables is different from the calculation of 7-5-7 moras. . .
in my lessons. . . Moras ain't syllables and at least if you can help in any way. . . Let me in please
Re: Old Pond (a Haiku) by Karanka: 9:26pm On May 08, 2020
Aiyamrex:
Well sir, according to the haiku. . . Syllables is different from the calculation of 7-5-7 moras. . .
in my lessons. . . Moras ain't syllables and at least if you can help in any way. . . Let me in please
You're right. Morae are slightly different from syllables. Your poem however,is neither strictly syllabic nor does it follow Mora as I hoped it would since you indicated it to be a haiku.
Re: Old Pond (a Haiku) by Aiyamrex(m): 10:12pm On May 08, 2020
Yes sir, i dnt think i get the haiku concept clear, can you make a constructive example using that poem sir. . .
i really need to improve that is why we need someone like you to come review our junks and give it a good look
Re: Old Pond (a Haiku) by ElScopio: 10:01am On Dec 12, 2020
Aiyamrex:
Yes sir, i dnt think i get the haiku concept clear, can you make a constructive example using that poem sir. . .
i really need to improve that is why we need someone like you to come review our junks and give it a good look
..a silent old pond
many sad fish leaped into
...silence once again.

Aiyamarex I hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

These Days Are Strange / He... & She... / Indices Of A Loon -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.