Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,549 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Ileri - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ileri (677 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ileri by Devilpen(m): 12:10am On May 07, 2020
Please note that only this update will be made available. Join our whatsapp group to read the full series

Send Add to https:///2348129563535
Written by: Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach
Genres: Ancient Myth, Adventure, Magical
Date Written: 20/04/2020
Release Date: 07/05/2020
Price: 0NGN
Handles
www.iuprime..com
facebook.com/theprimeinsaneuniverse
Contact us/ Whatsapp: 08129563535

Introduction

Leading diversity of life, Ileri had become a figure, most people never dare, creating fear into the mind of the powerful and the mighty, their prayers hoping night never comes, as it spells doom, no security has been able to lock her out, no team has brought her to book, loved by many, hated by thousands.

But since it means fighting for the right cause, nothing was standing on her path, but to her she saw it as simple fun, daring to do the things brave men dared not, only if she knew her life was going into a stranger course, one she didn't sign or plan for.

Known by various names, Godsent, Queen of the ocean, Human justice, Right of Eledumare

Making her standout are her mysterious powers no one knew how she got it.

Book One
Chapter One

Ileri grabbed the edge of the cliff and sighed as she looked down at the endless path, that went down and down. Beads of sweat rolled down her ruddy face, glittering her chocolate skinned face, she reached for the cliff with the other hand and pulled herself up.
Looking above, from where she had fell from, she smile and took about nine steps back away from the cliff, focusing on leaping over the wide gap between where she was and the other end, she sighed and took her mark, crouching on the ground.
She dashed forward, strengthening every muscles on her leg, getting to the tip of the cliff, she took the leap, with a loud scream, she swayed her hands in circular path to add the momentum, successfully reaching the other side, she rolled on the ground and strained as she fell hard on the ground, smacking her head against a stone which split her fore head.
She laid flat, taking time to rest, she giggled and rolled on her side, and stood up.
She retrieved a dagger from her waist, and walked forward into the cave before her.

She found herself standing before a tall alter, having a sword at the top, from where she stood, one could guess the alter to be about 25 feet tall.
"Why does it have to be this tall? " she asked herself and looked around the cave, hoping to find a solution, since the texture of the alter looked slippery and had no rough edges which she could climb on.

She walked closer to the alter and looked closely at the inscription on it, knowing what it was, the first writing of their ancestors, she looked around for any source of water, and smiled to herself.
"It says water, not any type of water, no specific type " she said and she grabbed a broken calabash and walked backward.
"I plead the gods don't be angry" she said and made a face of ecstasy.
Few seconds later, she bent down and raised the calabash filled with her urine and poured it on the alter.
Expecting something strange to happen, she bit her lips and suddenly the alter began to reduce, going into the ground.
"Whip of thunder" she said in gladness as the alter stood at her height.
She rubbed the blood on her face against her palm and instantly grabbed the huge sword with both hands.
She let out a loud scream as thunderbolt zapped through her body.
Thunder struck outside, turning the broad day light into darkness all over the village.

The palace door suddenly came open, and the Chief Priest walked in, looking from side to side as the maids lit up the oil torch on the wall, supporting himself with his walking stick, he prostrated before the king.
"Chief Priest, this is strange" the king said and rised from his throne, his golden crown, adorned with precious stones, sitting perfectly on his head, having the structure of a warrior, the kind flexed his broad muscles as he walked about the palace
"It's not strange my lord"
"Then what is it? "
The Chief Priest stood up and spoke
"The second degree, of the fifth class of Sango's sword has been retrieved, The Whip of Thunder now has a owner" The Chief Priest said calmly.
"IMPOSSIBLE!! "the king thundered and went mad with rage
"Commander, rally your men and bring who ever that filth is, the sword belongs to me"

Ileri was slowly elevated into the air, as thunder sparked out from her body, her eyes, hands, while the sword was firm on her grip.
She landed softly and opened her eyes, revealing a set of purple eyeballs, with little traces of white on them.
"It's mine" she said softly admiring the sword which was made of thunder threads.
Ileri looked up and slashed the sword on the ground, the force in return elevated her with speedily into the air, she slashed the sword above her head, making a path for her through the rock.
She came through the rock from below into the desert and landed, with a little staggering.

She looked up as the dark clouds rapidly began fading off
"In the name of the king, you're ordered to hand over that sword" a baritone voice said behind her.
Quickly she pulled up the black piece of cloth around her neck and covered her face from the nose down. She turned around and faced the King's soldier, the commander taking the lead, with about ten other soldiers seated on their horses.
"Which King, if he needed this so badly he should have come to get it for himself" Ileri replied and her purple eyes began glowing, her sense also became heightened
"You dare speak to the king in such a way, get her, dead or alive that sword leaves with us, that's an order"

The king suddenly dashed at the commander, almost been invisible, he grabbed the commander's sword from the sheath on his waist and slashed the spider closest to the commander in the neck, separating his head from the body.
Fear gripped the soldiers, anyone could be next, they knew how irrational Oba Gbenro could be, when he went into his berseker mode, nothing could stand on his oath.
The king trailed his fingers on the commanders shoulder from behind and whispered into his ears
"How strong could she be, how smart could she be? " he asked in a creepy tone.

The oil lamps in the palace began to burn furiously, as the king spoke with rage, each one burning fiercely in rhythm with how the king used his tone.
The commander gulped and began to breath heavily
"Today isn't the day you die, I want the sword by all means" Oba Gbenro said and sighed, trying to calm his emotion.
"We won't fail you, my king"
"You shouldn't, I don't take defeat lightly"

Ileri walked into the bar by the sea, still covering her face from the nose down, she walked up to the bar and passed three bronze coin to the bartender.
"Rum" she said and began tapping her hands on the wooden table, her sword hanging from her back, zapping out thunderbolts tag seems not to hurt her in any way.

The bar door, suddenly came open, a man looking wet ran in panting heavily.
"Everyone, I saw the sea monitor, and it tore my ship into two, together we can face this monster"

A huge man with a missing eye stood up and walked up to the man
"You know me for my fearless act, but this sea monitor is a no go area, see this" the man said pointing to his missing eye
"That bastard did this to me" The man said and turned around so everyone could see it.

"This sea monitor is just as strong as we perceive it, in numbers we can overcome it"

"Give me a ship, and I'll bring it's head to you" Ileri's voice interrupted them.

Looking at her, the bartender chuckled and dropped the wooden cup on her table. The man with he missing eye walked up to her and held her by the arm
"And by whose authority do you speak, a lady has no say in this"

With swift movement, Ileri grabbed the man by the head and banged it on her table, breaking it into many pieces

The man groaned, surprised by how easily Ileri countered him and pulled a man of such weight and height to the ground.

Ileri retrieved her sword and swing it skillfully.
"Isn't that Whip of thunder " someone in the bar said in shock

"It has no counterfeit, but how did she have her hands on that? " another whispered

The huge man stood beside Ileri and looked at her, folded his arms into each other and placed his hand on her shoulder.
"I'll let my pride down, what else do you need? "

Standing on the hull of the ship, Ileri shouted from the top, directing the sailor where to turn to
"I see something like it, head north " Ileri shouted and slide down from the hull.

"The thing might be big, but not smart, definitely not smart, do we have any Archer?" Ileri asked the huge man, Mare

"Sure" Mare replied and screamed "IGE!! "

Getting closer to the sea monitor, Ileri held tight to her sword and began tilting it around, gathering enough thunder current into it.
"First we have to annoy it, then I'll take it from there" Ileri said to the Archer, who kept focusing on his bottle of rum.
"are you even listening? "
"Just tell me what to do lady" Ige replied harshly and pulled the strong of his bow, standing before the ram of the ship.
"the eyes"

The sea monitor, growled loudly, it's razor sharp irregular teeth filled with sticky saliva, the body covered up in full thick scale, the numerous tentacles, similar to the blades of mighty warriors joined in one.

Ige pulled the string of his bow, releasing the arrow, hitting an eyes among many on the sea monitor. The monster growled in rage and began dashing furiously at the ship, making huge wave spread around.
Ileri tied a rope around her waist, whike Mare held the it firmly, swiftly Ileri dived overboard, stopping few inches away from the sea while the ship was moving, she slashed the sword against the sea, releasing high thunder voltage into it.

Striking the sea monitor, the thunder Bolt, literary smoked it, burning it down, without giving it any chance to struggle for survival.
"Yeeeahhhhhhhhh" everyone on board shouted with joy as the monitor fell hard on the sea.

2 Likes

Re: Ileri by Tominix(m): 9:35am On May 08, 2020
sad abeg na tonguecheesytonguetonguecheesy Moreeè
Re: Ileri by oloyedprince1(m): 2:18pm On May 08, 2020
u don't disappoint
Re: Ileri by Devilpen(m): 10:36am On May 12, 2020
A new story available
Firefly is now available on our blogsite

www.iuprime..com
Re: Ileri by Tominix(m): 10:42am On May 12, 2020
Devilpen:
A new story available Firefly is now available on our blogsite
www.iuprime..com
bro re you back[]

Re: Ileri by Devilpen(m): 1:43pm On May 18, 2020
The full story is on www.iuprime..com
Devilpen:
Please note that only this update will be made available. Join our whatsapp group to read the full series

Send Add to https:///2348129563535
Written by: Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach
Genres: Ancient Myth, Adventure, Magical
Date Written: 20/04/2020
Release Date: 07/05/2020
Price: 0NGN
Handles
www.iuprime..com
facebook.com/theprimeinsaneuniverse
Contact us/ Whatsapp: 08129563535

Introduction

Leading diversity of life, Ileri had become a figure, most people never dare, creating fear into the mind of the powerful and the mighty, their prayers hoping night never comes, as it spells doom, no security has been able to lock her out, no team has brought her to book, loved by many, hated by thousands.

But since it means fighting for the right cause, nothing was standing on her path, but to her she saw it as simple fun, daring to do the things brave men dared not, only if she knew her life was going into a stranger course, one she didn't sign or plan for.

Known by various names, Godsent, Queen of the ocean, Human justice, Right of Eledumare

Making her standout are her mysterious powers no one knew how she got it.

Book One
Chapter One

Ileri grabbed the edge of the cliff and sighed as she looked down at the endless path, that went down and down. Beads of sweat rolled down her ruddy face, glittering her chocolate skinned face, she reached for the cliff with the other hand and pulled herself up.
Looking above, from where she had fell from, she smile and took about nine steps back away from the cliff, focusing on leaping over the wide gap between where she was and the other end, she sighed and took her mark, crouching on the ground.
She dashed forward, strengthening every muscles on her leg, getting to the tip of the cliff, she took the leap, with a loud scream, she swayed her hands in circular path to add the momentum, successfully reaching the other side, she rolled on the ground and strained as she fell hard on the ground, smacking her head against a stone which split her fore head.
She laid flat, taking time to rest, she giggled and rolled on her side, and stood up.
She retrieved a dagger from her waist, and walked forward into the cave before her.

She found herself standing before a tall alter, having a sword at the top, from where she stood, one could guess the alter to be about 25 feet tall.
"Why does it have to be this tall? " she asked herself and looked around the cave, hoping to find a solution, since the texture of the alter looked slippery and had no rough edges which she could climb on.

She walked closer to the alter and looked closely at the inscription on it, knowing what it was, the first writing of their ancestors, she looked around for any source of water, and smiled to herself.
"It says water, not any type of water, no specific type " she said and she grabbed a broken calabash and walked backward.
"I plead the gods don't be angry" she said and made a face of ecstasy.
Few seconds later, she bent down and raised the calabash filled with her urine and poured it on the alter.
Expecting something strange to happen, she bit her lips and suddenly the alter began to reduce, going into the ground.
"Whip of thunder" she said in gladness as the alter stood at her height.
She rubbed the blood on her face against her palm and instantly grabbed the huge sword with both hands.
She let out a loud scream as thunderbolt zapped through her body.
Thunder struck outside, turning the broad day light into darkness all over the village.

The palace door suddenly came open, and the Chief Priest walked in, looking from side to side as the maids lit up the oil torch on the wall, supporting himself with his walking stick, he prostrated before the king.
"Chief Priest, this is strange" the king said and rised from his throne, his golden crown, adorned with precious stones, sitting perfectly on his head, having the structure of a warrior, the kind flexed his broad muscles as he walked about the palace
"It's not strange my lord"
"Then what is it? "
The Chief Priest stood up and spoke
"The second degree, of the fifth class of Sango's sword has been retrieved, The Whip of Thunder now has a owner" The Chief Priest said calmly.
"IMPOSSIBLE!! "the king thundered and went mad with rage
"Commander, rally your men and bring who ever that filth is, the sword belongs to me"

Ileri was slowly elevated into the air, as thunder sparked out from her body, her eyes, hands, while the sword was firm on her grip.
She landed softly and opened her eyes, revealing a set of purple eyeballs, with little traces of white on them.
"It's mine" she said softly admiring the sword which was made of thunder threads.
Ileri looked up and slashed the sword on the ground, the force in return elevated her with speedily into the air, she slashed the sword above her head, making a path for her through the rock.
She came through the rock from below into the desert and landed, with a little staggering.

She looked up as the dark clouds rapidly began fading off
"In the name of the king, you're ordered to hand over that sword" a baritone voice said behind her.
Quickly she pulled up the black piece of cloth around her neck and covered her face from the nose down. She turned around and faced the King's soldier, the commander taking the lead, with about ten other soldiers seated on their horses.
"Which King, if he needed this so badly he should have come to get it for himself" Ileri replied and her purple eyes began glowing, her sense also became heightened
"You dare speak to the king in such a way, get her, dead or alive that sword leaves with us, that's an order"

The king suddenly dashed at the commander, almost been invisible, he grabbed the commander's sword from the sheath on his waist and slashed the spider closest to the commander in the neck, separating his head from the body.
Fear gripped the soldiers, anyone could be next, they knew how irrational Oba Gbenro could be, when he went into his berseker mode, nothing could stand on his oath.
The king trailed his fingers on the commanders shoulder from behind and whispered into his ears
"How strong could she be, how smart could she be? " he asked in a creepy tone.

The oil lamps in the palace began to burn furiously, as the king spoke with rage, each one burning fiercely in rhythm with how the king used his tone.
The commander gulped and began to breath heavily
"Today isn't the day you die, I want the sword by all means" Oba Gbenro said and sighed, trying to calm his emotion.
"We won't fail you, my king"
"You shouldn't, I don't take defeat lightly"

Ileri walked into the bar by the sea, still covering her face from the nose down, she walked up to the bar and passed three bronze coin to the bartender.
"Rum" she said and began tapping her hands on the wooden table, her sword hanging from her back, zapping out thunderbolts tag seems not to hurt her in any way.

The bar door, suddenly came open, a man looking wet ran in panting heavily.
"Everyone, I saw the sea monitor, and it tore my ship into two, together we can face this monster"

A huge man with a missing eye stood up and walked up to the man
"You know me for my fearless act, but this sea monitor is a no go area, see this" the man said pointing to his missing eye
"That bastard did this to me" The man said and turned around so everyone could see it.

"This sea monitor is just as strong as we perceive it, in numbers we can overcome it"

"Give me a ship, and I'll bring it's head to you" Ileri's voice interrupted them.

Looking at her, the bartender chuckled and dropped the wooden cup on her table. The man with he missing eye walked up to her and held her by the arm
"And by whose authority do you speak, a lady has no say in this"

With swift movement, Ileri grabbed the man by the head and banged it on her table, breaking it into many pieces

The man groaned, surprised by how easily Ileri countered him and pulled a man of such weight and height to the ground.

Ileri retrieved her sword and swing it skillfully.
"Isn't that Whip of thunder " someone in the bar said in shock

"It has no counterfeit, but how did she have her hands on that? " another whispered

The huge man stood beside Ileri and looked at her, folded his arms into each other and placed his hand on her shoulder.
"I'll let my pride down, what else do you need? "

Standing on the hull of the ship, Ileri shouted from the top, directing the sailor where to turn to
"I see something like it, head north " Ileri shouted and slide down from the hull.

"The thing might be big, but not smart, definitely not smart, do we have any Archer?" Ileri asked the huge man, Mare

"Sure" Mare replied and screamed "IGE!! "

Getting closer to the sea monitor, Ileri held tight to her sword and began tilting it around, gathering enough thunder current into it.
"First we have to annoy it, then I'll take it from there" Ileri said to the Archer, who kept focusing on his bottle of rum.
"are you even listening? "
"Just tell me what to do lady" Ige replied harshly and pulled the strong of his bow, standing before the ram of the ship.
"the eyes"

The sea monitor, growled loudly, it's razor sharp irregular teeth filled with sticky saliva, the body covered up in full thick scale, the numerous tentacles, similar to the blades of mighty warriors joined in one.

Ige pulled the string of his bow, releasing the arrow, hitting an eyes among many on the sea monitor. The monster growled in rage and began dashing furiously at the ship, making huge wave spread around.
Ileri tied a rope around her waist, whike Mare held the it firmly, swiftly Ileri dived overboard, stopping few inches away from the sea while the ship was moving, she slashed the sword against the sea, releasing high thunder voltage into it.

Striking the sea monitor, the thunder Bolt, literary smoked it, burning it down, without giving it any chance to struggle for survival.
"Yeeeahhhhhhhhh" everyone on board shouted with joy as the monitor fell hard on the sea.

Re: Ileri by tunjilee003: 10:28am On May 27, 2020
anoтнer one ғroм devιlpen, nιce joв op..

(1) (Reply)

Grammarly Premium / Dirty Affair With My Sister (Chapter 1) / Write Your Way To Riches On The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.