Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Almajiri System Now Quashed In The North – Gov El-rufai - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Almajiri System Now Quashed In The North – Gov El-rufai (258 Views)

Almajiri Drowns In Kano Pond / COVID-19: FG Dispatches Team To Jigawa Over ‘Unusual Deaths’, Almajiri Cases / Jigawa Begins Sample Collection For The Almajiri Returnees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almajiri System Now Quashed In The North – Gov El-rufai by 042Trend: 5:04am On May 07, 2020

Nasir El-Rufai, governor of Kaduna State, has said that the almajiri system in the north has been put to an end totally, CH Reports

El-Rufai who spoke during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today, disclosed that over 30,000 almajiri children have been repatriated to other states and his administration is reviewing the states laws to ensure that the system is never established again.

He said:

“The Northern Governors Forum took a collective decision at a meeting we had about two weeks ago that we will end the almajiri system completely, we will abolish it.

“And part of the steps we took was to return them to their states of origin. We also decided that each state government will take delivery of these almajiris and return them to their parents and ensure that they go to school.

“We have done that in Kaduna; we have repatriated over 30,000 almajiris from other states back to their states and we are happy to receive any almajiri from any state of the federation that are indigenous to Kaduna.

“We have been expanding our schools, building classrooms to accommodate these children. It is better to cram 200 children in a classroom and give them some kind of modern education than to allow them to waste their lives away and go around begging. Anything is better than this system and we are determined as northern governors to end it.”

“If these children were not brought to us, they simply would have died in Kano. Some of them would survive the disease, but the situation in Kano is overwhelming and I don’t think that anybody in Kano will want to look after them and test them.”

https://www.codedhits.com/almajiri-system-now-quashed-in-the-north-gov-el-rufai/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Re: Almajiri System Now Quashed In The North – Gov El-rufai by Staphylococcus: 5:16am On May 07, 2020
God bless His Excellence, Governor Nasir El Rufai
Re: Almajiri System Now Quashed In The North – Gov El-rufai by Aboks(m): 5:16am On May 07, 2020
Good move atleast people wont give birth to children and send them to one hunger striken aboki to carter for

No more recruits for terrorists

I have been wondering what kind of school that buys plate for children and send them out to beg

1 Share

Re: Almajiri System Now Quashed In The North – Gov El-rufai by slyfox35(m): 5:17am On May 07, 2020
Nice move,but can you separate the bee from the honey?
Those people will still beg no matter what,I once met a well to do Hausa man,not very wealthy but good enough to cater for a family,he saw this almajiri girl that he liked and decided he will take her off begging and marry her,he went to meet the dad for formalities,the dad said ,”If you marry my daughter,will she still be begging” ,the man said “of course no “ then the dad said “then you can’t marry my daughter,she needs to beg,begging is what I have been using to feed,look at my house,I built it from begging “.
There is poverty and there is ignorance,but when the both are combined in one group of people,that is a pandemic on its own
Northern state governors,I leave you to your faith,Goodluck
Re: Almajiri System Now Quashed In The North – Gov El-rufai by mamaafrik(m): 5:25am On May 07, 2020
They don't tell a mad man that it's raining,hypocrites,sebi sanusi talk am then,una want kill am.
Re: Almajiri System Now Quashed In The North – Gov El-rufai by Kestolove(m): 5:31am On May 07, 2020
Thanks to covid-19

(1) (Reply)

14 Proven Ways To Flatten Your Stomach In 30 Days / Breaking: Use Madagascar’s Herbal Drug To Treat COVID-19 Patients – Buhar / Buhari Receives Madagascar’s Coronavirus ‘cure’, Says It’ll Be Verified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.