Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' (868 Views)

2023: Peter Obi And LP In Financial Misappropriation Scandal / Usman Gur Mohammed Sacked Over N781bn Siemens Power Deal / Isa Bayero, Emir Sanusi's Aide Grilled Over "Financial Misappropriation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' by Brika: 6:30am On May 07, 2020
Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State has sacked his Personal Assistant, Tijani Nwadei, and a Special Adviser on Skills Development, Mrs. Dare Ukinebo, over alleged financial misappropriation and fraudulent practices, according to trusted government house sources.

Global Times learnt that the development is not unconnected to the governor’s Edo Jobs program which critics say is a failure as a result of alleged financial misappropriation by Ukinebo, who doubles as coordinator.

The Delta-born Tijani Nwadei, has been at the center of series of allegations of fraud and illegal kickback deals with firms contracted by the Edo State Government to execute projects after a “sudden accumulation of wealth” following his appointment by Obaseki in 2016.

It was alleged that Tijani used his close relationship with Obaseki as PA to subdue other senior government officials, both elected and appointed, and secure contractual deals for selected firms in exchange for undocumented rewards.

This reportedly led to an exchange of blows between him and Obaseki’s cousin, Mandela Obaseki, last year at the government house when the governor’s sibling, confronted Tijani over his influence and favoring of other friends and individuals in corrupt deals.

Global Times recalls that in an explosive Facebook post, Mandela gave hints to his conflict with Tijani and affirmed the “cronyism and corruption” have consumed the ‘embattled’ governor’s administration.

Mrs. Dare Ukinebo, on her part was fired for poorly managing the Edo Jobs initiative designed to help the Obaseki government achieve its target of 200,000 jobs promised during the 2016 campaigns.

The initiative was marred by allegations of nepotism, diversion of budgeted funds, and poor execution of trainings and programs.

“Safe to say it failed broadly in its job creation mandate and contributed to the angst against the Obaseki-administration.

“Both aides of the governor were eased of their duty quietly to avoid media scrutiny into the events that led to their ouster,” a source told Global Times.

“The governor specifically declared his Personal Assistant, Tijani persona non grata, banning him from his official and private residence,” the source added.

Recall that Obaseki’s Chief of Staff, Taiwo Akerele, recently resigned his position citing differences in principles and alluding to the fact that the duties of his office have been hijacked by other figures in the administration who were bent on punishing him for advising against the drawn-out war the governor declared against his predecessor and National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole.

The continuous sackings and political jostling in the Obaseki-administration have reportedly distracted it from the management of COVID-19 in the state as the number of confirmed cases continues to soar, with 67 so far confirmed by NCDC.

https://globaltimesng.com/obasekis-pa-edo-jobs-coordinator-sacked-over-financial-misappropriation/

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' by Ezennwa(m): 6:32am On May 07, 2020
hmm!

Na dem, polithieftians.
Re: Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' by realstars: 6:36am On May 07, 2020
Bad
Re: Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' by fykes(m): 6:51am On May 07, 2020
What is bad?
If ur friend become governor and invites u to head a government agency or project... Stay there don't tidy yourself.
Stay there and be working like ant until rain falls
Re: Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' by Peterobi90: 6:53am On May 07, 2020
fykes:
What is bad?
If ur friend become governor and invites u to head a government agency or project... Stay there don't tidy yourself.
Stay there and be working like ant until rain falls

Your kind would rather embezzle 100m while using 80m to fund personal security...

Rather than creating 200,000 jobs and using your legitimate 20m to live a free life devoid of fear of insecurity and terrorism from the jobless populace...
Re: Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' by Nobody: 7:01am On May 07, 2020
Damn!
Re: Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' by GOFRONT(m): 7:30am On May 07, 2020
They chop Yams??
Re: Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' by fykes(m): 9:48pm On May 07, 2020
Peterobi90:

Your kind would rather embezzle 100m while using 80m to fund personal security...

Rather than creating 200,000 jobs and using your legitimate 20m to live a free life devoid of fear of insecurity and terrorism from the jobless populace...

Well since u know how to create jobs and live free of insecurity and terrorism with 20m.
Why I gotta do that?
Just wait ur turn... While I use my turn to embezzle 200m and buy Canadian citizenship for my family as that's what I know how to.
Live and let live kwo?
Re: Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' by Peterobi90: 9:51pm On May 07, 2020
fykes:

Well since u know how to create jobs and live free of insecurity and terrorism with 20m.
Why I gotta do that?
Just wait ur turn... While I use my turn to embezzle 200m and buy Canadian citizenship for my family as that's what I know how to.
Live and let live kwo?

Well, we can only pray your kind never handles even family contribution.
Re: Obaseki’s PA, Edo Jobs Coordinator Sacked Over 'financial Misappropriation' by fykes(m): 10:00pm On May 07, 2020
Peterobi90:

Well, we can only pray your kind never handles even family contribution.
Well it's ur prayer to waste... God doesn't consult u nor ur "we" to give anyone power.
Ciao!

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Police A And Police B / Breaking News: Buruji Kashamu Is Dead / BREAKING: Buhari Contravened Law On Judges’ Appointment – Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.