Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Flying Eagels Camp Thrown Open For Foreign Bases Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagels Camp Thrown Open For Foreign Bases Players (566 Views)

I Was Stripped Naked And Thrown Out — Enyeama(photos) / NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches / Super Eagels International Coach Likely First Eleven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Flying Eagels Camp Thrown Open For Foreign Bases Players by bennie1980(m): 9:17am On Jan 12, 2011
Home | Sports | Obuh to open camp for second round camping
Obuh to open camp for second round camping
Font size: Patrick Ngwaogu 12/01/2011 00:00:00

Flying Eagles Chief Coach John Obu has revealed to NationSport that he would throw his camp open the second round of his camping exercise to all Nigeria foreign based players.

Speaking in Abuja, the Sharks of Port Harcourt gaffer said "I am going to throw the camp open immediately we begin the second round of camping. All Nigerian players based overseas would be given the opportunity of trying their luck then.

Wherever they are based, as long as they fall within the stipulated age limit, they should come around. As long they are Nigerians I would surely allow them. I want stiffer oppositions in the team, I want the best legs to represent the country in African Youth Championship (AYC), and the World Cup proper. I want the best for country, and only the best would make the team". On the fate of the players that qualified the country for the Championship, Obu said that the players would have to work hard to deserve a place in the team "All the former players would have to merit their place in the team. Any of them that may have lost his form, should be rest assured that they would also lose their place in the team. There is no two ways about that" he stressed.

He remain confidence that he would raise a team that would emerge from that group that have been tagged the group of death by analyst "If you go to Ghana, Cameroun or Gambia and feel their heart beat, they are also losing sleep over the group. There is no push over in that group. All the countries have one or two things in common, and the scores would be finally settled when the competition proper begins in February". He remain optimistic that his team would come out of the group, and eventually qualify for the World cup proper saying that "the end would justify the means".

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Olympic Marathon Champion Wanjiru Dies / Swans Eye Senna Swoop / The Best Video Ever Of | Real Madrid (rm) 3 - 0 Ajax Amsterdam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.