Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1511 Views)

Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) / If Nigeria Was Governed By Russia President? What Will Be Your Take On This! / Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 7:41am On May 07, 2020
Re: . by Nobody: 7:46am On May 07, 2020
I'll impeach every single political office holder and replace with younger generations

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 8:09am On May 07, 2020
Anarchy01:
I'll impeach every single political office holder and replace with younger generations

Does leading a nation necessarily depend on being young or old? We ve been clamouring for younger politicians then we've had Emmanuel macron as French Pm, Justin treadeau as Canadian Pm, Sanna Marian as Finland pm even idk if it's Denmark or so that their Pm is also a female & relatively young. So does being young offer any real change to the system??

Elisha abbo is what a young politician mite be like for nigeria but I strongly agree the young people are more ambitious & driven than their old papa's so let's just hope we get a young leader soonest!!!
Re: . by Nobody: 8:12am On May 07, 2020
I will share the whole money Nigeria has to the citizens and then sell the country to China or the highest bidder

2 Likes

Re: . by rationalhuman(m): 9:04am On May 07, 2020
What you mean by Again?
If again means "fake stories and fantasies" then bye bye rationality and truth.

Heathrow44:
We have people here shouting at Pres. Buhari that he can't govern, they haven't felt the impact of his governance, that's baba go slow, Bubu, dictator, not a Democratic leader, rules with iron hand as a general he is, says he's fighting corruption but Nigeria just overtook India as the poorest country on earth so where do all the money he's getting through the Anti-graft war going if not that is being relooted by a self claimed Mr. Integrity. Going over all the past leaders that has led their countries from the US down to UK, France, Germany ,Russia etc who would you like or whose style of leadership would you like for the next president to exhibit.

PS I'm not a buharist just a person that cares about the welfare of the country, to make it a better place for the unborn generation. Do your bit & make this poll, you might just save your country..

1 Like

Re: . by helinues: 9:06am On May 07, 2020
Tap into other natural resources to generate fresh income
Re: . by tatatar: 9:51am On May 07, 2020
Was Nigeria great before
Well,to make Nigeria great we need.....MONEY.
Without which we are just wasting our time.
Generating enough government revenue is something all our past leaders have failed at.
There's really nothing we can do with that miserable thing of a budget were almost all of it is spent on recurrent expenditure.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:34am On May 07, 2020
Restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: . by giftedben: 10:42am On May 07, 2020
Nigeria was never a great country. The only great thing about Nigeria is the ability to loot and reloot public funds.

Going by your question. If I was the president of Nigeria, I will divide the country. No country can be great if the foundation is weak, collapse is inevitable.

4 Likes

Re: . by Fidelismaria: 10:44am On May 07, 2020

then I'll be the last president

the first thing I'll do is have my senator sponsor a bill for referendum, have it pass and sign into law since the current mumu lawmakers say our constitution doesn't permit referendum

after passing into the bill into law then there will be a general referendum

and that will be the end of this abomination called Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:07am On May 07, 2020
- Restructure our Federation by giving power to self govern back to the states, and ensure all the states are self sufficient.

- Amend the 1999 constitution, it’s out dated.

- Redesign the Nigerian flag.

- Make belonging or identifying with any ethnic group illegal and punishable by death.

- institute a Free healthcare system, while allowing private institutions to still operate and provide medical care for those with private health insurance.

- Free primary and secondary school education compulsory for all children under 18. Any underage kid not in school is breaking the law and can be sent to hard labour in juvenile prison.

- Launch a special taskforce to tackle the problem of power in the country. Invest in solar powering systems, everybody in Nigeria deserves the right to enjoy power 24/7 with no disruptions.

- Invest in infrastructure, fix all broken fed gov roads. Also empower state govt to maintain their own infrastructure and encourage them to build good roads in their respective states.

- Invest in tourist sites, make them all a national pride. Tourism should be our 2nd highest money maker next to oil.

3 Likes

Re: . by Genoa(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2020
Restructuring....

1 Like

Re: . by ayoola27: 11:53am On May 07, 2020
Fidelismaria:

then I'll be the last president

the first thing I'll do is have my senator sponsor a bill for referendum, have it pass and sign into law since the current mumu lawmakers say our constitution doesn't permit referendum

after passing into the bill into law then there will be a general referendum

and that will be the end of this abomination called Nigeria

lol...U don't know That u can't pass a law that contradicts the constitution

And even if there is...The Law becomes void and Ultra vires..

I've educated u..but as an Igbo that u are...I expect ur insults

1 Like

Re: . by HighWITCH: 6:19pm On May 07, 2020
1. I will do whatever it takes to abolish State of Indigene status in the country.
2. Every child and ward of public office holder must school in a Government school in Nigeria, it will become law. In fact, it will start with me.
3. Every government official will be prohibited from using Generator.
4. Every government official will be prohibited from using a siren and is only allowed max 2 unarmed security men.
5. I will sponsor a bill to slash legislators pay and allowances by 80% and will only be on part time basis.
6. All this will be made law because I will be willing to fund its being signed into law by the assembly.
7. Then just sit back and watch as everyone starts fixing the country.

3 Likes

Re: . by patwilly(m): 6:53pm On May 07, 2020
1. Death penalty for corruption. 2. See number 1 above. Everything other thing will fall in place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by altruisticlomo(m): 7:50pm On May 07, 2020
chilet4cici:
I will share the whole money Nigeria has to the citizens and then sell the country to China or the highest bidder
nice one baba
Re: . by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 07, 2020
KingJa:
- Restructure our Federation by giving power to self govern back to the states, and ensure all the states are self sufficient.

- Amend the 1999 constitution, it’s out dated.

- Redesign the Nigerian flag.

- Make belonging or identifying with any ethnic group illegal and punishable by death.

- institute a Free healthcare system, while allowing private institutions to still operate and provide medical care for those with private health insurance.

- Free primary and secondary school education compulsory for all children under 18. Any underage kid not in school is breaking the law and can be sent to hard labour in juvenile prison.

- Launch a special taskforce to tackle the problem of power in the country. Invest in solar powering systems, everybody in Nigeria deserves the right to enjoy power 24/7 with no disruptions.

- Invest in infrastructure, fix all broken fed gov roads. Also empower state govt to maintain their own infrastructure and encourage them to build good roads in their respective states.

- Invest in tourist sites, make them all a national pride. Tourism should be our 2nd highest money maker next to oil.

Very realistic and sound.

Except that I will take the money you want to invest in tourism and invest in Agriculture. There's more potential in Agriculture than in tourism. I will invest in irrigation to ensure all year round farming.

No be rocket science to make this country work o.

Na wicked this people wicked o.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:23am On May 08, 2020
ayoola27:

lol...U don't know That u can't pass a law that contradicts the constitution

And even if there is...The Law becomes void and Ultra vires..

I've educated u..but as an Igbo that u are...I expect ur insults

But he can push 4 an amendment of the constitution with article clauses bearing a referendum act, the constitution are not rigid like that not t be changed
Re: . by Nobody: 7:41am On May 08, 2020
4 me Well there are still many things this country needs so let's go on

1. Strong independent institutions ie from the EFCC, ICPC, INEC(scrap this one nt useful), law courts etc
2. Control of population by making sure that people's income can adequately cater for the children they want t bear. A family's income should determine d no of children per household. Use of condoms, iVf, etc
3. Clear separation of power; a law that prevents the use of police or any other agencies against another arm of govt unless signed by a judge, we need a Nancy pelosi kind of legislature & a judiciary that can halt a President's order ..
4. Improve the country's currency value. Imagine if our naira is close to the Euro, pounds or US dollar, it means if we struggle t build one international airport b4 we can comfortably build two, more roads, more healthcare systems etc.
5. National carrier: we need the Nigerian airways back.. We need a pride of the nation like what the NHS is to the UK
6. Strong healthcare system.. Like the NHS
7. Modern police - there re lots of things t change there from their uniform, training/, firearms, image etc. The police should be made t understand the protocol and a 2step protocol b4 d use of firearm is justified. They need tear gas canisters, Bodycams, Police drones, safe houses, intelligence, stun guns, plastic strips, gas masks they need t look like a elite special force like the SAS not like armed robbers. U can't differentiate a police man or SARS from armed robbers cry

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:08am On May 08, 2020
Reading this comments,

I'm assured there's hope for Nigeria.

We are leaving Nigeria in very good hands.

Great people Great nation

2 Likes

Re: . by gidgiddy: 8:13am On May 08, 2020
KingJa:
- Res.

In other words, I will be denied the ethnic identity handed down to me by my ancestors so that you can try to make the unworkable British invented colonial disaster called Nigeria to work?

How do you think any ethnic group with any sense of pride is going to allow that? It would be far better to hold a referendum and allow those who want to exit Nigeria to do so

2 Likes

Re: . by gidgiddy: 8:18am On May 08, 2020
Heathrow44:
We have people here shouting at Pres. Buhari that he can't govern, they haven't felt the impact of his governance, that's baba go slow, Bubu, dictator, not a Democratic leader, rules with iron hand as a general he is, says he's fighting corruption but Nigeria just overtook India as the poorest country on earth so where do all the money he's getting through the Anti-graft war going if not that is being relooted by a self claimed Mr. Integrity. Going over all the past leaders that has led their countries from the US down to UK, France, Germany ,Russia etc who would you like or whose style of leadership would you like for the next president to exhibit.

PS I'm not a buharist just a person that cares about the welfare of the country, to make it a better place for the unborn generation. Do your bit & make this poll, you might just save your country..

Nigeria is not workable, we just people that Lugard forced together at gun point in 1914 while his crazy wife named us all after a River. Nigeria is a country but is not a nation and never will be. We are wasting our time together, it simply cannot work because we are too different. What we should be talking about is disintegration

1 Like

Re: . by Tranquillity360: 8:18am On May 08, 2020
Divide Nigeria so there will be peace.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:25am On May 08, 2020
HighWITCH:
1. I will do whatever it takes to abolish State of Indigene status in the country.
This is not possible.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:27am On May 08, 2020
KingJa:
-

If you think this is possible, then you're not fit to rule any country. grin
Re: . by Nobody: 8:34am On May 08, 2020
Update

8. Creating a free emergency line service like the 911 what's ur emergency, all linked t a fire service, paramedic or police situation, I don't knw y this is so hard t do..
To d police : Dispatch 201101, there's a situation going on around giddy's avenue, all units are advised t proceed to this locations, suspect is a lone shooter on a black hoodie, armed & highly dangerous, proceed w caution/. (Radio cuts)
Response: Dispatch en route ETA 4mins

Dispatch : we are providing an eye in the sky assistance (Drones) and SARS elite special forces are on standby

This one go burst pple brain & give a sense of.security
I

9. 24hr electricity with every means possible

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:41am On May 08, 2020
gidgiddy:

In other words, I will be denied the ethnic identity handed down to me by my ancestors so that you can try to make the unworkable British invented colonial disaster called Nigeria to work?

How do you think any ethnic group with any sense of pride is going to allow that? It would be far better to hold a referendum and allow those who want to exit Nigeria to do so

I’m not against referendum, I’ll gladly get rid of this shit hole called Nigeria as long as it’s within the constitution and it is done peacefully.

But to make Nigeria work because that’s what we have as our country at the moment and in order to address what’s wrong with our country, we’d need to get rid of tribalism. And the best way to do that in my opinion is to make it illegal.

Meaning, your tribal identity is confined to your household and ancestral awareness only. So addressing anyone by their ethic origin for example, Ijaw, Igbo, Hausa, Fulani, Yoruba would be treated like the “N” word and subjected to scrutiny. So only places those words would be allowed is in school textbooks, history books, and other venues that those words could be used in appropriate manner. If anybody dares try to engage tribal or ethnic discrimination, then the act could be considered CAPITAL TREASON and punishable by death.

I know it’ll be difficult to look past your tribal bigotry but because I know u wan chop life like every other Nigerian, you will adjust fast and see yourself first and foremost as a Nigerian because u no wan die cos u carry tribe foh head.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:50am On May 08, 2020
At a point we should all stop complaining about the government, we are the government ? U & are, d president was elected to serve our needs not the other way round. I'm sick & tired of complaining, let's fight & get the solutions our unborn children would be proud of all of us, wat we did today would be a history taught in our schools 10yrs from now of how we developed this country from a shithole to a first class country
Re: . by Nobody: 8:52am On May 08, 2020
Heathrow44:
At a point we should all stop complaining about the government, we are the government ? U & are, d president was elected to serve our needs not the other way round. I'm sick & tired of complaining, let's fight & get the solutions our unborn children would be proud of all of us, wat we did today would be a history taught in our schools 10yrs from now of how we developed this country from a shithole to a first class country

God bless you

Oil dey your head
Re: . by Nobody: 8:52am On May 08, 2020
Help save your country! Ur comments are important & they do count!
Re: . by Karlifate: 8:55am On May 08, 2020
Fixing the power/electricity is the key to help industries thrive in Nigeria. Many individuals will also become productive.
If you try to fix some sectors & neglecting the power sector, your effort will result in futility. Some patients has died when 'NEPA took light' in some Hospitals before putting on their generator.
Re: . by giftedben: 9:01am On May 08, 2020
Heathrow44:

Do you think we have not heard those words before. Our fathers said the same thing. Now the people that ruled our fathers are now the people ruling us. Who is next? Is it Gowon or is it babagida

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshiomole Wanted To Use Me Remove Obaseki And Then Make Me Governor-philip Shaib / Tension Heightens As Residents Desert Homes In Orlu As Military Take Over / Tinubu Goes To The North To Play Politics..."-PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.