Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi (20427 Views)

Obidients: Which Path, Civility Or Toxicity? - Amaka Ogunjobi / Peter Obi Supporters Should Act Like Peter Obi In Behaviour - Amaka Ogunjobi / John Ogunjobi Stabbed To Death In London. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by gaetano: 9:53am On Dec 15, 2019
“Finance, Customs, Immigration, FIRS, NPA, NNPC, AMCON, NDIC, Federal Mortgage Bank, are now firmly in the hands of northerners!"

I have said it over and over; we are not organised and we often act on impulse. The Fulani think 50 years ahead , but we think and romanticise with yesterday. We celebrate achievements of yesterday as if they are more important than the future. What is going on is an organised sub-regional plan to establish a Nigeria that fits into their own dream. When are we going to play the flute because every time we rush to the agenda they throw in our midst and we start panting? They dictate the pace of our Politics and power game. Unfortunately our networking is so weak that we hardly have any meeting point , complete with all the strategic groups across Yorubaland” – Akaraoogun.

For those who may not know, I have more than established my bona fides as a supporter of President Muhammadu Buhari. When he was not even sure he would emerge the APC Presidential candidate in 2015, I had written concerning him, saying: ”Nigeria, in its current dire straits, needs Buhari more than he needs Nigeria”.

But that is not all, as can be confirmed by the following attestations.

“Buhari: The Politics of Age By Professor Tam David-West

October 14, 2014.

“Nigeria, in its current dire straits needs Buhari more than he needs Nigeria.” –

Femi Orebe

“The Nation On Sunday” September 28, 2014 Page 18″.

“Daddy Orebe is the most misunderstood person in recent times because his traducers don’t read their story lines well before reacting to his deeply informed analysis. He has spoken clearly on restructuring, herdsmen’s menace, insecurity and other issues. People misunderstand him because he will not join the league of naysayers”. – Dr Sikiru Eniola on Ekiti Panupo.

”Thank you so much sir. You have tried your best to give the leaders of today a long opportunity to prove themselves but the failure on their part has become so glaring” – Akaraoogun Adewale Adeoye on Ekiti Panupo.

”Sir. You said I am supporting a Malam Kwankwaso but you failed to mention that Nigerians always read your articles about how a Fulani man is the best leader Nigeria should have. Now the splendid performance is there for Nigerians to see”. –

Tokunbo Omolase on Facebook.

I wrote all the above to show, in unmistakable terms, not just where I stand on the Nigerian political spectrum, but to let President Buhari himself know that in asking what are bound to be thoroughly uncomfortable, if not ‘nauseating’ questions, they are not coming from enemy territory. Rather, they are coming from the tortured soul of a supporter of his, who has been at the receiving end of almost daily flagellation by those Nigerians who say I was one of those who sold them ‘a pig in a poke’ as well as the most tribalistic, and insular, Nigerian president, ever.

Even though, I will not go as far as to describe the president in those lurid terms, I often, in fairness to the critics, personally wonder as to how the president still manages to sleep, that is, if he is able to sleep, when he takes a hard look at how the North has come to so completely dominate the Nigerian public space under his watch to the extent that one would be right to say Nigeria is under a northern stranglehold.

Worse, really, is the fact that this seeming internal colonialism shows no signs of remission as various stratagems are ongoing, an example being the case of the Federal Commission on Nomadic Education, which has failed miserably in its core function given the number of out-of-school children in that part of the country, but is now coyly trying to embed itself in the contentious grazing reserves matter which many have said is aimed at sexing up Nigeria’s demographics in favour of the Fulani.

Mr President, Sir, I belong to many Whatsapp groups apart from individuals with the result that I have up to 1000 entities I receive chats from.

Many from these sources are daily bombarding me, as one of your arch supporters, with questions I haven’t the capacity to answer.

To these I shall return.

Like Dr Junaid Mohammed, US-based Professor Farooq A. Kperogi has in fact gone to the extent of describing your government as ‘Government of Buhari’s Family, by His Family, and for His Family’. He writes further: Before he was sworn in as President in May 2015, Muhammadu Buhari, without prompting from anybody, publicly told his immediate and extended family members to stand back from his incoming government. He even warned that any family member who used his name to peddle influence would face dire consequences”. ”I was so impressed by this declaration that in my May 16, 2015 column titled “6 Reasons Why Incoming Buhari Government Fills Me with Hope,” I isolated it as one of the six reasons I thought Buhari’s administration would “represent a qualitative departure from the legalised banditry that has passed for governance in Nigeria for so long.” Specifically, he continued: “Buhari’s symbolic but nonetheless significant gestures like telling family members to steer clear of his government and telling aides to obey traffic laws inspire me.”

I remember the president saying that and I was beside myself with joy. You could have ridden a horse in my belly. But all those soon dramatically changed that the First Lady had to cry out, protesting what she called a hijack of your government. I thought that was impossible.

Back then to my Whatsapp groups and friends where all that the First Lady complained of, important as they are, pales into almost nothing as the questions these ones raise, are so telling and Pan –

Nigerian; far beyond family.

If His Excellency would kindly overlook the impertinence, could you please get the Presidency – no, not you in person Mr President, to provide answers to the following posers from a younger friend of mine, an Ekiti like me and retired Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Nigeria – a Ph.D holder to boot – who has seen something of the world, but never ceases to taunt me with questions pertaining to ‘our’ administration.

The latest, which came via a Whatsapp chat, goes as follows:

“Oga (Ekiti salutation for elders), these are your latest achievements at the NEXT LEVEL. Any comment?

He didn’t have to repeat the ‘any comment’, as he always, unerringly, got a defence from me whenever he sends me these inquisitorial chats, which is almost daily.

This time around, Your Excellency, I am in a complete fix, and so do need help. Indeed, to taunt me maximally, he wrote that this one is only an observation.

Here they go:

“Finance, Customs, Immigration, FIRS, NPA, NNPC, AMCON, NDIC, Federal Mortgage Bank, are now firmly in the hands of northerners!

Executive, Legislature, the Judiciary, Police, DSS, Armed Forces, minus the CDS, Oil, Airports and Seaports, are all in the hands of northerners.

The rout is complete.

Chief of Army Staff tenure is over. He is still in office

Chief of Naval Staff tenure is over. He is still in office.

EFCC acting Chairman’s tenure is over. He is still in office.

But FIRS boss, Tunde Fowler’s tenure expired today and he is already replaced”.

As I indicated above, I know that the First Lady had once observed that you do not know many of those working in your government, but that notwithstanding, I think it is necessary I remind your Excellency, that Nigeria presently has no less than 250 ethnic groups divided into six geo – political zones . Under no circumstances should all these happen as they are totally unconscionable, and a matter of great discomfort for us your supporters in this part of the country. It is extremely nauseating that a part can so torridly dominate the rest when those others are no slaves.

No genuine supporter of yours can be happy, or roll out the drums, for this state of affairs as they are not only unthinkable, but ungodly. It is even worse, given Nigeria’s current realities of mass poverty, unremitting insecurity, all on top of a seeming northernisation policy, as if the other ethnic groups are non- Nigerians. Unfortunately, Nigerians are not hearing a word from non northern APC leaders as to what negative consequences all these may have on the party come 2023, and one begins to wonder as to how they explain all these to their people. This failure on their part can serve as a mitigating factor for the President, but even then, it would be pointless and unhelpful,

Whatever the president can do to correct these incredible anomalies will be of great help to the party, will mollify the people, and most probably, secure a positive legacy for you.

Otherwise all your positive contributions to Nigeria, at these extremely difficult times, may come to naught, which I pray, God forbid.

RE: THE RULING ON EX-GOVERNORS’ PENSION LAW

“Long time. I don’t miss Nation on Sunday because of your column. God bless SERAP people for the judge’s ruling on ex-governors’ bogus pension package. I believe that all the ex-governors must have met Mr Malami “ in chamber” before he wrote that law- student piece. Mark it, he may not last Pres Buhari’s 4 years. Whatever a man sows he shall reap. By the way, is it not Mr Malami who should have gone to court to challenge NASS N14m & N12m monthly pay? All he will ask is for the court to declare whether NASS pay is reasonable or not in the light of the level of unemployment in Nigeria today and workers’ minimum wage of only N30,000 a month.. A verdict of “unreasonable” is all Nigerians need to march on NASS. May God bless our country..

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/mr-president-what-is-happening/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Brandstudio01: 9:55am On Dec 15, 2019
Good that people are beginning to speak out.
This is on campaign we shouldn't look down on if you truly love the Destiny of your unborn kids

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by lilfreezy: 9:56am On Dec 15, 2019
Has someone hijacked APC's The Nation? For Once, they talk about real thing happening in Nigeria. Tinubu, you can see well now, abi?

The removal of fowler really pained the guy.

172 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by healthserve(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2019
Nah today. Did we not see all this in 2014?

Your Mr. Integrity

Tinubu, see your life outside

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by ETWs: 9:59am On Dec 15, 2019
The Nation is owned by Tinubu

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by id911(m): 9:59am On Dec 15, 2019
Imagine in Customs, the 3 most senior officers were Southerners and the most senior one was from Bayelsa, Buhari left them and went to appoint a retired Army man from the North to head Customs. In National Intelligence Agency, NIA, a Yoruba man had issues, he was removed but rather than appoint the next most senior person, a Northerner who failed promotion exams 3 times and was retired from NIA as a consequence was brought back and is currently heading the NIA. Same thing happened in SSS and a lot of other agencies. Finance Ministry nkor?!

When some of us saw this from the beginning and raised objections, we were told to shut up that Buhari can only work with those he knows and trust. We were called wailers that don't mean well for Nigeria. So, what has suddenly changed? May God punish anyone who would want to now start complaining about Buhari's appointments

271 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Iamgrey5(m): 10:07am On Dec 15, 2019
This is not a The Nations editorial.

The author's name is clearly stated.

This is an op-ed

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by AceRoot(m): 10:09am On Dec 15, 2019
Good Morning to the great Nation of Tinubuland.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Maxymilliano(m): 10:19am On Dec 15, 2019
Congratulations to the Northerners.

Well-done General Buhari for keeping to the principle of Federal Character ...

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Davash222(m): 10:20am On Dec 15, 2019
They will soon remember Tinubu's bullion van saga.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by clarocuzioo(m): 10:32am On Dec 15, 2019
I thought they say age comes with wisdom, but in the case of Tinubu, its obviously obvious it's not.

What we saw since the time we rejected Buhari when he paired with an Igboman, Chuba Okadigbo is what the Nation newspaper and Tinubu are seeing in 2019.

Is this the definition of "sophistication" and building "political bridge"?

Chaiii!!!! Common sense is indeed not common.

What Ojukwu saw even before the Nigerian civil war and started shouting out, fought against it with his father's money, is what a section of the country is coming to see in 2019, all thanks to Major General Muhammadu Buhari.

Indeed Buhari is a brain resetter.

PROUDLY NWA AFOR

One Nigeria indeed.

116 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by ghettokid1(m): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2019
Sense is locating them. Locating........................51%. When sense fully locate them, they will remember their ceo's bullion van saga

31 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by solmusdesigns: 10:38am On Dec 15, 2019
cool

na turn by turn

with the rate Buhari is going, should power change hands omo North go watch film for a long time as everyone now knows how to be self serving

12 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Arexit: 10:55am On Dec 15, 2019
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by plainol(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2019
I don't care now.

We've said all these things, the Tinubu's & others know all these things but because they wanted to package Buhari as Deputy 'Anobi', they shouted and lied to whosoever cared to listen that those complaining are people who corruption fight has affected.

What I'm patiently waiting for is when it's time for 2023 politics and the CPC faction start to deal with the ACN faction, by then, Tinubu will definitely be dealt with.

By then, those complaining will be arrested and slammed with treason and corruption.

This will surely happen.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Glorymax: 11:32am On Dec 15, 2019
The North knows that Nigeria will not remain as a single nation, so the ruling Cabal will employ everything to their advantage as long as it last.
However, they're not achieving this without the collaboration of selfish Southerners. Even the fake constitution we are operating with is not being followed as proscribed, like the federal character pointed out in appointments.
Do Southerners have representatives at the national assembly? The answer is capital no, with respect to few individuals whose voices cannot echo louder to make the required impact. Hence, they have all failed.
In all, I say to my Southern brethren; enjoy your rest and sleep on, it's not yet time to say Good Morning

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by healthserve(m): 11:35am On Dec 15, 2019
clarocuzioo:
I thought they say age comes with wisdom, but in the case of Tinubu, its obviously obvious it's not.

What we saw since the time we rejected Buhari when he paired with an Igboman, Chuba Okadigbo is what the Nation newspaper and Tinubu are seeing in 2019.

What Ojukwu saw even before the Nigerian civil war and started shouting out, fought against it with his father's money, is what a section of the country is coming to see in 2019, all thanks to Major General Muhammadu Buhari.

PROUDLY 5%

One Nigeria indeed.

You've spoke. Well my comrade. You stretched my mind far back I to history when Buhari and Chuba Okadigbo were being presented to us. This was what we all saw o. Ma I, more Grace. You've sparked a thing in me today

44 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by myright: 11:45am On Dec 15, 2019
Iamgrey5:

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by aolawale025: 11:52am On Dec 15, 2019
Now they can see clearly

26 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by nameo: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2019
I have never believed in Buhari Govt cos I know history, and am smart enough to understand precedence.

I have even grown to totally find his Govt disgusting. And the unimaginable failures in terms of Governance is not even amongst the top 2 reasons.

That belongs to the competence of people appointed under this admin and especially to the mind blowing nepotism been actively and deliberately pushed by this President.

Buhari is Nigeria's worst President/Leader. And may God judge those persons that supported and who still support him.

59 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by nameo: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2019
Iamgrey5:

So??

13 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by saaron(m): 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2019
They say; ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
The earlier Nigerians wake up and realize that buhari's regime is a fulani-islamist regime the better.

One Nigeria is a fulani-islamic project.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Nwadiuto247: 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2019
embarassed
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by surgical: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2019
Which corruption is more than this,when you are so greedy to give everything to your self because you are in charge of the sharing,instead of acting in equity and fairness
Major general buhari the greatest scam

40 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Earlystar698(m): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
please I can't like or comments on Instagram....

Let the next level continue so people that don have sense will have it ....

IPOB is singing it like national anthem everyday but una no believe. look at you guys now

41 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Sirjamo: 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2019
Absolute nonsense! Obasanjo was there for 8 years, he did not bring any development worth 1 million dollars to the whole of southern Nigeria. GEJ was there for 6 years, what did he do for us aside the paper sketch of the second Niger bridge?

Buhari might be nepotistic but he has done far more for the south than all the three Presidents that preceded him.

He can pick all his appointees from Daura, I don't care, so long they don't take all developments to the north.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by tunjiajayi: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2019
Mscheeeew
Copy copy generic wailers.

Same story,dfferent language but same bullshit.
Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Mightyhaiz: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2019
clarocuzioo:

PROUDLY 5%

One Nigeria indeed.
u spoilt this sound piece with being proud of a tag coined by a dullard in one of his numerous typical blunders.. I am proudly Eastern,..

I am proudly Igbo!

21 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by olril17(m): 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2019
Nonsense Ipob propaganda- says SW APC zombies.. awon afofungbemu oshi

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2019
gaetano:
“Finance, Customs, Immigration, FIRS, NPA, NNPC, AMCON, NDIC, Federal Mortgage Bank, are now firmly in the hands of northerners!"

When the South East vow not to vote for ruler major general Buhari, many did not understand what they saw.

They called them many unprintable names such as wailers, 5%ters e.t.c now the whole country is wailing

Let's bury the hatchet. No eye service or backbiting! Let's all in one voice call evil by it name.

Until we do, he (Buhari) will keep taking advantage of the situation

At the end, no be only zombies, Tinubu who is now speaking through the back door go suffer am, na everybody!!!

Let's save Nigeria!!!

31 Likes

Re: Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi by olril17(m): 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2019
Sirjamo:
Absolute nonsense! Obasanjo was there for 8 years, he did not bring any development worth 1 million dollars to the whole of southern Nigeria. GEJ was there for 6 years, what did he do for us aside the paper sketch of the second Niger bridge?

Buhari might be nepotistic but he has done far more for the south than all the three Presidents that preceded him.

He can pick all his appointees from Daura, I don't care, so long they don't take all developments to the north.

apooda.

34 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NRC Suspends Train Operations Along Abuja-Kaduna Route Indefinitely / Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom / Lai Mohammed: Twitter Recommendations To Affect Other Social Media Platforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.