Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Landlord Agreement - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Landlord Agreement (2112 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / Our Landlord Says He Fathered My Second Baby, Insists On Naming Him —husband / Wife Surprises Husband After Landlord Stormed Their Home Over House Rent. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Agreement by OGand99others: 8:18am On May 07, 2020
Good day Nairalanders
Please I need an advice
Re: Landlord Agreement by OGand99others: 8:19am On May 07, 2020
Lalasticala
Re: Landlord Agreement by Davash222(m): 8:20am On May 07, 2020
OG wey no get coordination.
Ordinary landlord threat, you don dey create thread. You're a disgrace to all OGs.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Agreement by mabeni(m): 8:27am On May 07, 2020
Pretend as if you got corona virus...he will be scared to come close to you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Agreement by NextD18: 8:27am On May 07, 2020
Davash222:
OG wey no get coordination.
Ordinary landlord threat, you don dey create thread. You're a disgrace to all OGs.
What is he suppose to do?

1 Like

Re: Landlord Agreement by gaby(m): 8:27am On May 07, 2020
Call NCDC or the Lagos State Government on him.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Agreement by Davash222(m): 8:33am On May 07, 2020
NextD18:

What is he suppose to do?
OG with 99 subjects and you're asking what he's suppose to do?
Re: Landlord Agreement by NextD18: 8:34am On May 07, 2020
Davash222:

OG with 99 subjects and you're asking what he's suppose to do?
You are yet to tell us, what's he suppose to do?

3 Likes

Re: Landlord Agreement by SweetCunt97(f): 8:38am On May 07, 2020
All your savings for rent nkor?

I'm a lady and I went through d lockdown without touching 1kobo of my savings. Mind you, no man or father gives me one naira. So people using lockdown as an excuse eh, should sit up.

And people should stop spending anyhow during Christmas and starting all over in January, That Shii is Getting Old abeg.

9 Likes

Re: Landlord Agreement by OGand99others: 8:43am On May 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:

I'm a lady and I went through d lockdown without touching 1kobo of my savings. Mind you, no man or father gives me one naira. So people using lockdown as an excuse eh, should sit up.

And people should stop spending anyhow during Christmas and starting all over in January, That Shii is Getting Old abeg.
Thanks for the blame ma but all I need is advice, I never planned for this

1 Like

Re: Landlord Agreement by Nobody: 9:11am On May 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:

You talk too much. Noone wants to listen to your life history. You Get it??

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landlord Agreement by klenton(m): 9:18am On May 07, 2020
OGand99others:
Thanks for tthe blame ma but all I need is advice, I never plannthis

he cannot throw you out without an order of the court and the court with such jurisdiction which is the magistrate court are not sitting for now
so tell him to give you some time, this corona virus is in law what we call a " force majeure" thats an act of god and it is a defence in law

if he persists tell him to serve you quit notice, which will take more than a year to be heard by and concluded by a court especially this period.

4 Likes

Re: Landlord Agreement by OGand99others: 9:21am On May 07, 2020
thanks bro
klenton:

he cannot throw you out without an order of the court and the court with such jurisdiction which is the magistrate court are not sitting for now
so tell him to give you some time, this corona virus is in law what we call a " force majeure" thats an act of god and it is a defence in law

if he persists tell him to serve you quit notice, which will take more than a year to be heard by and concluded by a court especially this period.
Re: Landlord Agreement by SweetCunt97(f): 9:25am On May 07, 2020
Ninejaywon:

You talk too much. Noone wants to listen to your life history. You Get it??
E dey pain you? There are good financial lessons embedded in d talk bro. Take or leave it. Typical hateful Nigerian who gets defensive when you hitting hard truth home.
Re: Landlord Agreement by SweetCunt97(f): 9:27am On May 07, 2020
OGand99others:
Thanks for the blame ma but all I need is advice, I never planned for this
The landlord is mandated to give 3 months notice first I think.
Re: Landlord Agreement by Nobody: 9:54am On May 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:
E dey pain you? There are good financial lessons embedded in d talk bro. Take or leave it. Typical hateful Nigerian who gets defensive when you hitting hard truth home.

I am telling you to keep quiet. What financial lessons do you have to spill that "we" don't know?

If you are of no assistance, just move on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Agreement by SweetCunt97(f): 10:16am On May 07, 2020
Ninejaywon:

I am telling you to keep quiet. What financial lessons do you have to spill that "we" don't know?

If you are of no assistance, just move on.
You know and still make d mistake? Anyways all d best
Re: Landlord Agreement by Sambai65(m): 12:37pm On May 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:

God bless you my sister

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Agreement by Dtruthspeaker: 12:43pm On May 07, 2020
OGand99others:
thanks bro

The same situation applies to you. The Landlord can throw you out too and there is still no court for you to run to if you go by Klenton's statement.

Negotiate your way out but if you are in serious default, it would not work and you are in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Agreement by Dtruthspeaker: 12:52pm On May 07, 2020
klenton:

This is not a good and fair advice. Every contract Must be abided by. And even if this man-made courts are sleeping, Natural Law is still working and it is in all your man-made laws that they shall apply Natural Law.

Under and By Natural Law, the Landlord is allowed to take his Reasonable Remedy. For it is in Natural Law that it is stated that "Where there is a Right, there Shall be a Remedy"- Ubi jus, ibi remedium
Re: Landlord Agreement by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 07, 2020
OGand99others:
Good day Nairalanders
Please I need an advice, My Landlord is Planning to throw me out because I'm unable to pay my rent.
I'm supposed to pay on the first week of March but this Pandemic couple with hard times in this Country left me confused.
though I pleaded with him to give me a little time to get back to life but he refused and he gave me 3days to vacate or he will forcefully throw me out.

Please I need advice on what to do
You can also reach me 09080774195
Thanks

Note : I reside in ogba lagos
bro you better start coughing.
Show him covid-19 symptoms anytime he comes to you
Re: Landlord Agreement by veave(f): 1:02pm On May 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:

This is not a kind thing to say
Op truthfully me sef don't know what to advise you o.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Agreement by Dtruthspeaker: 1:17pm On May 07, 2020
OGand99others:
Good day Nairalanders
Please I need an advice, My Landlord is Planning to throw me out because I'm unable to pay my rent.
I'm supposed to pay on the first week of March but this Pandemic couple with hard times in this Country left me confused.
though I pleaded with him to give me a little time to get back to life but he refused and he gave me 3days to vacate or he will forcefully throw me out.

Please I need advice on what to do
You can also reach me 09080774195
Thanks

Note : I reside in ogba lagos

Your landlord cannot exercise that right now on the ground of good conscience and fairness.

Because by virtue of lockdown, no income could be earned. So grace must be given to accommodate this special circumstance.

Get a lawyer to write him quickly to stop him.
Re: Landlord Agreement by klenton(m): 1:30pm On May 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

This is not a good and fair advice. Every contract Must be abided by. And even if this man-made courts are sleeping, Natural Law is still working and it is in all your man-made laws that they shall apply Natural Law.

Under and By Natural Law, the Landlord is allowed to take his Reasonable Remedy. For it is in Natural Law that it is stated that "Where there is a Right, there Shall be a Remedy"- Ubi jus, ibi remedium

what exactly are you talking about?? whats natural law, that the man should resort to jungle justice over what??

before you evict someone, you have to give the person 6months notice if its a yearly tenant and 3 months if its a half a yearly tenant And one month notice if its a monthly tenant and thats the law.

what ever you mean by that natural law will never support once someone is owing rent, you just throw away his things outside

its money his owing you, there are ways to recover debt and evict a tenant but none of them permits forcefully evicting the person .

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Agreement by klenton(m): 1:38pm On May 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The same situation applies to you. The Landlord can throw you out too and there is still no court for you to run to if you go by Klenton's statement.

Negotiate your way out but if you are in serious default, it would not work and you are in trouble.

if he throws away his things or forcefully gains entrance into his house, it becomes a criminal matter, its the same thing when someone forcefully breaks into your house and that means involving the police.

no sane landlord will try that as the op can claim for damages or even allege that a huge some of money or valuables he kept somewere in the house was carted away by the invaders

the implication will be disastrous on the landlord if the person knows his right.

bottom line, whether you like it or not is that before a landlord can forcefully evict a tenant he must have obtained an order of the court.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Agreement by Dtruthspeaker: 2:37pm On May 07, 2020
klenton:

what exactly are you talking about?? whats natural law, that the man should resort to jungle justice over what??

before you evict someone, you have to give the person 6months notice if its a yearly tenant and 3 months if its a half a yearly tenant And one month notice if its a monthly tenant and thats the law.

what ever you mean by that natural law will never support once someone is owing rent, you just throw away his things outside

its money his owing you, there are ways to recover debt and evict a tenant but none of them permits forcefully evicting the person .

To do a wrong is not allowed by Natural Law and it is Natural Law who says "It Does No Wrong". For it would not do a wrong and never do so.

If you remember the essence and the direction of given those notices in the first place was to forestall the wrongs and wickedness which landlord's wrongfully visited upon tenants, an act of which was and is Condemned by Natural Law even before it was so enacted by man.

In renewable contracts it is the dictate of Natural Law that Reasonable Notice must be given to either parties of the contract, most especially the one who shall suffer because of the failure to give such Notice.

Natural Law always supports Good Reasoning and Good Conscience hence "he who wants Fairness (equity), Must Do Fairness (equity)//He who comes for Fairness (equity), Must come with Clean Hands//Equality is Fairness (equity)

and Fairness Always means balance! So where is the balance in holding for One to the Injust Is, of the other. There Must Always be Just Is- Balance
Re: Landlord Agreement by Dtruthspeaker: 2:44pm On May 07, 2020
klenton:

if he throws away his things or forcefully gains entrance into his house, it becomes a criminal matter, its the same thing when someone forcefully breaks into your house and that means involving the police.

no sane landlord will try that as the op can claim for damages or even allege that a huge some of money or valuables he kept somewere in the house was carted away by the invaders

the implication will be disastrous on the landlord if the person knows his right.

bottom line, whether you like it or not is that before a landlord can forcefully evict a tenant he must have obtained an order of the court.

All rights fail when you are in the wrong and you have still not removed yourself from the wrong.

Natural Law does not allow the doing of any wrong. And all landlord's must note that you do not use a wrong to correct or remedy a wrong, only Rightness can do that.

Darkness does not cure darkness, only Light can do that
Re: Landlord Agreement by klenton(m): 3:12pm On May 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

All rights fail when you are in the wrong and you have still not removed yourself from the wrong.

Natural Law does not allow the doing of any wrong. And all landlord's must note that you do not use a wrong to correct or remedy a wrong, only Rightness can do that.

Darkness does not cure darkness, only Light can do that

Bro, honestly i cant even understand anything your saying

sorry, but you sound like a lunatic.

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Agreement by Dtruthspeaker: 4:03pm On May 07, 2020
klenton:

Bro, honestly i cant even understand anything your saying

sorry, but you sound like a lunatic.

Sorry too, my brother, I understand and know that wisdom is a very hard thing.
Re: Landlord Agreement by Jaysleeves(m): 5:31pm On May 07, 2020
In long run you all only succeeded in confusing OP more....OP go and beg your landlord/lady oo.. na naija you dey, if them throw you out there's absolutely nothing you can do, and Nairalanders won't be of much help to you either. Better go find a common ground with your landlord/lady.
Re: Landlord Agreement by Mizwisdom(f): 5:54pm On May 07, 2020
OGand99others:
thanks bro

If your rent has expired you're no longer a legal tenant, you're illegally occupying his house so which type of quit notice is that fellow asking you to request for? do you think your Landlord is stupid? my advice is to go and plead for one extra month, pray to find favor before making your request known to him. Don't drag with him over the issue, most times house owners will listen to a polite request. But if you want to drag, he will be ready to drag with you and if you like yourself you shouldn't let it get to that. Good luck

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Barely Cooked For Me But She Was Hailing Hilda / When Was The Last Time You Took This Cereal? / With High Cost Of Petrol, You Need This !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.