Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model (1554 Views)

The Face Off: Tesla Model S P90d Vs Lamborghini Aventador Lp700-4 Race Battle / Ladi Kwali;the Face Behind The 20naira Note.(pix) / How Nigerian Student Change The Face Of Nigeria Entertainment In Cyprus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by Kemjisuper(m): 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2007
Hello there,
It's a new day, with a new fun challenge for all graphic enthusiasts, gurus, rookies and admirers alike.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Download or save the model face below.

2. Use any available graphics software to give the model some interesting facial features to make it look as realistic as possible. This may include Hair, Accessories, Background etc. just push your creativity to the limits.

3. Upload your finished model for everyone to view and admire.

RULES:
1. You must use only the downloaded model face for your modification.

2. You must obey rule number 1.

After all said and done, we'll find out who has the most interesting group of concepts and finest, most realistic work.

Cheers

Re: Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by Kemjisuper(m): 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2007
My first attempt - Nice clean cut hair with a nice trim goatie

Let's see some better ideas. Cheers

Re: Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by Kemjisuper(m): 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2007
And here's another impression. Any comments or contributions from anyone?

Re: Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by grafikdon: 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2007
I think the resolution of that picture is too low for any manipulation. Do you have a larger version of the image?
Re: Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by Kemjisuper(m): 8:13am On Jun 11, 2007
grafikdon:

I think the resolution of that picture is too low for any manipulation. Do you have a larger version of the image?

I agree the resolution is a bit low, but that doesn't make it impossible to add features to it. (See the few I've attempted with the same image). It's all dependent on the software or tools you use as well as skill.

Anyways, I'll make an attempt to post a higher resolution version later on. Cheers

Re: Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by grafikdon: 8:48am On Jun 11, 2007
Well, I disagree, if I am going to add a meaningful modification, I am gonna need an image with better quality (Larger) otherwise whatever I did no matter how good will be lacking in clarity.
Re: Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by Kemjisuper(m): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2007
grafikdon:

Well, I disagree, if I am going to add a meaningful modification, I am going to need an image with better quality (Larger) otherwise whatever I did no matter how good will be lacking in clarity.

You had better not disagree. If you're a good graphics person, you should be able to work with all kinds of resolutions. Sometimes you may even be required to fix a bad picture cos you're a professional. Don't give excuses, it's either you can do it, or you cant. If you're willing to learn, just ask. I've posted some examples to show you it's not impossible too.

So, don't discourage others. I'll post some more samples with time.

Cheers
Re: Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by grafikdon: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2007
Kemjisuper:

You had better not disagree. If you're a good graphics person, you should be able to work with all kinds of resolutions. Sometimes you may even be required to fix a bad picture because you're a professional.

Nope, it has nothing to do with being good . Note that I used the term "Meaningful'' which means yes, I can work with that but it won't be ''meaningful'' there won't be clarity of details since I wouldn't like to do anything crappy.

Kemjisuper:
Don't give excuses, it's either you can do it, or you can't. If you're willing to learn, just ask.

You're kidding me, right?

Kemjisuper:
I've posted some examples to show you it's not impossible too.

I never used the term 'impossible'. Since this is not a do or die affair, I'd request a larger image with better quality. C'mon man, am I really asking the impossible?

Kemjisuper:
So, don't discourage others. I'll post some more samples with time.

Cheers

Nah, I ain't trying to discourage nobody, this is only applicable to me and I was just voicing my Humble Opinion.

Be Cool

smiley
Re: Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by Kemjisuper(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2007
wink My man, I'm not saying you're not good or anything. Hell I've seen your stuff on the toons forum and all, it's real tight! But right here and now, I'm more concerned about sticking to specs and giving everyone a level playing field. I had good reasons for posting rule no. 1. If I can do interesting things with lower resolution images, I don't see why anyone else shouldn't give it a try. I'm not looking for high quality multi megapixel designs. I'm not saying I cant do those too. I need just plain and simple creativity this time for the fun of it.

Hell If one of us can turn that model into a female face with the necessary features, I'll be dipped-in-shit-an'-rolled-in-breadcrumbs with joy. Thats all I ask.

The next topic I'll post will have provisions for EXTREME GRAPHICS you'll see wonders then.

lipsrsealedPS: I didn't mean half the things I said in my last post like you willing to learn or you being a discouragement to others - sorry about that.

Cheers
Re: Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by Kemjisuper(m): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2007
Here's my own conversion to a female face. Did I do ok?

Re: Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by grafikdon: 10:59am On Jun 13, 2007
LOL. . . not bad, interesting makeover, but he kinda looks like a faggie.
Re: Graphic Makeover Competition: Modify The Face Model by Kemjisuper(m): 4:35pm On Jun 16, 2007
Animated summary of the transformation process.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Video & Animation Tutorials / Icstudios Is Looking For New Blood / A Simple Tutorial For Newbies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.