Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? (1376 Views)

Igbos Won’t Produce Nigeria’s President Through “Nzogbu Nzogbu” Politics -Soludo / ACN Block Should Produce The President -buhari / 2023: Shekarau Says The South Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by Unik3030: 5:02pm On May 07, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
I laught at the Mgbanti Mgbanti people hoping that the Presidency will come to their region.

Obviously, the average Igbo man cares less about what happens in Nigeria politics anymore with 70% of them listening to Nnamdi Kanu on the issue of referendum.

That makes the Presidency a Northern and Western affair. I have one question.

HOW DO THE WESTERNERS PLAN TO WIN THE NORTH WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF THE IGBOS AND NIGER DELTANS?
hope u understand that Igbos are inconsequential in the scheme of things n Buhari made it clear that I are 5%.

SS are waking up to d attache by force mentality of the Igbos n it's obvious it's easier to carry a SS person along than an Igbo man,so Yorubas can hv presidency while northerners have vice n SS tag along with senate President,Igbos can go to hell n stay there forever.

b4 u bring your argument up about a northerner again,check d leadership pattern from 1999 n u will realise that once a northerner is in d first two no problem

obj/Atiku....... northerner involved
Yar'Adua/Jonathan...... northerner involved
Jonathan/Sambo....... northerner involved
buhari/osinbajo....... northerner involved
osinbajo/el Rufai-northerner still involved

so can u see there are precedents n it has worked so it will definitely work again

there's is nothing like Yorubas being slaves or cowards. it's called adaptation n common sense cos northerners have a large say n they can only b sidelined if the south unite but an average Igbo man sees a Yoruba man as his worst enemy so we have no choice than to flow with the tide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by AngryIgboMan: 5:32pm On May 07, 2020
Unik3030:
hope u understand that Igbos are inconsequential in the scheme of things n Buhari made it clear that I are 5%.

SS are waking up to d attache by force mentality of the Igbos n it's obvious it's easier to carry a SS person along than an Igbo man,so Yorubas can hv presidency while northerners have vice n SS tag along with senate President,Igbos can go to hell n stay there forever.

b4 u bring your argument up about a northerner again,check d leadership pattern from 1999 n u will realise that once a northerner is in d first two no problem

so can u see there are precedents n it has worked so it will definitely work again

there's is nothing like Yorubas being slaves or cowards. it's called adaptation n common sense cos northerners have a large say n they can only b sidelined if the south unite but an average Igbo man sees a Yoruba man as his worst enemy so we have no choice than to flow with the tide

I don't quote random things I meet on Internet. Check my history.

But I have to quote you for posterity.

You people will learn the hard bitter way come 2023. I will remind you about this. Thats why am quoting you.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by gidgiddy: 5:42pm On May 07, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
I laught at the Mgbanti Mgbanti people hoping that the Presidency will come to their region.

Obviously, the average Igbo man cares less about what happens in Nigeria politics anymore with 70% of them listening to Nnamdi Kanu on the issue of referendum.

That makes the Presidency a Northern and Western affair. I have one question.

HOW DO THE WESTERNERS PLAN TO WIN THE NORTH WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF THE IGBOS AND NIGER DELTANS?

I think the SW are hoping that Northerners will support a Presidential aspirant from the SW as they already know that SE/SS are not likely to.
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by gidgiddy: 5:49pm On May 07, 2020
Unik3030:

Let me understand where you are coming from. So when Obasanjo was there for 8 years, the SS voted him twice. But when GEJ was to go for his second term, the SW suddenly remembered 'change'.

Now the the same 'SS' should forget the SW that cheated them out of a second term and support someone from that area? For Senate Presidency?

You guys make me laugh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

I think the SW are hoping that Northerners will support a Presidential aspirant from the SW as they already know that SE/SS are not likely to.

We are not hoping the North will support a candidate from the SW. We know they will.

1 Like

Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by gidgiddy: 5:52pm On May 07, 2020
Grayoso:

We are not hoping the North will support a candidate from the SW. We know they will.

Thats not the message we getting out of the North such as what the Northern Elders Forum or ACF have said.

If anything, Northerners are getting ready for another Northerner to continue in 2023

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by LegendHero(m): 5:57pm On May 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

Let me understand where you are coming from. So when Obasanjo was there for 8 years, the SS voted him twice. But when GEJ was to go for his second term, the SW suddenly remembered 'change'.

Now the the same 'SS' should forget the SW that cheated them out of a second term and support someone from that area? For Senate Presidency?

You guys make me laugh.

Have you check the voting pattern of SS in the 2019 elections? Do you know Buhari got 33% of the votes in the SS?

Buhari defeated their son and coupled with the usual Islamic and tribalist tag on him, he was still able to get 33% of the votes from the SS people. What does that tells you?

It mean the SS don’t play a politics of hate. They have moved past Jonathan defeat and the only people still drunk of that defeat are majorly the Igbos.

Check past election since 1979, the people that we come to know as SS now have always given Yorubas between 30-40% of their votes, infact they most times give Awolowo more votes than Azikwe.

What does that tells you again, it tells you there is no animosity between the Yoruba and the several tribes in the SS.

We voted Jonathan in 2011 even when the ACN are the major party in the SW. Even in 2015, Jonathan was able to get at least 45% of the votes in the SW. That tells you not all Yorubas oppose Jonathan in 2015.

Hear this, if the PDP field a Muslim Northerner again in 2023, a Christian Yoruba (Osinbajo) will get nothing less than 35-40% of the votes in the SS. Write it down.

The only problem about that will be if an Igbo man is on the ballot as presidential candidate in 2023, then I think the SS will vote majorly for an Igbo candidate with at least 70-75% votes in 2023.
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by Balyz: 6:04pm On May 07, 2020
The north should produce the next president
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by ificatchmodeh: 6:07pm On May 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

Thats not the message we getting out of the North such as what the Northern Elders Forum or ACF have said.

If anything, Northerners are getting ready for another Northerner to continue in 2023

Some northerners... wish osibanjo presidency... but are in minority.

Majority are hoping north will retain power...

if Apc gives a Yoruba man ticket.... based on agreement.

pdp gives it to north....Igbo Vice.. or any of the southern minorities

Is all game...

Agreement is honored...
Power is retained.

But majority in here wants power retain.... but the honest truth they are facing ... is who’s the northerner that they will follow?

A younger and intelligent nepotist... just like Buhari.
And they’re considering lots of options..

As for igbos...
They should forget 2023....
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by yommen: 6:35pm On May 07, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
The South East should have produced the next president come 2023. But honestly I don't see that happening with the way things are. I see Tinubu becoming president in 2023.

The South East don't count themselves as part of Nigeria and therefore automatically do not stand a chance. They make more noise than act reasonably. As for Tinubu, I reject him in the name of anything being available to call. Osibanjo is a better bet. He'll move Nigeria forward.
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by ificatchmodeh: 6:38pm On May 07, 2020
LegendHero:

Have you check the voting pattern of SS in the 2019 elections? Do you know Buhari got 33% of the votes in the SS?

Buhari defeated their son and coupled with the usual Islamic and tribalist tag on him, he was still able to get 33% of the votes from the SS people. What does that tells you?

It mean the SS don’t play a politics of hate. They have moved past Jonathan defeat and the only people still drunk of that defeat are majorly the Igbos.

Check past election since 1979, the people that we come to know as SS now have always given Yorubas between 30-40% of their votes, infact they most times give Awolowo more votes than Azikwe.

What does that tells you again, it tells you there is no animosity between the Yoruba and the several tribes in the SS.

We voted Jonathan in 2011 even when the ACN are the major party in the SW. Even in 2015, Jonathan was able to get at least 45% of the votes in the SW. That tells you not all Yorubas oppose Jonathan in 2015.

Hear this, if the PDP field a Muslim Northerner again in 2023, a Christian Yoruba (Osinbajo) will get nothing less than 35-40% of the votes in the SS. Write it down.

The only problem about that will be if an Igbo man is on the ballot as presidential candidate in 2023, then I think the SS will vote majorly for an Igbo candidate with at least 70-75% votes in 2023.

You know nothing...

Typical Yoruba analysts.

Apc suppress votes in south, east and rig election..

Southernerns did vote Gej because they accuse gej of doing nothing for ... gej is from the very minority..
without home support..the south believe then that alignment with the north have always favored them...
Even wen Jonathan was sti President.. majority of ijaws and other minorities were already looting for Atiku..

Go to south any where .. maybe except delta south and mention Yoruba President..
why Tinubu no go bayelsa campaign for election.. I remember telling you.. if Tinubu enter bayelsa Apc wil lose outrightly..

Every southerner can conveniently vote an hausa Fulani.. but not Yoruba man..
Yoruba leaves among us and we know their behavior
Doubt it ... enter riVers bayelsa cross riVers akwaibom ..
I remember Tinubu entering like a king in uyo.. wht happened.. akpabio became irrelevant in uyo till date..

Una go Dey propagate Yoruba analysis everywhere

Same you boast in 2018 here on nairaland how Apc will win akwaibom or divide vote .. win cross riVers...
And share pdp votes in riVers.. today Apc is expel in south.. and the few in N/A will be cleared

Let that Hausa and that Yoruba man contest .. make your eyes open

North central ain’t welcoming Yoruba people even tho .. Yoruba get unit ..
Igala man, ebira , Nupe and majority tribes will go with an hausa man .. before a Yoruba

Kaduna.. obviously won’t go with Yoruba.. Northern kaduna will go with Hausa.. southern kaduna would like to go with a Christian .. but if it’s osibanjo or any Yoruba they will stick to Hausa or pdp

Even the Yoruba nation is will be divided as usual..

Apc succeed in 2015 because of Buhari and 2019 because of him...

The game has changed....

It’s.a very tall order for the Yoruba people to govern Nigeria again .. same thing you Yoruba are always wishing igbos .. is same thing the whole country is wishing Yoruba people except minorities

The problem is that Yoruba don’t travel... una dey stay Yoruba land the type jargon based on wetin una feel

Even today Nigerian know that Yoruba people have been cornered out of the present government and its not rosy for them..
Kyari played the game so well.. and the next human will continue against Yoruba

Won’t mind an osibanjo presidency.. but as it stand now..

North are presently concluding plans to que behind one of their own.. just they’ve not concluded on it... lots of options are on the table

The have the voting power.. is just to look outside yorubaland and every body que in..

Even now .. Yoruba don’t have a sellable candidate
Guess you know that.
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by Unik3030: 6:42pm On May 07, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

I don't quote random things I meet on Internet. Check my history.

But I have to quote you for posterity.

You people will learn the hard bitter way come 2023. I will remind you about this. Thats why am quoting you.
so u are insinuating that of all regions,it is an Igbo man that hates everyone that we will vote...so for your mind u think d Average northerner is blind to several attack on d person of buhari abi?

What have d Igbos done to deserve presidency?
so Tinubu m osinbajo that are investing all they have will have nothing but an hater will have everything.well done

1 Like

Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by Unik3030: 6:46pm On May 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

You guys make me laugh.
u are an Igbo man so your opinion is inconsequential,bloody 5%.
When it's time u will know d average SS person is reasonable,u Igbos are d forbidden child of Nigeria that nobody wants to have anything to do with n u know that for sure so u are looking for every possible means to rope SS into your misery.
when it's time, your eye go clear

1 Like

Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by gidgiddy: 6:53pm On May 07, 2020
LegendHero:

I dont see how any Yoruba man has any chance at winning the Presidency. I think that in 2023, PDP will field a Northerner, may be Atiku. Should APC field a Yoruba man like Osibanjo or Tinubu then their only chance is to rely on the North

The reason APC has such massive support in the North is Buhari. In 2023, there will be no Buhari and the North will go shopping for another candidate.

To win the Presidency, one must will most votes as well as spread. That means that a person must carry at aleast 3 or more geopolitical zones to win

Neither Osibanjo nor Tinubu has any hope of carrying the SS/SE. That leaves them with just the SW and the North.

Now why would the average Northerner vote a Yoruba man when he could vote for a fellow Northerner and carry on?

SW has no chance of producing the president in 2023 and beyond
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by gidgiddy: 6:59pm On May 07, 2020
Unik3030:
u are an Igbo man so your opinion is inconsequential,bloody 5%.
When it's time u will know d average SS person is reasonable,u Igbos are d forbidden child of Nigeria that nobody wants to have anything to do with n u know that for sure so u are looking for every possible means to rope SS into your misery.
when it's time, your eye go clear

Yeah, the SS will be reasonable and forget how the SW helped push GEJ out of a second term then vote massively for the same SW to get what will be their third term after 8 years of Obasanjo?

Lol
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:02pm On May 07, 2020
yommen:

The South East don't count themselves as part of Nigeria and therefore automatically do not stand a chance. They make more noise than act reasonably. As for Tinubu, I reject him in the name of anything being available to call. Osibanjo is a better bet. He'll move Nigeria forward.

But Osibanjo is already the VP. Do u think he will be allowed to president again after his 8 years tenure as VP?? Are they not other politicians on ground??. Let's say Fashola should go for the job then.
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by gidgiddy: 7:08pm On May 07, 2020
ificatchmodeh:

Some northerners... wish osibanjo presidency... but are in minority.

Majority are hoping north will retain power...

if Apc gives a Yoruba man ticket.... based on agreement.

pdp gives it to north....Igbo Vice.. or any of the southern minorities

Is all game...

Agreement is honored...
Power is retained.

But majority in here wants power retain.... but the honest truth they are facing ... is who’s the northerner that they will follow?

A younger and intelligent nepotist... just like Buhari.
And they’re considering lots of options..

As for igbos...
They should forget 2023....

Chances are that if PDP fields Atiku in 2023, and APC fields Osibanjo or Tinubu or anyone frim the SW, the North will vote massively for Atiku to keep power in the North
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by ificatchmodeh: 7:17pm On May 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

Chances are that if PDP fields Atiku in 2023, and APC fields Osibanjo or Tinubu or anyone frim the SW, the North will vote massively for Atiku to keep power in the North

Atiku is still be considered and has better chance than Osibanjo...

Lot of Northerns are being considered....
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by Unik3030: 7:18pm On May 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

Yeah, the SS will be reasonable and forget how the SW helped push GEJ out of a second term then vote massively for the same SW to get what will be their third term after 8 years of Obasanjo?

Lol
are u a SS person?y are u crying more than the bereaved?

face your hate filled tribe that nobody cares about n leave SS,don't b surprised wike your adopted son will cross to APC b4 d next election

1 Like

Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 07, 2020
Believe me APC will not win 2023 presidential elections, Yoruba's ,if you putting your hope on APC sorry...do you know that the Northern Politicians are already realigning with PDP, did you notice that PDP won more states in the north in 2019,...Northerners knows that APC will die a natural death come 2023 because Buhari cares less about the party....Last Last, Another party will emerge through PDP( they will merge with like minds ), present a Northern Candidate( probably North Central ) and will the election. Mark this.
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by LegendHero(m): 7:21pm On May 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

I dont see how any Yoruba man has any chance at winning the Presidency. I think that in 2023, PDP will field a Northerner, may be Atiku. Should APC field a Yoruba man like Osibanjo or Tinubu then their only chance is to rely on the North

The reason APC has such massive support in the North is Buhari. In 2023, there will be no Buhari and the North will go shopping for another candidate.

To win the Presidency, one must will most votes as well as spread. That means that a person must carry at aleast 3 or more geopolitical zones to win

Neither Osibanjo nor Tinubu has any hope of carrying the SS/SE. That leaves them with just the SW and the North.

Now why would the average Northerner vote a Yoruba man when he could vote for a fellow Northerner and carry on?

SW has no chance of producing the president in 2023 and beyond

Observation:
A Yoruba just need to get 35% of the SS vote and that’s what’s needed from there. I’m pretty sure an Osinbajo will get that against Atiku coz a lot of things will be the determinant. It will be about allying with the right people coz people like Wike will be interested in the ticket too and giving it to Atiku will create a lot of rancor within the PDP itself. So don’t think they will all vote 90% for the Atiku.

I am very sure the North will not contest in 2023 in both parties. No matter how much you spin it, I can’t see them contesting.

However if they will contest, let’s just give a lil summary.

North is divided into 3 zone right? NC, NE, and NW.

NC - This zone could swing to anyone coz their historical trends reflect that they vote 50/50 for both parties irrespective of candidate. They have Christians domiciled here and I’m pretty sure with all they are facing currently they will prefer a Christian Osinbajo to Atiku. Don’t also forget we have Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi.

NE -This is Atiku zone and I will expect him to win the zone normally.

NW - The Yorubas will not play politics of hate with the North but rather we will seek alliance. The North are not that power hungry because most of you guys are judging them using the military era.

Osinbajo has some credibility already in the North and picking an El-Rufai vice will give him more boost in the North West. El-Rufai is held in high esteem over there and people still see Atiku as a corrupt fellow and that will rub on him. In as much as APC remains united towards the 2023 election then they will defeat PDP because election most times is about party sometimes.

If Buhari chose to support Osinbajo in 2023 then that will give him a major boost. I don’t see why Buhari will oppose Osinbajo in 2023 in APC and support an Atiku in PDP.

You Igbos have been the spokesperson of the North in recent times, you’ve been the ones shouting North won’t support Yorubas like you are their slaves. Why is a majority tribe behaving like sissies and hiding under North to get back at the Yorubas?

Don’t you think it will be a worthy cause for the Igbos to start strategizing too and building alliance for 2023. There is time for the Igbos to mend relation and build alliance. Get down to business.
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by VaselineCrew: 7:25pm On May 07, 2020
Na wa for Uuuna!

How about for once in our lives we vote for the best candidate devoid of party and tribe?

Is that such a bad idea?

Or maybe you guys haven’t suffered enough, just maybe!
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

Ok we shall see. You lot talk and beat chest non-stop. Yorubas act.
Re: Which Region Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President In 2023? by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 07, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Na wa for Uuuna!

How about for once in our lives we vote for the best candidate devoid of party and tribe?

Is that such a bad idea?

Or maybe you guys haven’t suffered enough, just maybe!

Direct that talk to the hateful Igbos who have sworn to vote a Northerner, however worthless, and even if Yahaya Bello, as long as that prevents a Yoruba becoming President.

You don't reason with those sort of people or seek their support. You simply find a way to defeat them. And that is what Yorubas are doing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

George Floyd's Murder: What Northern Nigerians Must Learn From It / Guess Who Is Number 22 On Pdp's All Powerful Edo Campaign Council / My First Experience - Police Brutality, Terrorism And Human Right Violation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.