Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

6 Vital Investment Lessons I've Learnt From Covid-19. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 6 Vital Investment Lessons I've Learnt From Covid-19. (764 Views)

Investment Lessons For Newbies (what Kind Of Stocks Should I Buy?) / Investment Lessons We Can All Learn From The Old Guard / 10 Real Estate Investment Lessons To Learn From Banky W. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Vital Investment Lessons I've Learnt From Covid-19. by Eunetmoi(f): 12:58pm On May 07, 2020
Covid-19 came upon the world unprepared and it is changing our lifestyle forever. This pandemic for me, is an eye-opener and has taught me some essential lessons from investment to other areas of life, and I'd like to share some with you quickly.

1) You matter not the building: It is not new how much we love to invest in our business arena for comfy sake and attractiveness lipsrsealed. We believe it is the first point of contact and our client assesses first based on that. Covid on the otherhand, has made it clear that your ability as a being is what really matters in the actual sense. How many deals have we striked via online meetings not being able to go to our workplace building? In the same vein, we've not being in church/mosque buildings for a few months now, yet we still access God. How much value do you place on yourself?

2) Some investments opportunities fail when you need them the most: A big sorry to the stock market at this time. How worse will it be if we need stay home for a full year? undecided I could remember all the motivational rah-rah's back then, like you have to invest in bonds, stocks, etc. So, they really can't even save you in crisis? Wow!

3) Money you spend on party things are enough to progress your destiny financially: But for the lockdown, you know how many party clothes, bags, shoes, etc you'd have "invested" in. Have you tried to count the transport fare too and all other frivolities? It's not that we should live a everyday boring life, but some cuts will be fine.

4) Have you invested in any online moneymaking venture? That's the new normal: "If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die" - Warren Buffet. If your smartphone does not make you money, then it's a dull/dumb phone. If all you do from Facebook to twitter to Instagram... is to chase clout, seek useless attention then sorry. There are so many write-ups and videos on ways to make money online. I'll attach a screenshot from google to this post. If you cannot code/programme, can't design graphics, can't blog, you should be able to vlog, network market, invest in cryptocurrency or just find your way to be financially safe in the online space.

5) One source is unsafe, two is fairly safe, multiple is the safest: So many have adviced to put all of one's eggs in one basket for FOCUS sake, but what if the basket catches fire, is hitted/crushed by a vehicle, etc? You'll become egg-less? You can simply attach other sources of income that requires less time to your present source.

6) Food everly remains ultimate, agricultural investment is the bomb: Whether you are rich or poor, you must get something to eat to sustain survival. Animal or human, you must eat. You can do without data sub, but not so with food. Just two pair of clothes, can cover you for up to a year, not so with food. If your hunger level worsens, you won't hesitate to sell all your valuables at the cheapest price. If you can invest in agricultural science, then HAPPY EARNING.

Thanks for reading through. I hope you pick a lesson or two from this as well. #staysafe. Ciao!

1 Like

Re: 6 Vital Investment Lessons I've Learnt From Covid-19. by Lordjiggs09(m): 1:01pm On May 07, 2020
Well said.
Re: 6 Vital Investment Lessons I've Learnt From Covid-19. by Eunetmoi(f): 6:28pm On May 07, 2020
Lordjiggs09:
Well said.

Thanks wink
Re: 6 Vital Investment Lessons I've Learnt From Covid-19. by ecolime(m): 7:23pm On May 07, 2020
Nice write-up
Re: 6 Vital Investment Lessons I've Learnt From Covid-19. by Trades07: 7:45pm On May 07, 2020
I hope many learn from this. Nice info OP. PRICELESS
Re: 6 Vital Investment Lessons I've Learnt From Covid-19. by doggedfighter(f): 8:02pm On May 07, 2020
Insightful
Re: 6 Vital Investment Lessons I've Learnt From Covid-19. by Eunetmoi(f): 2:02am On May 09, 2020
ecolime:
Nice write-up

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 6 Vital Investment Lessons I've Learnt From Covid-19. by Eunetmoi(f): 2:03am On May 09, 2020
Trades07:
I hope many learn from this. Nice info OP.
PRICELESS

Thank you cheesy
Re: 6 Vital Investment Lessons I've Learnt From Covid-19. by Eunetmoi(f): 2:04am On May 09, 2020
doggedfighter:
Insightful

shocked

(1) (Reply)

Quality Senator Men's Wear At Affordable Price / Olu Jacob Pays Her Wife A Surprise Visit On A Movie Set: Pictures & Video / Don't Buy BTC High Rate And Pay High Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.