Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Please Advise Me! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Advise Me! (275 Views)

My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. / Losing My Mind Please Advise Me / How Do I Get My Certificate Or My Money Back, Please Advise Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me! by Genesiszero: 10:01am On May 08, 2020
Hello friends, I'm a bit confused about myself!

I'm a student in one of the country's university.

I've been coding right from the age of sixteen, I love computers very much. I applied computer science but was given mathematics. Having stayed at home for quite some times, so I decided to just go with the hope of changing back to computer science my dream course.

I'm currently in 200lv I've been to so many offices in the admin to meet people who might help me to switch over but it seems as if not having anybody in these country is a problem.

I struggle so hard to read even though I'm not good with maths and I made 3.83 CGPA after my first year with no Carry over. I feel so dejected and not happy, I needed my dream course.

We did series of programing languages like Python, latex, mathlab, c++ and c and I was so happy for I feel at least doing what I love, since I've been writing codes in these language I feel as if its a revision for me, my friends were finding it difficult as some of them don't even know what a programming language is, I took both my maths course mates and computer science students tutorial.

I want to change since it's my initial plan to switch both I've not gotten anyone to help unlike some schools where you can apply for a change of course.

These is my passion and what I love, I'm gifted with computers, I've written series of projects even while I was still struggling for admission.

Pls help me and advice me on what to do.....and can one Have Bsc mathematics and do masters in computer science

They say computer science is same as maths but I disagree because computer programming is a logical maths unlike the real maths where you solve only x and y and it's only ends in the board with no real life application.

The world is going digital and IT is the real deal. Can a maths graduate have the same career prospect as computer science graduate
Re: Please Advise Me! by cjeriia: 12:42pm On May 08, 2020
Stick to Maths bro. You will thank me later.
Re: Please Advise Me! by Eniolakiite(f): 12:49pm On May 08, 2020
You can go for a masters in computer science especially abroad.

Genesiszero:
Hello friends, I'm a bit confused about myself!

I'm a student in one of the country's university.

I've been coding right from the age of sixteen, I love computers very much. I applied computer science but was given mathematics. Having stayed at home for quite some times, so I decided to just go with the hope of changing back to computer science my dream course.

I'm currently in 200lv I've been to so many offices in the admin to meet people who might help me to switch over but it seems as if not having anybody in these country is a problem.

I struggle so hard to read even though I'm not good with maths and I made 3.83 CGPA after my first year with no Carry over. I feel so dejected and not happy, I needed my dream course.

We did series of programing languages like Python, latex, mathlab, c++ and c and I was so happy for I feel at least doing what I love, since I've been writing codes in these language I feel as if its a revision for me, my friends were finding it difficult as some of them don't even know what a programming language is, I took both my maths course mates and computer science students tutorial.

I want to change since it's my initial plan to switch both I've not gotten anyone to help unlike some schools where you can apply for a change of course.

These is my passion and what I love, I'm gifted with computers, I've written series of projects even while I was still struggling for admission.

Pls help me and advice me on what to do.....and can one Have Bsc mathematics and do masters in computer science

They say computer science is same as maths but I disagree because computer programming is a logical maths unlike the real maths where you solve only x and y and it's only ends in the board with no real life application.

The world is going digital and IT is the real deal. Can a maths graduate have the same career prospect as computer science graduate

Re: Please Advise Me! by Genesiszero: 5:48pm On May 09, 2020
Eniolakiite:
You can go for a masters in computer science especially abroad.

Thanks man!
Re: Please Advise Me! by Eniolakiite(f): 6:10pm On May 09, 2020
I’m a woman

Genesiszero:

Thanks man!
Re: Please Advise Me! by Genesiszero: 11:57am On May 10, 2020
Eniolakiite:
I’m a woman

Sorry ma'am........ I never knew!

(1) (Reply)

Discipline Meaning In Education And Education Project Topics / Opinion: Waec Students To Be Allowed To Come Out And Write Their Exams During Th / NOUN Releases 2020_1 Semester Online Exam Application Form [download In PDF]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.