Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC (807 Views)

"Send Metuh Back To Prison" — EFCC Appeals To Supreme Court / BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair / BREAKING: We Have Arrested Killers Of Ex-chief Of Defence Staff, Badeh – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by sexyYBMB: 2:30pm On May 08, 2020
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has vowed to re-arrest and send the former Governor Orji Kalu back to prison immediately.

The EFCC said this in a statement by its Spokesman, Dele Oyewale, on Friday, while reacting to a judgment by the Supreme Court.

The apex court had upturned Kalu’s conviction and ordered a fresh trial, adding that the trial judge, Justice Mohammed Idris, was not competent to hear Kanu’s case since he had been elevated to the Court of Appeal.

The statement read in part, “The apex court based its verdict on the grounds that Justice Mohammed Idris, who convicted Kalu and others had been elevated to the Court of Appeal before the judgment and returned to the lower court to deliver the judgment which it considered as illegal.

“The EFCC considers the judgment of the apex court as quite unfortunate. It is a technical ambush against the trial of the former governor.  The commission is prepared for a fresh and immediate trial of the case because its evidences against Kalu and others are overwhelming.

“The corruption charges against Kalu still subsist because the Supreme Court did not acquit him of them.

The entire prosecutorial machinery of the EFCC would be launched in a fresh trial where justice is bound to be served in due course.”

SOURCE>> https://cooldude.entmediahub.com.ng/breaking-we-will-send-orji-uzor-kalu-back-to-prison-efcc/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by kaptaintintin: 2:35pm On May 08, 2020
Drama... Buhari and the forty thieves.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by dangermouse(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2020
Playing to the scripts! U people should stop messing with our heads abeg.
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by clevvermind(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2020
Efcc is a scam. Only fools take them serious.
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by kettykings: 2:49pm On May 08, 2020
EFCC cannot anything
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by duro4chang(m): 3:01pm On May 08, 2020
Please now.Let him rest and enjoy his remaining life.Leave the rest for God.Na beg I beg ooo.
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by NigeriaB(m): 3:02pm On May 08, 2020
I hate Nonsense!
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 08, 2020
Yes,they're right but i guess that will happen in the next world
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by Pubichairs(m): 5:17pm On May 08, 2020
cheesy

Watch how Afonjas will jump to this thread..to wail and spew trash about the Igbos

...Hausas sometimes I find them more reasonable than the Yorubas..when it comes to national matters

You brown roof apes are free to quote me..
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 08, 2020
Look at how igbos are supporting criminals. Shame no dey catch una
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by Sunshineg5(m): 6:06pm On May 08, 2020
Pubichairs:
cheesy

Watch how Afonjas will jump to this thread..to wail and spew trash about the Igbos

...Hausas sometimes I find them more reasonable than the Yorubas..when it comes to national matters

You brown roof apes are free to quote me..
@ emboldened

How is Kalu a Yoruba problem?
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by bolaayenimo: 6:07pm On May 08, 2020
Empty threat. Magu tries that, he kisses his job goodbye
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 6:52pm On May 08, 2020
[s]
bolaayenimo:
Empty threat. Magu tries that, he kisses his job goodbye
[/s]
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 6:52pm On May 08, 2020
grin
Re: BREAKING: We Will Send Orji Uzor Kalu Back To Prison –EFCC by courage9(m): 7:01pm On May 08, 2020
EFCC can arrest him after they have gone for all the thieves in Aso rock and APC

(1) (Reply)

#REVOLUTIONNOW Boss Omoyele Sowore Spills Hard Truth And Fact Again (watch) / Tiwa Savage Going Nude In Her Music Video / Ize-Iyamu Accuses Obaseki Of Shutting Down ‘Comrade Bus' Over Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.