Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Is It Time To Give Up? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is It Time To Give Up? (1445 Views)

It's time to start your own hosting business! � / It’s Time To Host With A Reasonable And Affordable Webhosting / Aspiring Webmasters, It's Time To Begin Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 10:50pm On May 08, 2020
My website of 9 months is ranking for just one keyword and gets 20-50 daily visits.

I make use of Google keyword planner to search out low competition, high volume keywords, but thus doesn't seem to be working.

I also make use of Rank Math seo plugin and try to ensure the posts are seo-optimized. I have tried building backlinks by guest posting and forum commenting.

I make use of alt tag and ensure the keyword I am trying to rank for is used as the alt tag.

I try to use at least three high resolution pictures all named with my focus keyword.

Nothing seems to be working and I'm at a point where I just want to call it a day.

I have given it my all and maybe I should accept at this juncture that blogging is not for me.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Moustache1: 10:53pm On May 08, 2020
Godmother:
My website of 9 months is ranking for just one keyword and gets 20-50 daily visits.

I make use of Google keyword planner to search out low competition, high volume keywords, but thus doesn't seem to be working.

I also make use of Rank Math seo plugin and try to ensure the posts are seo-optimized. I have tried building backlinks by guest posting and forum commenting.

I make use of alt tag and ensure the keyword I am trying to rank for is used as the alt tag.

I try to use at least three high resolution pictures all named with my focus keyword.

Nothing seems to be working and I'm at a point where I just want to call it a day.

I have given it my all and maybe I should accept at this juncture that blogging is not for me.
Don't call it a day yet
What your blog URL?
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 10:55pm On May 08, 2020
Moustache1:
Don't call it a day yet
What your blog URL?

Thank for the words of encouragement, but its all so discouraging. My DA and PA keep dropping. Alexa ranking that was a million has fallen off completely, Adsense was disabled, etc.

URL is www.womenallaround.com
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Karleb(m): 12:43am On May 09, 2020
A man once told me: "when life knocks you down, stay down, gather energy before thinking of rising".

So Madam, I think it time for you to suspend blogging. Suspend, not quit. Suspend it for a week, a month, revive that passion and get back to it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Coinvision: 3:04am On May 09, 2020
Muobo, I've known you for quite some time.
Problem is youre not consistent with a site. This is the 3rd website I've seen you promote.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by tranxo(m): 4:27am On May 09, 2020
Coinvision:
Problem is youre not consistent with a site. This is the 3rd website I've seen you promote.
Gbam. Simple

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 7:10am On May 09, 2020
Karleb:
A man once told me: "when life knocks you down, stay down, gather energy before thinking of rising".

So Madam, I think it time for you to suspend blogging. Suspend, not quit. Suspend it for a week, a month, revive that passion and get back to it.

This seems like a good idea.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 7:11am On May 09, 2020
Coinvision:

Its not like I don't want to be consistent, but its hard to be when you aren't making a dime off the site. I'm yet to earn a kobo from this site.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 7:11am On May 09, 2020
tranxo:
Gbam. Simple

Lol. Hey, Tranxo
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by fastseo: 7:55am On May 09, 2020
I love your themeplate, is it free or premium?

It's a health blog, hope you aren't competing with known brand like healthline, webmd, medicalnewstoday?

For me before i start a blog i look out for a successful blog and start to replicate their success. Check the backlink of those blogs with same keywords you are targeting and see if it's something you can compete with them.

Generally speaking blogs takes from 6 months to 1.6year or more to start ranking.

There are still strings you can pull to make things work faster

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by CallMeDrino: 8:19am On May 09, 2020
Godmother:

Its not like I don't want to be consistent, but its hard to be when you aren't making a dime off the site. I'm yet to earn a kobo from this site.

Spend money to make money.

Hire SEO expert and fvcking stop doing it yourself angry
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Karleb(m): 8:25am On May 09, 2020
Godmother:

This seems like a good idea.

Look at it from this perspective. What if you are working for the Government of my state and you salary for 9 months was not paid? What if my state government paid you half salary for 5 months?

Tough people last.

Another thing is; I think you should expand your niche a bit. I've not been checking your blog but I believe it centers around women. Since you are a good writer, why don't you start a story on your blog? You could also write about life experiences of yourself or orders.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 9:17am On May 09, 2020
CallMeDrino:

Spend money to make money.

Hire SEO expert and fvcking stop doing it yourself angry

Well, if I had the money, I would.
Right now I don't so I'll have to fvcking keep doing it myself. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 9:21am On May 09, 2020
fastseo:

It's a health blog, hope you aren't competing with known brand like healthline, webmd, medicalnewstoday?

For me before i start a blog i look out for a successful blog and start to replicate their success. Check the backlink of those blogs with same keywords you are targeting and see if it's something you can compete with them.

Generally speaking blogs takes from 6 months to 1.6year or more to start ranking.

Yea, it is a health blog and sadly, I'm am competing with those big guys (health line seems to be ranking top for all keywords angry )

However, I'm focusing more on very low competition keywords with moderate search volume, something these big guns might not be interested in.

I've also been building backlinks through guest posting, but maybe I've been going about it the wrong way. You just opened my eyes to something and that is knowing sites my competitors are linking to. Thanks for this.

Oh and the template is free.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 9:25am On May 09, 2020
Karleb:

Look at it from this perspective. What if you are working for the Government of my state and you salary for 9 months was not paid? What if my state government paid you half salary for 5 months?

Tough people last.

Another thing is; I think you should expand your niche a bit. I've not been checking your blog but I believe it centers around women. Since you are a good writer, why don't you start a story on your blog? You could also write about life experiences of yourself or orders.

Hmmm, I hope it starts ranking soon cos its not easy to blog for almost a year without earning a dime.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by bedfordng(m): 9:34am On May 09, 2020
blogging is not as easy as many thought. lots of people feels seo is also as easy. the same thing you think you know, other people also knows it. now a days lots of people go into blogging for the sole aim of earning with AdSense. that is just one of the issue lots of bloggers are having.

they fail yo understand that even when you have AdSense, you won't earn except someone clicks on the advert. and they fail to understand that AdSense is not the only means of earning from your site. I have bought several site, some AdSense ban but still bought it even when I know I won't use AdSense on it.

keyword research doesn't work instantly as you think. it takes time and also lots of other blog with good da and pa must have blogged about that same keyword. so madam it takes patience and consistency to blog without earning for a while.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Donmoscojaja(m): 10:38am On May 09, 2020
Godmother:

You are too fast lady, get a job if you can't continue

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by CallMeDrino: 10:44am On May 09, 2020
Godmother:

Well, if I had the money, I would.
Right now I don't so I'll have to fvcking keep doing it myself. smiley

Then you'll keep complaining tongue

You have no option but to quit and find another work cause it is obvious you believe blogging is a get rich quick scheme.. SMH

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Sanchez01: 12:24pm On May 09, 2020
Godmother:
At 9 months, you should be getting nothing less than 5,000 daily visitors.

Low competition means low traffic. It is why you haven't been able to get proper traffic in the past 9 months. While you won't automatically rank, Google's latest algo should have hinted you that unrecognised health blogs and sites would get kicked to the curb as the niche is super sensitive.

NEVER, EVER use Rank Math. The so-called Swiss army knife of SEO is not as good as its developers claim.

Alt tags are not a guarantee that you'll rank for your desired keywords.

Whether HD or 4K pictures, it doesn't matter. As a matter of fact, they might negatively impact your site. High quality pictures that are not properly trimmed are often heavy and their sizes often count when loading a page. However, that isn't the point in your case.

You have made the one mistake most newbie bloggers make. Before setting out to blog at all, do a research of niches that rank easily, those that are difficult, those that are constantly queried on SEs and those that are sensitive.

If you create a blog with the purpose of monetizing, then don't just start with a niche you think you love. Don't get me wrong, you have to love what you do but if your chosen niche is not often searched or queried, you'll bow out in frustration.

Google won't rank your health blog becausr it is a sensitive niche. Quit this one, get a new domain name, and come back better. But before you do, make sure you have properly researched and have asked LOTS OF QUESTIONS.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 09, 2020
fastseo:

Sorry for quoting you in an unrelated post but I need to get in touch with you asap, bro.

There was no contact number on your profile hence this.

Please you can get in touch with me via: zero seven zero, three double one nine, two double nine six. It's about Ahrefs.

Thank you.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by tranxo(m): 1:51pm On May 09, 2020
Godmother:

Lol. Hey, Tranxo
lol. Madam, 3 websites!? You simply spread yourself too thin oo. Take a honeymoon.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 09, 2020
Moubo, truly you have suffered grin. I feel your pain but believe it or not, health niche is not for you.
You can't tell me you will blog on a tech niche for a whole 9 months and all you could rank is just 1 keyword, generating only 20-50 pageviews daily. That's very bad.

Nawaooo! Change your niche please. Go for news, entertainment, tech, or some other profitable niche, aside this health.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Brunicekid(m): 4:07pm On May 09, 2020
Coinvision:
I don't know if this is true... If it is, then OP, you need to be consistent with your website.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Nobody: 5:52am On May 10, 2020
Godmother:

I made first earning after 4 years into blogging!

Though, that was then, most of us early adopters started on the wrong foot, if you know what that means, and had to learn along the way.

So, 9 months to me is too early to give up!

But, after taking a look at your blog, I'd advice as follows:

*Delete or eliminate all health and medical related advice from your blog, as Google algo is hard on those niches and topics!

*Focus more on sharing holistic women topics and real-life experiences.

*Stick to the Niche, as I also see tech topics here and there!

Then give it another 9 months and see what works! At this level, affiliate marketing is only avenue that can earn you something tangible if you narrow you niche, as even Adsense requires huge traffic to make any sense.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 1:54pm On May 10, 2020
tranxo:
lol. Madam, 3 websites!? You simply spread yourself too thin oo. Take a honeymoon.

No, I don't have three websites. I've had three websites but have just one right now.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 2:00pm On May 10, 2020
questechie:

I made first earning after 4 years into blogging!

Though, that was then, most of us early adopters started on the wrong foot, if you know what that means, and had to learn along the way.

So, 9 months to me is too early to give up!

But, after taking a look at your blog, I'd advice as follows:

*Delete or eliminate all health and medical related advice from your blog, as Google algo is hard on those niches and topics!

*Focus more on sharing holistic women topics and real-life experiences.

*Stick to the Niche, as I also see tech topics here and there!

Then give it another 9 months and see what works! At this level, affiliate marketing is only avenue that can earn you something tangible if you narrow you niche, as even Adsense requires huge traffic to make any sense.

Every advice I've gotten so fat has been to drop health niche as I don't have the E.A.T for it.

However, I'm stuck as this is the mainframe of my site. If I deleted all health articles, my site would be without structure.

Someone suggested going into health products reviews, another baby products reviews. I just want a nine that's still women related and won't draw blood to rank in.

I've thought of relationship, but don't know how sellable that niche is.

Just so confused right now.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 2:02pm On May 10, 2020
ClixMaster:
Moubo, truly you have suffered grin. I feel your pain but believe it or not, health niche is not for you.
You can't tell me you will blog on a tech niche for a whole 9 months and all you could rank is just 1 keyword, generating only 20-50 pageviews daily. That's very bad.

Nawaooo! Change your niche please. Go for news, entertainment, tech, or some other profitable niche, aside this health.

I just might go for this tech or make money for women

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by Godmother(f): 2:03pm On May 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

Low competition means low traffic. It is why you haven't been able to get proper traffic in the past 9 months. While you won't automatically rank, Google's latest algo should have hinted you that unrecognised health blogs and sites would get kicked to the curb as the niche is super sensitive.

NEVER, EVER use Rank Math. The so-called Swiss army knife of SEO is not as good as its developers claim.

Whether HD or 4K pictures, it doesn't matter. As a matter of fact, they might negatively impact your site. High quality pictures that are not properly trimmed are often heavy and their sizes often count when loading a page. However, that isn't the point in your case.

You have made the one mistake most newbie bloggers make. Before setting out to blog at all, do a research of niches that rank easily, those that are difficult, those that are constantly queried on SEs and those that are sensitive.

If you create a blog with the purpose of monetizing, then don't just start with a niche you think you love. Don't get me wrong, you have to love what you do but if your chosen niche is not often searched or queried, you'll bow out in frustration.

Google won't rank your health blog becausr it is a sensitive niche. Quit this one, get a new domain name, and come back better. But before you do, make sure you have properly researched and have asked LOTS OF QUESTIONS.

You give good advice. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by cypher247: 1:37am On May 11, 2020
Don't call it a day yet, I also have a health blog I opened around last year and it has being doing pretty well over the the last 2 months... that's after spending several months studying the health niche and SEO and I'm currently outranking healthline on some particular keywords.

The thing is blogging is not for the lazy, it requires a lot of learning and determination and you have to try so many different stuff until you get the one that works for you, then work harder on it.

I've already seen some telecommunications post on your blog, I can tell you that niche is very easy and most keywords there are very easy to rank, if you study it well you'll be ranking on google's first page just after 2 weeks of publishing posts and tap from the hundreds/thousands of search volume that comes from it everyday.

You blog is already centered around women's health.. you can narrow it down to women's pregnancy, women's weight loss, women's fertility, women's skin care/beauty etc.

Use google keyword planner and generate as many keywords as possible around those keywords, get the ones that are good with at least 100 - 1k searches per month. You have higher chances of ranking for these ones.

Then write unique long articles (1k+ words) around any keyword you pick and include all the related keywords in that post making them h2 or h3 tags, don't forget to add the EXACT keyword at the beginning of your title, in your url and meta description (use yoast seo plugin) , add at least 2 clear images with the keyword as alt tags. Also try to make your title short, simple and catchy for clicks, as the more clicks you get the more you rank.

Most of the health posts I published on march this year using this technique are all on google's first page for their keywords and few are above healthline, building backlines is not my thing, the ones I have on that blog are the ones I got naturally from other blogs and they are not much but my posts are still climbing regardless.

If you can follow everything I just said and publish at least 20 newly well optimized posts this month, if you don't start seeing changes by ending of next month, QUIT BLOGGING.
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by fastseo: 12:42pm On May 13, 2020
Godmother:

Yea, it is a health blog and sadly, I'm am competing with those big guys (health line seems to be ranking top for all keywords angry )

However, I'm focusing more on very low competition keywords with moderate search volume, something these big guns might not be interested in.

I've also been building backlinks through guest posting, but maybe I've been going about it the wrong way. You just opened my eyes to something and that is knowing sites my competitors are linking to. Thanks for this.

Oh and the template is free.

Whats the name of the theme?

I will like you to read and get some ideas from tung. Most of his ideas are still relevant.

https://www.cloudliving.com/the-10k-challenge-update-1/

Read from update 1 to 10 please
Re: Is It Time To Give Up? by fastseo: 1:02pm On May 13, 2020
Sanchez01:

Yes are well experienced from your write up and it's well detailed enough.
Your last part though is right but I still think there are some keywords in the health niche that aren't yet competitive.

Lastly like i said before there are string that I have seen new sites pulled and within 6 months they saw Huge traffic... Expired domain still works last time I check.. But to get a good one.. One need to spend above 1k$°

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fletro Pro V5.4 Responsive Blogger Template With Free Download / Mini Importation Business Guide Start Today With as low as 11k. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.