Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? (647 Views)

Access Bank Reverses Decision On Stamp Duty - To Refund All Those Affected (pic) / Who Knows Anything About Pureyield Investment. / Stamp Duty: 16 Commercial Banks Fail To Remit N1.6bn To FG - Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? by mayour16(m): 1:52am On May 09, 2020
This just started of recent and I have been debited twice. I asked my bank why and only thing they claimed was that it is CBN directive.

If you know anything about it please share.

I wish the moderators can push this to the front page.
Re: Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? by Nonso92(m): 2:15am On May 09, 2020
I have been debited over 16 times
Re: Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? by Jelzin2412(m): 3:06am On May 09, 2020
mayour16:
This just started of recent and I have been debited twice. I asked my bank why and only thing they claimed was that it is CBN directive.

If you know anything about it please share.

Seriously? CBN directives without any reason?
They have debited me twice now; N200 & N50 respectively in less than a week. And I don't even live in Nigeria.

Which is your bank pls? Mine is Access

Las las, they won't see any money to debit soonest.

Bastards!!!
Re: Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? by Jelzin2412(m): 3:07am On May 09, 2020
Nonso92:
I have been debited over 16 times

shocked shocked
Wtf!!!
And what have you done?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? by Mbamifeanyi(m): 9:11am On May 09, 2020
The little I knw abt abt stamp duty for every single deposit from 10k and above u will b charge #50.

The federal government has clarified that deposits into savings accounts that is up to N10,000 are not exempted from the payment of N50 stamp duty under the Finance Act of 2020.
Re: Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? by mayour16(m): 9:38am On May 09, 2020
Mine is Access bank too. It's not even physical bank deposit, why are they charging internet banking too. Do they want to send me back to my village?

Jelzin2412:

Seriously? CBN directives without any reason?
They have debited me twice now; N200 & N50 respectively in less than a week. And I don't even live in Nigeria.

Which is your bank pls? Mine is Access

Las las, they won't see any money to debit soonest.

Bastards!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? by Wickedfact: 10:05am On May 09, 2020
Access bank has lately been behaving like a bank having problems. All the signs are there.

Missing transfers in access accounts, inexplicable withdrawals, closure of branches, mass downsizing, etc.
Re: Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? by immaq8(f): 11:44am On May 09, 2020
I made transfer from Access to Access Bank @ 2am today, Access didn't send debit alert neither the receiver received credit alert. when I went to transfer history on my Access Bank app, I noticed that the transfer I made @2am today 9th is indicating monday 11th.
Biko! someone should tell @Accessbankplc that this Covid19 period is not period to do hide & seek!
Re: Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? by Nonso92(m): 11:59am On May 09, 2020
Jelzin2412:

shocked shocked
Wtf!!!
And what have you done?

I did the same thing you did, and I got the same answer you got.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Anything About The Recent Stamp Duty Deduction By Banks? by Jelzin2412(m): 3:33pm On May 09, 2020
mayour16:
Mine is Access bank too. It's not even physical bank deposit, why are they charging internet banking too. Do they want to send me back to my village?

Ahh!!! Internet banking?
Well I know say na our account dem go wan collect the N1BN they donated to FG. I'm moving my money from access kawai!

(1) (Reply)

Germany Purchases Made In Nigeria Speed Boats. / Plastic Recycling Factory For Sale / Make Money With Forex Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.