Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,254 members, 7,864,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:15 PM

Whatever Happened To The "WAZOBIA" Tripod, Wasn't It A Useless Connotation? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whatever Happened To The "WAZOBIA" Tripod, Wasn't It A Useless Connotation? (1252 Views)

Amaechi On 94.1FM Wazobia In Port Harcourt (photos) / Dokpesi Demands Solitary Confinement Against Assasination Plot By Tinubu-Wazobia / Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatever Happened To The "WAZOBIA" Tripod, Wasn't It A Useless Connotation? by Olaedo1: 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

That's a tough one.  I think that actually depends on what everybody else decides to do actually. They would just be left playing the waiting game probably.

If left to them, I think they would just try to resurrect Bendel minus the groups that want to leave, and when that fails (I think the only people that would stick around would be the Urhobos/Isokos, so it would be a landlocked country of about 6 million, which is fine with me actually.) they would join Oduduwa republic. After all, Edos believe Oduduwa was a Benin man grin  grin, so that would be no problem having it named after an illustrious Edo son. I would want a better name for such a country though. You can't call yourself an Oduduwan or and Oduduwaian. It just sounds strange and weird.

Sounds good. I think it may be called O'odua Rep. so O'Oduwan isn't bad at all. cool
Re: Whatever Happened To The "WAZOBIA" Tripod, Wasn't It A Useless Connotation? by jason123: 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

That's a tough one.  I think that actually depends on what everybody else decides to do actually. They would just be left playing the waiting game probably.

If left to them, I think they would just try to resurrect Bendel minus the groups that want to leave, and when that fails (I think the only people that would stick around would be the Urhobos/Isokos, so it would be a landlocked country of about 6 million, which is fine with me actually.) they would join Oduduwa republic. After all, Edos believe Oduduwa was a Benin man grin  grin, so that would be no problem having it named after an illustrious Edo son. I would want a better name for such a country though. You can't call yourself an Oduduwan or and Oduduwaian. It just sounds strange and weird.

WELL DONE!
Re: Whatever Happened To The "WAZOBIA" Tripod, Wasn't It A Useless Connotation? by jason123: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2011
dem_people:

You now see that its not only Ndigbo that can be accused of a domineering attitude - if ever we had any!  lipsrsealed cool Olabukola is stating an obvious character of his people.  cheesy

No mind am or should I say them!
Re: Whatever Happened To The "WAZOBIA" Tripod, Wasn't It A Useless Connotation? by jason123: 9:51pm On Jan 12, 2011
The problem in nigeria has to do with all the so-called major ethnic groups! Even SN would not work because of all you yorubas and igbos. SMH!
Re: Whatever Happened To The "WAZOBIA" Tripod, Wasn't It A Useless Connotation? by Akhenaten: 11:20pm On Jan 12, 2011
jason123:

The problem in nigeria has to do with all the so-called major ethnic groups! Even SN would not work because of all you yorubas and igbos. SMH!

Minus the Igbo. We Igbos have to make sure who are Igbos and who are not. That is why were are not worried about the minorities, because our own identity is in fluctuation, because of a few wayward Igbo clans.
Re: Whatever Happened To The "WAZOBIA" Tripod, Wasn't It A Useless Connotation? by ekubear1: 3:25am On Jan 13, 2011
I've never liked the name "Oduduwa Republic" or "Odua Republic" either.

Something more catchy will need to be found.

Lording things over minorities is a bad idea, only causes discord. Cannot leave Nigeria only to replicate some of the things that caused it to fail.

In any case, if I had it my way, Oduduwa Republic would be very federalist. Only need to meet at the middle for things like national defense, border control, economic policy, immigration, etc. I don't see why the federal government of that republic needs to be stronger than it has to be. . . the weaker the better, imo.
Re: Whatever Happened To The "WAZOBIA" Tripod, Wasn't It A Useless Connotation? by tpia6: 3:29am On Jan 13, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Timipre Sylva Is A Drowning Man – Alaibe / Please Post Ekiti, Ogun, Oyo,imo,benue,osun,kwara And Others / The Legends Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.