Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers (32555 Views)

Ukraine Crisis: First Batch Of Nigerian Evacuees Arrive From Romania (Photos) / Anambra Int'l Airport: Commercial Flights Arrive From Abuja & Lagos:video / Another 425 Nigerians Arrive From Saudi-arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by Lovelypet28: 9:08am On May 09, 2020
People think the UK is heaven,lol, asking why people are coming back, expenses of course, it's only wise to come back to nigeria where you can stay with family pending the time we can go back to our lives.
My brother in law in the UK has just sold one of his cars, he was doing well for himself before COVID 19, his 2hite wife lost her job because she got pregnant, lol.
It's not a bed of roses everywhere, many nigerians are on d streets abroad, no money no accommodation, they cant even come home because they cant afford air fare, this is an opportunity to come home, at least kudos to Nigerian government.

4 Likes

Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by Kaybaba5(m): 9:13am On May 09, 2020
why are they back ........ confused people everywhere
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by HolyTitus(m): 9:15am On May 09, 2020
How much did FG spent for this mission like this?
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by mechanics(m): 9:16am On May 09, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
They should remain there I hope they wount run away ooo
hahahah, they can't o
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by hmohammed(m): 9:27am On May 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:
They left the frying pan to fire.

UK isn’t safe, Nigeria is worse (we have been seeing the manifestation).

I believe these people have got the intention of coming to Nigeria before, COVID19 or not.

You guys are just sadist. You are sad that some people prefer to come back home rather than staying in your dream home. That tells you there are things here in Nigeria that the developed countries can't provide.

1 Like

Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by 7lives: 9:33am On May 09, 2020
IamgratefulLord:
Who would have thought this pandemic would bring about this type of tide?
All the counties in the world are now the same. Nobody wants to go to America, Europe or even Asia. smiley
Sometimes God humbles us with certain circumstances. smiley
I have experienced it first hand, I as an individual can't live my life anyhow, God controls every of my move, and sometimes when I try do my thing my own way, God humbles me.
All the world Powers have failed smiley
That's to show that God is not man. cheesy
Period!!!

What more can I say, the multi billion dollars health care systems have all failed.
This covid 19 pandemic is not ending soon unfortunately.
God has really humled man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by eyinjuege: 9:43am On May 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:
They may not be sidelined.

But go and check their own isolation center. It will be very much different from our common and conventional isolation centers like Gwardon.

It may even be a 5 star hotel.

There is no isolation centers for those arriving in the UK. The advice is usually to self isolate in your own home.
The only people that were isolated was flights from Wuhan, earlier at the beginning of the pandemic
Even if you are positive for the corona, they ask you to stay at home, unless your symptoms worsen and you will be admitted in hospital

2 Likes

Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by AreaFada2: 9:55am On May 09, 2020
xreal:
Why will they leave the UK for Nigeria?

Don't tell me " because of COVID".
They are probably not UK residents. Because UK nationals residents (whether oyinbo or 9ja British) are the ones the flight that brought this lot flew back to UK.

These people returning are probably visitors to UK. Overstaying your tourist or visitor's visa won't be a good thing. Covid-19 or not.

If you overstay, in the future if applying for a visa you may be asked to prove that you made reasonable effort to return to 9ja during the lockdown.

1 Like

Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by oluspicy: 10:05am On May 09, 2020
Tunex252:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/253-nigerians-arrive-from-uk-taken-to-isolation-centers.html

I hope my friend who has been living in U.K for so many years is not among. shocked
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by enemyofprogress: 10:06am On May 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:

I believe these people have got the intention of coming to Nigeria before, COVID19 or not.
Are you still coming tonight as discussed?
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by enemyofprogress: 10:08am On May 09, 2020
AreaFada2:

They are probably not UK residents. Because UK nationals residents (whether oyinbo or 9ja British) are the ones the flight that brought this lot flew back to UK.

These people returning are probably visitors to UK. Overstaying your tourist or visitor's visa won't be a good thing. Covid-19 or not.
[s]
If you overstay, in the future if applying for a visa you may be asked to prove that you made reasonable effort to return to 9ja during the lockdown[/s].
as if UK is in another planet that didn't know what happened during that period
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by Tremple8v: 10:11am On May 09, 2020
Coro send people back home, Irony of life cry
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by Nobody: 10:11am On May 09, 2020
adonainana:
Hmm
Now country looked down upon feeding the hunter

Not too long ago some people would say they would rather die in the UK than come to Nigeria

Wow such a turnaround cos here in the UK presently, there is fresh and pay on delivery death

The type of death that would even cost £8000 for funeral self

The highest deaths in Europe so far, ko easy

Well done Nigerian Government
I think they came to the UK either for holidays or business, anyone who came here on a leisure or business trip would be better off going back to their countries, I am not sure they would get any help from the UK government financially or otherwise especially if their money has ran out.
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by AreaFada2: 10:20am On May 09, 2020
enemyofprogress:
You have no idea how wicked visa officers can be. People who have visited many times are still refused on flimsy grounds. It's the visa officer's descretion. You know how many such cases I have seen?

Lockdown did not come suddenly. There were indications we were heading to it. What efforts did you make to return? What evidence from your high commission have you trying to return.

Just overstay and see going forward. grin
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by smithyemy: 10:22am On May 09, 2020
My people over there how una dey? I just want shook mouth for this matter. Here in uk, not everybody here get paper ooo. And if you no get paper, u cant do any good work except security for few Nigerian owned churches. Also, police are looking for people like that like the way we dey look for fuel during fuel scarcity in Nigeria. And if police catch them na Nigeria straight and they wont be able to enter uk or any other European countries for 10 years. So is better for them to come back. On the other hand, when i was in Nigeria i work for an oil Serve Company that work with oil and gas. When i get to Uk here for my master, i had not even finished my Master Degree when i got a job with the biggest supermarket in Europe and i was offered a salary that pays me when i works in 2 days thesame salary i was been paid when i works in in 30 days.and i have another family friend that receives my salary while i was in Nigeria for just working for 3 hours in a day. Imagine you work in an oil company in Nigeria thinking you are the best and you got here in uk only to receive that same salary in just 2 days. Tell me, how do you expect me to come home. Also, when ur children are enjoying free education. And be given like 30, 000 naira each per week for feeding during this Corona crisis. And during school sessions they are being given free Text books and Free meals during school hours. Think about the good weather conditions and also the Ever available electricity supply, world class Medical facilities, the Cosmopolitan culture of the British. All these many more will attract reasonable Nigeria to stay back when you think of the suffering in Nigeria. Why will u go back when you have papers and having reasons to reside in UK.

1 Like

Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by AreaFada2: 10:22am On May 09, 2020
enemyofprogress:
You have no idea how wicked visa officers can be. People who have visited many times are still refused on flimsy grounds. It's the visa officer's descretion. You know how many such cases I have seen?

Lockdown did not come suddenly. There were indications we were heading to it. What efforts did you make to return? What evidence from your high commission have you trying to return.

Indeed from excuses given for refusal, they could easily have been on another planet at times. That's how seemingly irrational they can be.

Just overstay and see going forward. grin
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by otokx(m): 10:31am On May 09, 2020
Nice collabo by the Nigerian and British governments.
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by RaptorX: 10:31am On May 09, 2020
BigSplash:
Welcome back to the heart of hell itself brethren

I sometimes wonder if they forgot what made them travel in the first.
God ehn, if you help me get visa, I promise not even covid 19 will make me come back to the zoo again.
Not everyone abroad traveled to escape from Nigeria. People who were abroad for different reasons got trapped due to travel restrictions, just silly comments all over the place like UK is some kind of paradise that people cannot come back willingly from.
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by RaptorX: 10:39am On May 09, 2020
smithyemy:
My people over there how una dey? I just want shook mouth for this matter. Here in uk, not everybody here get paper ooo. And if you no get paper, u cant do any good work except security for few Nigerian owned churches. Also, police are looking for people like that like the way we dey look for fuel during fuel scarcity in Nigeria. And if police catch them na Nigeria straight and they wont be able to enter uk or any other European countries for 10 years. So is better for them to come back. On the other hand, when i was in Nigeria i work for an oil Serve Company that work with oil and gas. When i get to Uk here for my master, i had not even finished my Master Degree when i got a job with the biggest supermarket in Europe and i was offered a salary that pays me when i works in 2 days thesame salary i was been paid when i works in in 30 days.and i have another family friend that receives my salary while i was in Nigeria for just working for 3 hours in a day. Imagine you work in an oil company in Nigeria thinking you are the best and you got here in uk only to receive that same salary in just 2 days. Tell me, how do you expect me to come home. Also, when ur children are enjoying free education. And be given like 30, 000 naira each per week for feeding during this Corona crisis. And during school sessions they are being given free Text books and Free meals during school hours. Think about the good weather conditions and also the Ever available electricity supply, world class Medical facilities, the Cosmopolitan culture of the British. All these many more will attract reasonable Nigeria to stay back when you think of the suffering in Nigeria. Why will u go back when you have papers and having reasons to reside in UK.
What kind of oil company were you working for with this your terrible English. Comparing a supermarket job in the UK with an oil company job in Nigeria tells me you are a fake and a fraud. It shows how unintelligent you are to be converting your earnings to Naira like your expenses in the UK is paid in Naira.I doubt if you have ever entered a plane before talking about good weather in the UK.
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by Bossman(m): 10:39am On May 09, 2020
Exactly! These are Nigerian residents that were visiting the UK and got stranded there. If they were UK residents with permanent residency, they will not be coming to Nigeria.

TruthDefender:
These are people who live in Nigeria that went to europe for vacation/ studies and got stranded due to Covik 1*9

Welcome home !
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by Nobody: 10:52am On May 09, 2020
Abroad guys back to square one so pathetic
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by Reference(m): 10:57am On May 09, 2020
Slow, tardy people running affairs of this country.

Doing now what folks had been screaming about since the Italian entered Nigeria. Mandatory quarantine.

If this is not a classic case of 'closing the barn door after the horses have bolted', what is.
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by toprealman: 11:07am On May 09, 2020
hannysur8:
I know Ministers and Senators relative will be sidelined from those who will be taken to the isolation center
Or from the isolation centre, they will be further " isolated".
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by subcbouy: 11:11am On May 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Not all that glitters is gold. Reality is known only to those who have experienced it, not about assuming. You may not understand.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-uk-coronavirus-hospital-death-22000570?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mirror_main&fbclid=IwAR0mJ081q-Ui45D9yu9BY69hbNehkNUx1gOC6md8XbppsKI-y9trVQXz29A

1 Like

Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by subcbouy: 11:16am On May 09, 2020
Reference:
Slow, tardy people running affairs of this country.

Doing now what folks had been screaming about since the Italian entered Nigeria. Mandatory quarantine.

If this is not a classic case of 'closing the barn door after the horses have bolted', what is.
People will still flout the rule. is not Nigeria?
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by subcbouy: 11:20am On May 09, 2020
gbandigan:
Very Hot!!!
2013 Toyota Highlander for sale...
Price: 5M
Don't let go of this opportunity
No car information?
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by Mizwisdom(f): 11:32am On May 09, 2020
There are so many sadists in this country. Had it being that these number of people were leaving Nigeria to UK this period you would have seen all manner of posts. About how we are doomed, how they know that we can't manage their illness, about how there's intelligence report that many people will die here that's why they're going but now that the reverse is the case this thread is quiet and people are humbled that fellow Nigerians volunteer to return to the country from UK
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by omofranyoung(m): 11:43am On May 09, 2020
It is better to come to where you know you can get the results for coronavirus if infected than stay in a place where you will not be considered for treatment under the present situation.....the color of ur skin will determine if you will be admitted into a hospital in the uk
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by K4daniel: 12:02pm On May 09, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Why not ship them to the south East where we have less cases.

Imo, Anambra, Enugu or Abia state is ok for now.

I urge the FG to ship them to the South East immediately.

Guy you bad ooooo Lol.
Re: 253 Nigerians Arrive From UK, Taken To Isolation Centers by grandstar(m): 12:03pm On May 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:

They largely came out of fear. Hundreds are dying daily in the UK while we are only having a few hundred new cases everyday but rising.

Nigeria does not have it as bad as UK yet.

Also, they are entitled up to 80% of their salaries (maximum payout is £2000)

I have a family friend who wanted to come home in March but postponed it indefinitely because of the pandemic. He still goes to work. He works with autistic kids. His partner and 2 kids and adopted daughter are all here. Plans to bring them over in 3 years time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Dies As His Car Runs Under Parked Trailer Along Benin-Ore Road (Video) / An Overview Of Kaduna International Airport (photos) / Couple Came Out Unharmed From This Accident On Their Way From Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.