Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance (21538 Views)

Governor Yahaya Bello Increases Doctors' Hazard Allowance By 100% / COVID-19: Ogun Confirms 62-Year Old Man As New Case, Identifies 32 Contact / COVID-19: Ogun Govt To Distribute “Not For Sale” Hand Sanitizers To Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Ubykcee(m): 1:31pm On May 09, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by flexyndavis(m): 1:34pm On May 09, 2020
wunmi590:
I commend the speech of the most incompetent governor in the whole of south west.

I won't commend him, not until the medical doctors start receiving the alert.

But wait, from N5000 to how much. Oh Lord have mercy.

God knows that I can't be a medical doctor and still be languishing in this country I swear.

A friend of mine who we graduated together is now a US army with only his SSCE, he didn't even bother collecting his certificate before jetting out.

#Stupid politicians
#Stupid government,how did ur friend do that,to enroll from nigerian soil to american army with ssce?

#Stupid ruler
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Lexusgs430: 1:36pm On May 09, 2020
Astrologyfact:
grin they should also give them papa's Facemask,
Please oder your face mask, I now sew due to the impact of the lockdown inbox me to place your oder

Do you have one like this? grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by ogbuefi677(m): 1:36pm On May 09, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

How much do you think will be enough?
200k at least.
Cos if you watch d trend,d doctors that are getting infected are the ones doing routine clinical duties eg d doctor that died after operatiing on a woman who unknown to all was a covid 19 patient.
I have 1st hand info on another doctor who was almost infected by that House of Assembly member from Nasarawa.
The ones in d isolation centers already are at alert and are provided solid Personal Protective Equipments.
Its very risky attending to any patient now with the community spread and all,even private hospitals should be encouraged by way of PPE,tax exemptions etc so they don't close shop or reject patients like some have been doing.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by HazardMan(m): 1:38pm On May 09, 2020
I know money can't buy life but we need you guys epp now morethan ever.
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by farem: 1:38pm On May 09, 2020
taiyesoul:
Nice initiative. Health workers are on "suicidal" mission at this obstinate period. What Lagos, despite it's billions of naira monthly IGR refused to do is being done.
Kudos to the Ogun State government for this laudable initiative.

Did they complain to you, Mr gala hawker.
Every one knows Lagos has been blazing the trail in Nigeria and you want to turn them to God.
Funny thing is you will never want to see or bother about what your own state is doing.
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by SeniorGee(m): 1:42pm On May 09, 2020
What about the Nurses and other care givers who are most vulnerable
Consider them for same benefits as well
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by iiamharkinwaley: 1:43pm On May 09, 2020
cool

Interesting
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by famzynet: 1:50pm On May 09, 2020
So they should go and risk their lives for adding 10k to their salary. This country is a joke. Someone seeing 300% increment would think it is big money. Na 10k oooo.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by mindtricks: 1:53pm On May 09, 2020
taiyesoul:
Nice initiative. Health workers are on "suicidal" mission at this obstinate period. What Lagos, despite it's billions of naira monthly IGR refused to do is being done.
Kudos to the Ogun State government for this laudable initiative.
Help tell em. People don't know.
Among casualties are many health workers.
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by elasticlala: 1:56pm On May 09, 2020
Perfecttouchade:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/ogun-triples-doctors-hazard-allowances-offers-them-life-insurance/

The topic and the content do not tally. Modify the topic pls. All health workers are not doctors
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by amaham(m): 1:57pm On May 09, 2020
Ogun state runs Oouth and their resident doctors are agitating because of non payment of salary. I wonder where they miraculously got this money they want to pay. Pls let them get alert before we start Thanksgiving service
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 09, 2020
iaamxavier:

Whatever your profession is doesn't even stand where health practitioners exist
So run along Pls
and have you considered that I may be in the health profession?
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by pieces18: 2:02pm On May 09, 2020
Did El -Rufai off Kaduna hear or watch this? A lot of people may not know, but southwest governors are really trying, the worse are the entire northern governors. Especially Kaduna state governor who always wants people to believe he's the best, but the truth is that he may not be the worse, but he's certainly among the worse governors right now.
Instead of him to motivate health workers in the state, he's demoralizing them by forcefully seduction 25% from their salary.
His palliative us nothing to talk about.
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by wristbangle: 2:02pm On May 09, 2020
Hehehe from 5k to 15k. Wicked man
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by mechanics(m): 2:03pm On May 09, 2020
This is what Ganduje ought to do.
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by eyinjuege: 2:03pm On May 09, 2020
ogbuefi677:

200k at least.
Cos if you watch d trend,d doctors that are getting infected are the ones doing routine clinical duties eg d doctor that died after operatiing on a woman who unknown to all was a covid 19 patient.
I have 1st hand info on another doctor who was almost infected by that House of Assembly member from Nasarawa.
The ones in d isolation centers already are at alert and are provided solid Personal Protective Equipments.
Its very risky attending to any patient now with the community spread and all,even private hospitals should be encouraged by way of PPE,tax exemptions etc so they don't close shop or reject patients like some have been doing.

All routine duties should be scrapped till covid is over.
Only emergency surgeries and emergencies should be attended to physically.
All those who run clinics like cardiology etc should use the phone numbers of patients at home, and should talk to them over the phone about their condition.
Life is not hard at all.
In the UK, that's how Drs are running their clinics now- over the phone. Atimes video calls are done.
Only urgent cases or emerge cries are asked to come into the hospital, otherwise come at your own peril. If a Dr/health worker catches it, he will infect many other patients and his/her colleagues .
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by emperor863(m): 2:07pm On May 09, 2020
Nazgul:
The should pay it first and doctors should confirm it before I commend them. I'm tired of hearing news like this only to later discover that it wasn't implemented. case study is the new minimum wage. many states are yet to implement it yet credit has been given to the federal government already.

Frustration is a really bad phenomenon. So it is Federal government that will pay minimum wage for your state government.

For your information, federal government has been paying minimum wage since November last year.

Confront your governor for your own.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by taiyesoul(f): 2:12pm On May 09, 2020
An average Nigerian duffer in Chief!, deviating from the truth,that's your dunderheaded self. Are you Tinubu's son?. Blazing what trail?. If you have a family who's an health worker and he's offered a life insurance in Ogun State,you'll advise him to reject it and move to Lagos?. Oponu oshi yi

Did they complain to you, Mr gala hawker.
Every one knows Lagos has been blazing the trail in Nigeria and you want to turn them to God.
Funny thing is you will never want to see or bother about what your own state is doing. [/quote]
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Captainrambo2: 2:13pm On May 09, 2020
What about the nurses
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by GoodLord95: 2:16pm On May 09, 2020
Abalado:
Now u will know that he government has hand in Boko Haram issue, please is there no Boko Haram again in Nigeria or they are dear of corona virus too,,, if government want to do it now, let them take one of the corona virus patient to sambisa forest so that those stupid Boko Haram will get the person and ones either of the Boko Haram has gotten it that's the end for them

But who will volunteer. Plus it requires technical planning and very logical reasoning. Our DSS and Military intelligence are still toddlers in the face of the CIA and FBI. Think.
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by ogbuefi677(m): 2:16pm On May 09, 2020
eyinjuege:

All routine duties should be scrapped till covid is over.
Only emergency surgeries and emergencies should be attended to physically.
All those who run clinics like cardiology etc should use the phone numbers of patients at home, and should talk to them over the phone about their condition.
Life is not hard at all.
In the UK, that's how Drs are running their clinics now- over the phone. Atimes video calls are done.
Only urgent cases or emerge cries are asked to come into the hospital, otherwise come at your own peril. If a Dr/health worker catches it, he will infect many other patients and his/her colleagues .
Not practicable in Nigeria.
Illiteracy,poor or no telecommunications network, etc
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by iaamxavier(m): 2:18pm On May 09, 2020
Truthspoon1:
and have you considered that I may be in the health profession?

If you were you won't be trolling
So you aren't
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:19pm On May 09, 2020
Good but action is louder than words...Let them see alerts first
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 09, 2020
iaamxavier:

If you were you won't be trolling
So you aren't
maybe you misunderstood my initial comment. Well the interpretation is that 10k is too small and shouldn't even be celebrated.
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by apexc6133: 2:31pm On May 09, 2020
[color=#] 2677808[/color]
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by micflo28(m): 2:36pm On May 09, 2020
Let me go and buy form for nursing. But they need to subsidize the tuition fees and ease of enrollment into the the medical professional should be harped on more. Brilliant kids who want to study medicine and surgery couldn't cos they are from poor homes and can't fund it. They end up studying courses they were not cut out for.
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Dextre(m): 2:39pm On May 09, 2020
[quote author=Perfecttouchade post=89354815]

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/ogun-triples-doctors-hazard-allowances-offers-them-life-insurance/[/quote

Audio money everywhere
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 09, 2020
GOFRONT:
Nigeria is not worth dying for!!!......Even if they like make they Fourple, Fiveple or sixple the doctors hazard allowance, Nigeria continue to remain a Joke....
Gbam! besides they have not received any of the triple yet.
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 09, 2020
Audio triple.
Re: COVID-19: Ogun Triples Doctors Hazard Allowances, Offers Them Life Insurance by Onlyonebuhari: 2:42pm On May 09, 2020
Nazgul:
The should pay it first and doctors should confirm it before I commend them. I'm tired of hearing news like this only to later discover that it wasn't implemented. case study is the new minimum wage. many states are yet to implement it yet credit has been given to the federal government already.

Am a FG worker and that has been implemented since and arrears paid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG / How Lack Of Sleep Can Affect Your Health. / Thunderstorm Kills Three Anambra Pupils On Football Field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.