Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:25 AM

How Can The Governed Make Governance Better In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can The Governed Make Governance Better In Nigeria? (240 Views)

NIGERIANS MUST INSIST ON THE PRINCIPLE OF CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED ~ATLANTIC POST / Nigeria Third Worst Governed Country In The World - CGGI / Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can The Governed Make Governance Better In Nigeria? by Stoglins12(m): 6:28pm On May 09, 2020
One of the reasons why we are where we are in Nigeria is the #blaming_game that our politicians have resorted to. When a new government comes into power, the first 6 months would be used to receive congratulatory messages, the second 6 months would be used to select/appoint their cabinets.
The second year would be used to do a few out of the numerous projects expected of them and the populace would start clapping them as if they've used their great grandpa's resources for those projects, the opposition party would start compare and contrast. Even when they fart, they would still compare it to how the last administration could not fart as much as them.
Even when they fart, they would still compare it to how the last administration could not fart as much as them.
The opposition too will remind the incumbent of how they were good at defecating all over the street(the feat that no administration has ever matched).
The third year would come and it would be business as usual, campaigning for another term, blaming game continues, little project would be carried out to prepare the mind of the people towards their re-election.
Come the election period, they would contest again and win against the wish of the populace, no thanks to faulty, wrong and deceptive electoral system and also with the help of some gullible Nigerians.
This has been going on and on for years, despite the crying, yearning and struggling of the entire populace for a better governance.
#Hmmm... This is my submission: The world suffers a lot not only because of the violence of the bad people but also because of the silence of the good people, how then do we make the world a better place to live when the bad people do not allow the voice of the good ones to be heard even when they summoned courage to speak??
#God_Bless_Nigeria.

Re: How Can The Governed Make Governance Better In Nigeria? by dukeprince50: 6:37pm On May 09, 2020
reading...

modified
typing...

modified
I have nothing to say
Re: How Can The Governed Make Governance Better In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 09, 2020
What more do you want from the Nigerian people you Nigeria politicians? Even the Arabs were not having it this bad before it led to an Arab spring

Nigerians provide security, construct and repair roads an gutters, provide water etc.

What more should the Nigerian people do? kiss embarassed
Re: How Can The Governed Make Governance Better In Nigeria? by Stoglins12(m): 6:53pm On May 09, 2020
BabaOwen:
What more do you want from the Nigerian people you Nigeria politicians? Even the Arabs were not having it this bad before it led to an Arab spring

Nigerians provide security, construct and repair roads an gutters, provide water etc.

It seems you are mixing things up here bro, I'm not a politician and u don't even pray to be one considering the way it is being played here in Nigeria.
I'm a concerned Nigerian just like you, the question is what you should provide answer to.
Re: How Can The Governed Make Governance Better In Nigeria? by dangermouse(m): 6:54pm On May 09, 2020
Until Nigerian start voting in people with proven track records of achievement especially in the private sector, until we stop voting across tribal, ethnic and religous lines, until we start to hollistically hold our elected and public servants responsible, until then, Nigerians will continue to deserve the type of leaders and the kind of leadership they get!
Re: How Can The Governed Make Governance Better In Nigeria? by Stoglins12(m): 6:55pm On May 09, 2020
BabaOwen:

Re: How Can The Governed Make Governance Better In Nigeria? by Stoglins12(m): 6:58pm On May 09, 2020
BabaOwen:

You are mixing things up here bro, I'm not a politician and I don't pray to be one especially in Nigeria, no thanks to the way it is being played here in Nigeria.
I'm just a concerned citizen like you, that was why I asked that question.

(1) (Reply)

If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria / Should We Still Pay Light Bill? / Trouble In APC Again As Deputy Chairman, Lawal Shuaibu Blasts Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.