Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Where Is Our Onions? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Where Is Our Onions? (1044 Views)

Onions; The Silent Killer / How To Prepare Onions And Curry Sauce / A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Our Onions? by munagi: 9:38am On Jan 13, 2011
Onions is the most expensive foodstuff time one can buy now. What is happening and what do we use as a substitute? HELP!
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 13, 2011
My dear, I tireooo, e be like say all our onions farmers don enter politics, let's wait and see weather they go come back.
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 13, 2011
My dear, I tireooo, e be like say all our onions farmers don enter politics, let's wait and see weather they go come back.
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by amyliajane(f): 2:02pm On Jan 13, 2011
its now so freaking expensive sad sad sad
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2011
i have been wondering too. i mostly use onions to cook, but now i'm looking for a substitute.
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by tpia6: 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2011
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by WAVixen: 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2011
no be small thing o. Three miserable looking ones for 100 naria. angry
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by lao(f): 1:11am On Jan 16, 2011
When will Nigeria change?
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by ragdollz: 1:16am On Jan 16, 2011
Gosh, true story! Went home for Christmas, tried to buy veg at the neighborhood market-----my gosh!! The onions were small dusty bulbs going for 100s of naira. The carrots were shrivelled and blackish----I almost regretted not bringing some over!! Had to go very very far for some decent veg for my Xmas coleslaw grin! Naija don change oh, it wasn't this bad the last time I was home! Where are all the farmers at?? Abuja runs?? LOL.
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by cold(m): 1:22am On Jan 16, 2011
Most of these veggies are produced in the north-middlebelt if you like & Plateau state to be precise.With the protracted crises in that state it's been difficult moving these stuff down south thus the scarcity and spiralling prices
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by ragdollz: 1:25am On Jan 16, 2011
cold:

Most of these veggies are produced in the north-middlebelt if you like & Plateau state to be precise.With the protracted crises in that state it's been difficult moving these stuff down south thus the scarcity and spiralling prices

My dad said the same thing (about the Northern thingy). You need to shift to Shoprite to get decent food stuff nowadays grin grin. Na wa o, soon everybody will have to get rich in Naija or starve!!
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by cold(m): 1:29am On Jan 16, 2011
^^They sell onions in shoprite shocked forgive my ignorance o grin
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by ragdollz: 1:42am On Jan 16, 2011
cold:

^^They sell onions in shoprite shocked forgive my ignorance o grin

Yes oooh. Even rodo (chilli peppers) grin grin grin. Just like Tesco's or Asda/Sainsburys, there's a section for veg, all sealed up in packs.
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by cold(m): 1:50am On Jan 16, 2011
ragdollz:

Yes oooh. Even rodo (chilli peppers) grin grin grin. Just like Tesco's or Asda/Sainsburys, there's a section for veg, all sealed up in packs.
Ok i get it now,somehow i was thinking along that line.The high-street kinda store
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by ragdollz: 1:59am On Jan 16, 2011
cold:

Ok i get it now,somehow i was thinking along that line.The high-street kinda store

Lol, the only thing "high" is the price grin grin.
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by cold(m): 2:02am On Jan 16, 2011
ragdollz:

Lol, the only thing "high" is the price grin grin.
bwahahaha.Dayum this really cracked me up.99p store kinda products for Marks & Spencer prices grin
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by ragdollz: 2:05am On Jan 16, 2011
cold:

bwahahaha.Dayum this really cracked me up.99p store kinda products for Marks & Spencer prices grin

Lol grin grin, more like those open-air "Paki" stalls grin grin for the price of M & S grin grin grin. But we're trying shaa. We're making our own sausages now grin grin grin.
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by cold(m): 2:07am On Jan 16, 2011
ragdollz:

Lol grin grin, more like those open-air "Paki" stalls grin grin for the price of M & S grin grin grin. But we're trying shaa. We're making our own sausages now grin grin grin.
Wow!I'm impressed,honestly grin
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by ragdollz: 2:15am On Jan 16, 2011
cold:

Wow!I'm impressed,honestly grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Naija don suffer grin grin grin.
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by cold(m): 2:25am On Jan 16, 2011
ragdollz:

grin grin grin grin grin
Naija don suffer grin grin grin.
Tell me about it.But things must change,from sausages to real stuff.We're on the up & up
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by ragdollz: 2:26am On Jan 16, 2011
cold:

Tell me about it.But things must change,from sausages to real stuff.We're on the up & up

Yes, on the up and up, for the rich and loaded. What ever good things Nigeria has to offer, it's not going to trickle down to the masses, unfortunately angry angry cheesy.
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by cold(m): 2:30am On Jan 16, 2011
ragdollz:

Yes, on the up and up, for the rich and loaded. What ever good things Nigeria has to offer, it's not going to trickle down to the masses, unfortunately angry angry cheesy.
Don't be a 'half empty' kinda person.It may not be in our lifetime,maybe our children or children's children.But let's try to think of the glass as 'half full'.I'm having a hard time believing that myself
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by ragdollz: 2:32am On Jan 16, 2011
cold:

Don't be a 'half empty' kinda person.It may not be in our lifetime,maybe our children or children's children.But let's try to think of the glass as 'half full'.I'm having a hard time believing that myself

Nice bit of optimism there. Pardon me if I don't share it. If it aint NEPA, its the law enforcers (police, justice system etc) or the frigging unsafe environment with the armed robbers. Heard Mr Nigeria 2010 was shot 8 times and robbed. On his street!! All we can do is hope for the best for our kids and their kids!!
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by cold(m): 2:35am On Jan 16, 2011
ragdollz:

Nice bit of optimism there. Pardon me if I don't share it. If it aint NEPA, its the law enforcers (police, justice system etc) or the frigging unsafe environment with the armed robbers. Heard Mr Nigeria 2010 was shot 8 times and robbed. On his street!! All we can do is hope for the best for our kids and their kids!!
I feel you on that one but what can we do but hope.A man (meaning both sexes) is hopeless without hope,no pun intended
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by ragdollz: 2:50am On Jan 16, 2011
cold:

I feel you on that one but what can we do but hope.A man (meaning both sexes) is hopeless without hope,no pun intended

True that, @ cold. True that!
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by allenxbank: 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2011
can u chat on facebook now?
Re: Where Is Our Onions? by Nelson6(m): 2:27pm On Jan 25, 2011
i think garlic is good given its medicinal value . .tastes great in stew, jollof rice, sauce etc

maybe u will substitute it for onions

(1) (Reply)

Brands Throng Uyo For Ibom Foods And Beverages Fair (Photo) / See The Tomato I Bought Today / No. 1 Market Hub For Agricultural Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.