Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,123 members, 7,953,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:58 PM

Tell Your Experience Under Anaesthesia - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tell Your Experience Under Anaesthesia (445 Views)

Coronavirus: Share Your Experience Staying At Home / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors / Harassment From Male Doctors: Female Nurses/doctors, Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Your Experience Under Anaesthesia by jaszplus12(m): 9:34pm On May 10, 2020
Since the discovery of anaesthesia it's been very helpful in medicine especially during surgery.
Being under it one is bound to lose consciousness and control of our minds and senses therefore leading to hallucinations and spurting out words and sometimes leaking secrets!
In 1997 I needed to go under to get my shoulder fixed...as soon as I was asked "what's your name?" I recall losing consciousness and seeing myself "somewhere" I can't describe now...but I remember asking loudly "am I in heaven? And answering myself "no, cos if you're in heaven you'd be very happy" then I asked again "am I then in hell?" I answered myself saying "no you're not cos obviously you're not burning up!"
If you're able to recall some or all the things you saw or uttered let's have fun here!

2 Likes

Re: Tell Your Experience Under Anaesthesia by illicit(m): 9:37pm On May 10, 2020
hmmmm
I went to get my shoulder fixed too.
The doctor told me to lie down on a sort of bed.
a nurse and my boss were there.
The doctor kept talking to me and asking questions, then he said we have to wait for someone meanwhile he starts to inject me.

mehn.

That was where I lost consciousness but I really thought we were still having the conversation.
When I woke up later, my boss and the doctor had left, infact my boss was already in the next town. Only the nurse was at the foot of the bed and she was just laughing.

When I asked her where are the others and the person we are waiting for, she laughed more and more and finally she told me to work my shoulder that it's done.
I was surprised. I never knew I had passed out.
she asked me if I do drink alcohol, I said yes, she laughed the more. I asked why. she said she just knew.... I still don't know how she just knew till now.

But the kind of sweat I sweat as the drug was wearing off ehn, I haven't seen such before and never again. I was sweating like I was being drenched in rain and I felt groggy.

When my boss returned with my lunch and to take me home. I had lost appepite.
In the car I was at the back seat and he left the windows open as he sped off, I was still sweating that he was really alarmed.

At home, I left the lunch on the table, left my door open and slept for almost two good days before I became my normal self.

4 Likes

Re: Tell Your Experience Under Anaesthesia by drginger(f): 9:40pm On May 10, 2020
I like this topic
Re: Tell Your Experience Under Anaesthesia by Drosonogasta(m): 9:50pm On May 10, 2020
The highest level of immortality bro
Re: Tell Your Experience Under Anaesthesia by selfwife(f): 9:51pm On May 10, 2020
I have twice. I am convinced there is another world apart from this our Earth.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Your Experience Under Anaesthesia by ballerG(m): 10:32pm On May 10, 2020
Year 2000, once the needle went in, I was gone, then I started my journey out of the hospital just the way we walked in initially. Everywhere I had ever been in my young life then, I went back there during the journey. Woke up later with a heavy POP on my hand.

1 Like

Re: Tell Your Experience Under Anaesthesia by Passionate888: 11:06pm On May 10, 2020
I remember watching the series Nip/Tuck, there was an episode where a woman was put under but she felt the pains and heard everything that the surgeons said.

1 Like

Re: Tell Your Experience Under Anaesthesia by jaszplus12(m): 1:01am On May 11, 2020
illicit:
hmmmm
I went to get my shoulder fixed too.
The doctor told me to lie down on a sort of bed.
a nurse and my boss were there.
The doctor kept talking to me and asking questions, then he said we have to wait for someone meanwhile he starts to inject me.

mehn.

That was where I lost consciousness but I really thought we were still having the conversation.
When I woke up later, my boss and the doctor had left, infact my boss was already in the next town. Only the nurse was at the foot of the bed and she was just laughing.

When I asked her where are the others and the person we are waiting for, she laughed more and more and finally she told me to work my shoulder that it's done.
I was surprised. I never knew I had passed out.
she asked me if I do drink alcohol, I said yes, she laughed the more. I asked why. she said she just knew.... I still don't know how she just knew till now.

But the kind of sweat I sweat as the drug was wearing off ehn, I haven't seen such before and never again. I was sweating like I was being drenched in rain and I felt groggy.

When my boss returned with my lunch and to take me home. I had lost appepite.
In the car I was at the back seat and he left the windows open as he sped off, I was still sweating that he was really alarmed.

At home, I left the lunch on the table, left my door open and slept for almost two good days before I became my normal self.
Wow!!! What an experience!!

1 Like

Re: Tell Your Experience Under Anaesthesia by highbee02: 3:45am On May 11, 2020
Just reading comments, I'm about to have my own experience.

(1) (Reply)

Madagascar Slams WHO For Not Endorsing Its Herbal Cure / “coronavirus Is A Scam” – Nigerian University Professor Claims / How Long Does It Take To Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.