Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,142 members, 7,852,890 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

How To Qualify For Canada's 3 Years Post-graduate Work Permit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Qualify For Canada's 3 Years Post-graduate Work Permit (1016 Views)

His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Qualify For Canada's 3 Years Post-graduate Work Permit by cbhlznu(m): 12:35pm On May 11, 2020
I got a feedback from a student to help him decide which one to pick out of these 2 funding opportunities available to him to study in Canada.

QUESTION:

"Please help me determine which school is better. University of Saskatchewan with full funding (covers tuition for the 1 year masters and Living Expenses with extra change) or University of Calgary's 2-year masters with funding that covers tuition and Living Expenses for the first year only?
My Intention is to stay back though. Thank you boss"

MY UNBIASED REPLY:

I won't decide for you but only explained the details of the funding and how to explore it with the intent of getting your permanent residence status

If you decide to go for U of Calgary. You may get another funding for the 2nd year if you have excellent grade in your first year or at worst get to pay a very little amount of tuition fees. At the end of your program, you'll be eligible for 3 years Post-Graduate Work Permit which allows you to work for 3 years straight after studies in Canada.

If you decide to go for U of Saskatoon. At the end of your 1 year program, you will be eligible for 1 year Post-Graduate Work Permit, maybe by providence I have seen few cases of people who study for a year program and got 3 years PGWP but very rare as it is not the norm

How Does This Influence Your Permanent Residence Goal:

The easiest way for international student to become permanent resident is via Canadian experience Class. The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration program that allows individuals who have worked in Canada for at least one year to settle down permanently

Now, with your 1 year Post –Graduate Work Permit, it will be challenging to start work immediately your 1 year Post-Graduate Work Permit was issued i.e getting a job instantly and starting immediately. This means you won't be able to meet up with the 1 year Canadian work experience requirement to apply for permanent residence under Canadian experience class

With your 3 year Post-Graduate Work Permit, you'll have enough time in between applying for job, starting the job and doing the job for 1 year minimum even up to 2 years if you wish before applying for permanent residence status

You ask, if you decide to go for Uni of Saskatoon funding opportunity, how could you then get your Permanent residence status after study

MY FACTUAL RESPONSE:

1) You could decide to apply for another 1 year program/certification when done with your studies at Uni of Saskatoon so that you'll be eligible for 3 years PGWP

2) You could apply for permanent residence via the provincial nomination program in your province of study. There will always be a favorable way open up to international graduate by each Canadian province.

If you were in his shoe, which option will you go for

https://www.canadaburger.com.ng/2020/05/how-to-qualify-for-canadas-3-years-post.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Please Which Country Can I Travel To And Work With 2-3m Budget / Italy Visa Application Timeline / Lagos Jjc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.