Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? (908 Views)

Elections: Why Sitting Presidents Lose Aso Rock / 2023 Elections: Why APC And PDP Aspirants Must Bring A Consensus And Face Tinubu / 2019 Elections: Why INEC Boss, Mahmood Yakubu Should Be Prosecuted - HURIWA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by BluntNigerian: 2:51pm On May 11, 2020
The topic is straight-forward..
Instead of shifting the Edo and Ondo States Governorship elections, why not the NASS accelerate the review of the Electoral Act, so that INEC can go for the Electronic-Voting and save everybody the whole stress??
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by BluntNigerian: 2:52pm On May 11, 2020
Helinues, come back here and do something silly as usual.

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by correctyourself(m): 2:53pm On May 11, 2020
I was resting when somebody called me quoting my name and BVN number for me, claiming he is from my bank, but I asked a question which he was grubbing.

Some of the youth are not making us proud, if this is implemented we the poor would be used without we knowing that something is going on electronically.

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by Baawaa(m): 2:55pm On May 11, 2020
E-voting in Nigeria that is E-rigging
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by helinues: 2:55pm On May 11, 2020
BluntNigerian:
Helinues, come back here and do something silly as usual.

Can't you go and find your mate to engage with?

Don't let me report you for trolling oo
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by Yanmiriflathead: 2:56pm On May 11, 2020
So that ipob can hack into the Election Portal And win Elections for PDP abi?

2 Likes

Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by Yanmiriflathead: 2:56pm On May 11, 2020
N
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by KnowAll(m): 3:03pm On May 11, 2020
Register one mobile phone number to every registered electorate. The on Election Day every registered voter would choose their candidate by sending a text bingo!!

That way we would not only have saved money on conducting a manual one but we would have conducted a quick, fast, and transparent election without any fight, rancour or ballot snatching incidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by espn(m): 3:03pm On May 11, 2020
Normal voting hasn't worked...E-Voting?...Do they have the structure in place to even do that at the moment?
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by BluntNigerian: 3:10pm On May 11, 2020
helinues:

Can't you go and find your mate to engage with?

Don't let me report you for trolling oo
Remember you started it.
You wouldn't let me rest.
Now I have woken from sleep to play, and you wan run?
Run go where kwanu?
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by BluntNigerian: 3:12pm On May 11, 2020
correctyourself:
I was resting when somebody called me quoting my name and BVN number for me, claiming he is from my bank, but I asked a question which he was grubbing.

Some of the youth are not making us proud, if this is implemented we the poor would be used without we knowing that something is going on electronically.
@the_bolded.
What question did you ask him please?
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by phelonrays: 3:12pm On May 11, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
This thread need suggestions, if you ain't with any, move on don't resort to your normal diatribe routine,,,,

Get sense...

Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by BluntNigerian: 3:14pm On May 11, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
IPOB how?
What has ipob gat to do with this?
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by BluntNigerian: 3:19pm On May 11, 2020
KnowAll:
Register one mobile phone number to every registered electorate. The on Election Day every registered voter would choose their candidate by sending a text bingo!!

That way we would not only have saved money on conducting a manual one but we would have conducted a quick, fast, and transparent election without any fight, rancour or ballot snatching incidence.

My Brother,, Nigeria is badly leaking.
The Nigerian information management is very faulty.

Going by your suggestions, people would just buy lots of phone numbers.. Up to 1000 phone numbers.. Just for the purpose of election.
And even if INEC wants to use both the BVN and NIMC-NIN put together for the identification and verification process, these same leaders coupled with the INEC-umpires would still create big loopholes and create lots of irregularities..
And BOOM..
There would be massive rigging through the loopholes they themselves created
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by BluntNigerian: 3:23pm On May 11, 2020
KnowAll:

You have good intentions.
Keep up the positive mind.
We will get there one day.
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 11, 2020
Has there ever been any difference in the ones they've been voting in person.

Nigeria is not ready for such high level of sensitive technology.

Candidates will run down to India and China to hack the system and inflate the votes.
...that will be the new headlines.
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by BluntNigerian: 3:29pm On May 11, 2020
espn:
Normal voting hasn't worked...E-Voting?...Do they have the structure in place to even do that at the moment?
We are good at importing.
So, if it is already anywhere in this world, then, we can import it in Nigeria.
All it will take is money., and Nigeria has the money.
The only problem now is that, our leaders think that “majority of” Nigerians are not mentally and emotionally advanced enough to use such technology.
So you see, your leaders had already seen all of us as zombies and had taken some decisions based on their assumptions.
And now, they are still using the choices they supposedly made for us to do a lot of things against us.
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by espn(m): 3:45pm On May 11, 2020
BluntNigerian:
We are good at importing.
So, if it is already anywhere in this world, then, we can import it in Nigeria.
All it will take is money., and Nigeria has the money.
The only problem now is that, our leaders think that “majority of” Nigerians are not mentally and emotionally advanced enough to use such technology.
So you see, your leaders had already seen all of us as zombies and had taken some decisions based on their assumptions.
And now, they are still using the choices they supposedly made for us to do a lot of things against us.
I get your point...But my focus is on the time frame between now and when the election will take place...So many thing needs to be considered.
1. Devices needed must be imported (Covid 19)
2. Training of INEC staffs and other people that will be involved.
3. Educating the voters on how to go about it...

I could go on and on listing why it can't work for this election but very possible for subsequent election.

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by tk4rd: 3:48pm On May 11, 2020
NnaEnh:
Has there ever been any difference in the ones they've been voting in person.

Nigeria is not reason for such high level of sensitive technology.

Candidates will run down to India and China to hack the system and inflate the votes.
...that will be the new headlines.
grin grin
To be honest, a lot of people had already agreed that the default setting of a typical Nigerian is “Criminal Tendency”.
Now, you can imagine a Desperate Individual with an already pre-installed “Criminal Tendency” mindset.
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by tk4rd: 3:49pm On May 11, 2020
Lalasticlala..
Seun.
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 11, 2020
tk4rd:
grin grin
To be honest, a lot of people had already agreed that the default setting of a typical Nigerian is “Criminal Tendency”.
Now, you can imagine a Desperate Individual with an already pre-installed “Criminal Tendency” mindset.

Eggxactly!!

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by tk4rd: 3:54pm On May 11, 2020
phelonrays:
This thread need suggestions, if you ain't with any, move on don't resort to your normal diatribe routine,,,,

Get sense...
No mind the guy..
He is just another paid Zombie.
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by tk4rd: 3:55pm On May 11, 2020
NnaEnh:

Eggxactly!!
grin grin grin
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by BluntNigerian: 3:57pm On May 11, 2020
espn:
I get your point...But my focus is on the time frame between now and when the election will take place...So many thing needs to be considered.
1. Devices needed must be imported (Covid 19)
2. Training of INEC staffs and other people that will be involved.
3. Educating the voters on how to go about it...

I could go on and on listing why it can't work for this election but very possible for subsequent election.
I understand you...
But in all sincerity, it can work..
But that would be only if it really is what we want.
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by Miracle1991: 4:26pm On May 11, 2020
Now what will happen to the governors if they reach their four years? Are they going to step down? Or they will continue against the Constitution which stipulate 4 yrs for elected governors.
We are watching.......
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by tk4rd: 4:29pm On May 11, 2020
Miracle1991:
Now what will happen to the governors if they reach their four years? Are they going to step down? Or they will continue against the Constitution which stipulate 4 yrs for elected governors.
We are watching.......
How?
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by Melezenawii: 4:29pm On May 11, 2020
Good thread..WBRB
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by Miracle1991: 4:30pm On May 11, 2020
tk4rd:
How?
go back and read
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by BluntNigerian: 4:32pm On May 11, 2020
Miracle1991:
We are watching.......
Please Explain yourself better.
Meanwhile, both of them will complete their first four years this year..
If they are voted in again, then their second four years will expire in 2024.
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by BluntNigerian: 4:33pm On May 11, 2020
Melezenawii:
Good thread..WBRB
Thanks.
Lalasticlala.
Re: Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? by gretblue: 4:47pm On May 11, 2020
There is no provision for E voting in our electoral system as of today. Opting for e voting will surely make the results unconstitutional at the end of the exercise.
And if the election can not be held before their tenures expires, the Constitution say , Mr President shall appoint a sole administrator.
Not even the Gov will be in the office a minute after their tenures expire

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

FLASHBACK: When Yakassai, Brigadier Abba Kyari Tackled Ekwueme Over Abacha’s Sel / BREAKING: Ondo APC Chairman Resigns, Joins PDP / Press Briefing On The Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Ty Buratai's Meeting With Princ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.