Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say (3283 Views)

APC Vows To Arrest Anyone If They Protest, Disrupt President Tinubu UN Outing / CBN To Arrest Anyone Who Sprays, Steps On Naira Notes / Umahi: "Arrest Anyone Not Wearing Face Mask In Ebonyi" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by Sammy774(m): 4:25pm On May 11, 2020
Following the exchange of Almajiris between states, a 2nd republic Lawmaker, Dr. Junaid Muhammad, has called for the arrest and prosecution of security operatives at the borders that allow for Almajiris to be concealed in trailers like cows to smuggled to the Southern States.

Muhammad, who was speaking against the backdrop of a recent situation when South East, South-South States clamped down on Almajiris relocating from North, says he doesn’t believe the Almajiris treatment was necessary.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari in his COVID-19 broadcast on April 27, 2020, had talked about the new plan to ensure there is no movement between States, however, the security at the border posts have been compromising and letting the Almajiris to be smuggled to other States.

The ex-lawmaker told[https://obiesgist.home.blog/2020/05/11/arrest-anyone-that-stops-alamajiris-from-entering-their-states-ex-lawmaker-says/ ][/url]
Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by ojun50(m): 4:27pm On May 11, 2020
Come and pack ur people oh

1 Like

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by gift2xl: 4:30pm On May 11, 2020
Come pass enter river's state.
I trust Wike...dness, he will confiscate your truck send you back and take your cow's. grin

Laslas na tooth pick we go use.

9 Likes

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by ObongBona(m): 4:38pm On May 11, 2020
Can you imagine, all in the name of *one Nigeria*. It's beginning to clear for una eyes. Alamajiri pride of the North. Just carry your cross (pride) very straight.

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by agulion: 4:38pm On May 11, 2020
Nothing good comes out that Religion and region

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by sLentlover7778(m): 4:40pm On May 11, 2020
Use and dump zombies.. after using Almajiris to get enormous votes during election period ..you refused to cater for them now..

I don't know about other governor but in Wike I trust....

Ona go arrest tire...grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by Aboks(m): 5:00pm On May 11, 2020
Coming from a drunk keep your almajiri in your state rubbish

We don need child beggers in my state

Na to drink burantashi give woman belle wey pikin una no fit carter for

Make una near river na like dust bin we go pack una
I trust my governor

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by StreetFight: 6:55pm On May 11, 2020
Aboks:
Coming from a drunk keep your almajiri in your state rubbish

We don need child beggers in my state

Na to drink burantashi give woman belle wey pikin una no fit carter for

Make una near river na like dust bin we go pack una
I trust my governor

If you have any brain at all, you would have read the whole article. But, you didn't, because you have no brain.

The man said, Almajari system is bad and both the Almajaris and those that try to smuggle the Almajaris should be punished. The man further said that the Almajari system has no place in modern society.

But hatred and bitterness which your parents planted in you will not let you use your head.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by StreetFight: 6:56pm On May 11, 2020
agulion:
Nothing good comes out that Religion and region

But drugs trafficking, human trafficking, armed robbery and kidnapping which are the hallmarks of your region are worse than Almajaris

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by Fasindo: 6:59pm On May 11, 2020
shocked

Aboki will always reason like Aboki that he is

If there is anybody that should be arrested for not allowing Almajiri to enter their States and also deporting Almajiri it should northern governors starting with El Rufai.
The aboki should also call for arrest of Nigerian soldiers for killing Boko Haram cos both Almajiri and Boko Haram ar pride of the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by StreetFight: 6:59pm On May 11, 2020
Sammy774:
Following the exchange of Almajiris between states, a 2nd republic Lawmaker, Dr. Junaid Muhammad, has called for the arrest and prosecution of security operatives at the borders that allow for Almajiris to be concealed in trailers like cows to smuggled to the Southern States.

Muhammad, who was speaking against the backdrop of a recent situation when South East, South-South States clamped down on Almajiris relocating from North, says he doesn’t believe the Almajiris treatment was necessary.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari in his COVID-19 broadcast on April 27, 2020, had talked about the new plan to ensure there is no movement between States, however, the security at the border posts have been compromising and letting the Almajiris to be smuggled to other States.

The ex-lawmaker told[https://obiesgist.home.blog/2020/05/11/arrest-anyone-that-stops-alamajiris-from-entering-their-states-ex-lawmaker-says/ ][/url]

You lazy and jobless OP needs to be arrested and flogged mercilessly for maliciously misinterpreting the ex lawmaker. You are a big thief and should be treated as such.

5 Likes

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by omoharry(f): 8:17pm On May 11, 2020

The ex-lawmaker told TheGuardian Newspaper that his views for the past 60 years on Almajerai has not changed. “I don’t believe the almajiri is necessary, I don’t believe it is politics or religion, I don’t believe it is in the interest of our country to allow this unhealthy phenomenon.

“It is economically counterproductive, it does not help in developing the country or developing the young men who are the Almajerai.

“If they are brought up to be almajerai most of them does not know the Koran, they don’t know modern education, they have no trade, no job, they have no training, so as far as I am concerned it is, in fact, an abuse of these children who are brought up to be almajerai.”

He said on top of that, it is important to realise that if the almajerias decide to get married, there is a responsibility attached to that marriage, if they decide to have a child there is a responsibility attached to then as far as that child is concerned.

“The idea that you can decide to get married and start producing children like rats is simply uncalled for and in the long run a criminal offence as far as I am concerned.

“Bringing up a child in this modern age of the 21st century who is not educated, who knows nothing about religion, who knows nothing about any profession is also a crime against humanity.”

“So as far as I am concerned, whatever the inconveniencies these almajerai are subjected to, I am all for it, because I want it discouraged, and at some point in the near future, I want it completely to be stopped because we have the people who have refuse to really stamp their feet on the ground to put a stop to it simply because they don’t have the political will”.

He explained further that the people who are supposed to say no, don’t do so.

“Secondly there is also the idea that because of our liberal nature you can travel all the way from Lagos to Maiduguri to Sokoto to Calabar, without being harassed because they take advantage of that to go and now have so many colonies of Almajiris in so many places where the culture is not there.”

He said as far as he is concerned he has no problem with them being treated in a shabby manner adding that if they are caught they should be apprehended.

“The almajerai may be innocent but those who facilitate their journeys should be arrested and jailed. Unless we put our foot down we are not going to have an end to this criminality.

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by slerry(f): 8:25pm On May 11, 2020
the headline is deceitful. read d story and u will understand that he is making a point. my sophisticated Afonja brown roof neighbor won't read but jump into conclusion.
Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by Optional09: 8:46pm On May 11, 2020
I can’t blame him, i blame the Southern lawmaker who allows Northern lawmakers to implement laws that are against Nigeria’s constitution thinking it will only affect the North. When they implemented Sharia they thought it will affect the North but the south carries the responsibilities of those disabled by Sharia. They ended up as liabilities on the South
Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by IDeyNL: 8:55pm On May 11, 2020
We will welcome them in SW.

We need their support.
Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by mytime24(f): 9:01pm On May 11, 2020
Share them to each states like their own Allocation na undecided

lubbish angry
Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by doggedfighter(f): 9:05pm On May 11, 2020
Who will believe that this day will come.

A day when almajiris will be rejected by the monsters that created them.
Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by Sammy774(m): 9:10pm On May 11, 2020
Slerry u could have read the whole article before saying that the headline is deceit that is why the link is providing for

1 Like

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by Sammy774(m): 9:11pm On May 11, 2020
900winer:
The Ops is very stupid for the misleading heading.
IDeyNL:
We will welcome them in SW.

We need their support.
That u did not read the whole article
Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by FisifunKododada: 9:45pm On May 11, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by yuswrld20(m): 11:42pm On May 11, 2020
from boko haram to badoo to 1 million and lots now al majiris.y is this country neva free of bondage
Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by Aboks(m): 12:18am On May 12, 2020
StreetFight:

If you have any brain at all, you would have read the whole article. But, you didn't, because you have no brain.

The man said, Almajari system is bad and both the Almajaris and those that try to smuggle the Almajaris should be punished. The man further said that the Almajari system has no place in modern society.

But hatred and bitterness which your parents planted in you will not let you use your head.

I see u and ya parents wey get brain ewu ohia

1 Like

Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:26am On May 12, 2020
The North no longer export rice and beans only, they have diversified into Almajari exportation also, tiyin o ni daa, awon akoshi bero
Re: Arrest Anyone That Stops Alamajiris From Entering Their States – Ex-lawmaker Say by Ikinternational: 3:40am On May 12, 2020
I'm so confused by what I just read. The headline and details didn't match up

(1) (2) (Reply)

The General Ditari Of Ijaw That Declared War On Nigeria Yesterday (pics Attached / ESN killed fake fulani Nairalander exposed - VIDEO / I Changed My Mind, Obi Won’t Win 5% Of The Votes In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.