Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Boss Mustapha Ignores Nigerian Covid19 Drug: Set To Import Madagascar Drug - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Boss Mustapha Ignores Nigerian Covid19 Drug: Set To Import Madagascar Drug (291 Views)

COVID-19: We May Be Counting Bodies In Hundreds In Next 3 Weeks - Boss Mustapha / We Want Tailors To Start Using Ankara To Make Face Masks - Boss Mustapha / Boss Mustapha: I Never Knew Nigeria’s Healthcare Infrastructure Was In Bad State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boss Mustapha Ignores Nigerian Covid19 Drug: Set To Import Madagascar Drug by cuteboy2: 6:16pm On May 11, 2020
PART 1 SCENE 1:

Sometimes, one cannot help but wonder if Nigeria is cursed. We are hooked on importation even when we have similar or better alternatives locally.

Today, The Nation newspaper reported that Boss Mustapha, the Chairman of the PTF on Covid-19 is reported to have said the following:

https://thenationonlineng.net/madagascars-covid-19-cure-drugs-sent-to-nigeria/

“I was reading of the experiences in Madagascar– of why everybody is drinking some solutions that have been prepared. This morning I was sharing with my wife, and I told her that probably I would request that Mr. President allow us import a plane load for a trial".

He had a bedroom talk with his wife that he will ask the President permit him import a PLANE LOAD of Madagascar herbal Covid19 palliatives organic.
These are the bodies Boss Mustapha should be discussing with to coordinate the trial, not his wife:
(1) The Presidential Task Force on Covid-19
(2) Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
(3) Nigerian Institute Of Medical Research (Nimr)
(4) National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD)
(5) National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
(6) Pharmaceutical Society Of Nigeria (PSN National)

PART 1 SCENE 2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/covid-19-cure-fg-yet-to-show-interest-in-our-drug-iwu/

Meanwhile, Prof Maurice Iwu, respected authority in Pharmacognosy has proposed two compounds that already have NAFDAC approval before Covid-19 breakout, for trial to Minister for Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonnanya Onu. These compounds have shown efficacy in the lab, but he needs FG approval for trial on humans. The drug was previously approved for other ailments, so toxicity is known. He is simply asking for wide scale trial and re-purposing specifically for Covid-19.

For weeks now Prof Iwu has been featured on TVC programmes begging Federal Govt to allow him carry out trails on Covid19 who at the moment are in Federal Govt Isolation Centres. He is being roundly ignored.

Fast-forward to this week. Madagascar just announced it's organic Covid19 solution. Sharp sharp, Boss Mustapha has jumped into action to secure Buhari's approval to import a plane load for trial. Are we cursed as a people to be enslaved to other nations??

1 Share

Re: Boss Mustapha Ignores Nigerian Covid19 Drug: Set To Import Madagascar Drug by Garrieveryday: 6:18pm On May 11, 2020
angry

(1) (Reply)

Medical Director Of Kastina General Hospital Dies Of COVID-19 / Why Suffer? Get Rid Of Fibroids Today Without Surgery. / NCDC Records 184 New Cases Of COVID19 In Nigeria, 13th May, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.