Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,415 members, 7,853,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

The Demolition Of Hotels By Governor Wike - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Demolition Of Hotels By Governor Wike (170 Views)

Abia State Deep Seaport Set For Construction By Governor Alex Otti / Governor Wike Revealed What Tinubu Told Him During The Primary's / Reception Of The Corpse Of Dr Alex Ekwueme By Governor Willie Obiano (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Demolition Of Hotels By Governor Wike by KingsleyOnwuka1(m): 7:31pm On May 11, 2020
From the standpoint of empathy I don’t like the demolition of the two hotels by Governor Wike, I don’t like the economic loss that the demolition means to the owners of the hotels and their employees. As a non-lawyer, I lack the professional standing or authority to say whether or not Wike’s demolition action is lawful. I only agree with those who think that the governor's action of demolishing the two hotels was hasty and too strident. I also agree with those who think that the governor should have seized and converted the two hotels to isolation centers, it really would have made more sense if he did so. All the same, I agree with the governor on the point that people should know that the government will do what it says it will do if people flout any particular rule or directive of the government. At some times the government should demonstrate its capacity to act decisively against those that commit infraction, so that other people would be deterred from committing infraction. Now that the deed has been done, the owners of the hotels should go to court (so that our jurisprudence will be further enriched).

(1) (Reply)

GIS And Remote Sensing In Disaster Risk Management Course.20th To 24th July 2020 / A Must Watch On Nnamdi Kanu's Health Crisis / What Will The Child You Once Were Think Of The Adult You Are Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.