Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

What It Takes To Get Admitted To Top MBA/engineering Programs In The USA And RoW - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What It Takes To Get Admitted To Top MBA/engineering Programs In The USA And RoW (573 Views)

Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University / Comparing Graduate School In The USA and UK / "I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What It Takes To Get Admitted To Top MBA/engineering Programs In The USA And RoW by DreManuel(m): 9:34pm On May 11, 2020
Hey there,

I created this thread to offer some tips on how to get admitted into top b-schools in the world with a focus on written tests (GRE/GMAT), LoR, Essays, and other aspects. I will also share my experiences as per life at b-school/on campus, and how to thrive as a Nigerian student among other things. To ensure that my answers are targeted, I'd mostly do this by responding to questions that people might have. I encourage other folks with experience to chime in to deepen the conversation.

A little about me: I obtained an Engineering Master's degree from one of the topmost engineering universities in the U.S., and currently pursues an MBA at one of the most prestigious universities in the world.

Welcome aboard.

Stay +ve, Test -ve.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: What It Takes To Get Admitted To Top MBA/engineering Programs In The USA And RoW by Eniolakiite(f): 5:33pm On May 14, 2020
Thanks for the thread

If I may ask, why are you pursuing MBA after the Engineering Masters? Any particular reason smiley

DreManuel:
Hey there,

I created this thread to offer some tips on how to get admitted into top b-schools in the world with a focus on written tests (GRE/GMAT), LoR, Essays, and other aspects. I will also share my experiences as per life at b-school/on campus, and how to thrive as a Nigerian student among other things. To ensure that my answers are targeted, I'd mostly do this by responding to questions that people might have. I encourage other folks with experience to chime in to deepen the conversation.

A little about me: I obtained an Engineering Master's degree from one of the topmost engineering universities in the U.S., and currently pursues an MBA at one of the most prestigious universities in the world.

Welcome aboard.

Stay +ve, Test -ve.

Cheers.
Re: What It Takes To Get Admitted To Top MBA/engineering Programs In The USA And RoW by DreManuel(m): 6:13pm On May 14, 2020
Eniolakiite:
Thanks for the thread

If I may ask, why are you pursuing MBA after the Engineering Masters? Any particular reason smiley

That’s a good question.

My reasons are fairly straightforward. Most of the job opportunities I had in the course of my engineering master’s were at the entry level but I wanted to begin my career at the middle-management cadre in the US given the years of experience I had back in Nigeria. Thus I realized that an MBA would easily pave that way for me.

Furthermore, I wanted a less technical role and more of strategy/ business development. MBA offers the opportunity to pivot. In fact, one of my friends moved from a teaching career to investment banking and another into consulting. An MBA offered them such possibility.

Finally, I wanted a network I could leverage for my mid and long term goals. I didn’t have that through my engineering degree.

People have different reasons but those were mine. On a shallow level, post-MBA pay was attractive to me too!

2 Likes

Re: What It Takes To Get Admitted To Top MBA/engineering Programs In The USA And RoW by Eniolakiite(f): 6:33pm On May 14, 2020
Quite impressive reasons

I really understand better now

Thanks

DreManuel:

That’s a good question.

My reasons are fairly straightforward. Most of the job opportunities I had in the course of my engineering master’s were at the entry level but I wanted to begin my career at the middle-management cadre in the US given the years of experience I had back in Nigeria. Thus I realized that an MBA would easily pave that way for me.

Furthermore, I wanted a less technical role and more of strategy/ business development. MBA offers the opportunity to pivot. In fact, one of my friends moved from a teaching career to investment banking and another into consulting. An MBA offered them such possibility.

Finally, I wanted a network I could leverage for my mid and long term goals. I didn’t have that through my engineering degree.

People have different reasons but those were mine. On a shallow level, post-MBA pay was attractive to me too!

1 Like

Re: What It Takes To Get Admitted To Top MBA/engineering Programs In The USA And RoW by Sherlock5577: 1:46am On May 16, 2020
DreManuel:
Hey there,

Welcome aboard.

Stay +ve, Test -ve.

Cheers.
Nice Initiative DreManuel. Followed a couple of your posts back then on the GRE thread!!

1 Like

Re: What It Takes To Get Admitted To Top MBA/engineering Programs In The USA And RoW by DreManuel(m): 2:19am On May 16, 2020
Sherlock5577:

Nice Initiative DreManuel. Followed a couple of your posts back then on the GRE thread!!

It’s good to have you here Sherlock5577

1 Like

Re: What It Takes To Get Admitted To Top MBA/engineering Programs In The USA And RoW by Ekuns007: 9:54pm On May 16, 2020
Hello DreManuel...Can we chat privately, need to ask you some question. Pls hi me on ekunseitank@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: What It Takes To Get Admitted To Top MBA/engineering Programs In The USA And RoW by DreManuel(m): 10:08pm On May 16, 2020
Ekuns007:
Hello DreManuel...Can we chat privately, need to ask you some question. Pls hi me on ekunseitank@yahoo.com. Thank you

Do you have any personal questions? Otherwise, it might be best to ask here because there is a chance that others might benefit from the conversion or contribute.
Re: What It Takes To Get Admitted To Top MBA/engineering Programs In The USA And RoW by Sherlock5577: 1:23am On May 17, 2020
DreManuel:

It’s good to have you here Sherlock5577
Thanks boss. I would be glad to help!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Protest In Ozoro Poly As Students Reject N5, 000 Covid 19 Fee / Class 6-9 Assignment Answer / Committee On Needs Assessment Of Nigerian Public Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.