Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. (565 Views)

I Just Had My 4th Child At 26 / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me / Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. by jaksmillioniar: 9:54pm On May 11, 2020
Most women don’t have a problem with unconditional love– as long as they’re getting it. Most women understand the concept. What we don’t understand is the concept of unconditional respect. Yeah. That’s a struggle for a lot of us.
If you’re thinking, “What if he doesn’t deserve my respect?” You’d be normal. Or “I’m not giving him respect until he’s earned it;” you’d be even more normal.
Respect has nothing to do with him and everything to do with the kind of person you want to be.
A lot of women aren’t taught to respect their husbands. And, they don’t realize how important it is that they learn.
The Apostle Paul gave women the key to a happy marriage over 2000 years ago. Respect your husbands. Seems hardly fair. Paul was a man.
Yeah, but he’s right. We’ve got to suck it up . Men need respect. God made them that way. It ranks a few notches below oxygen. Your husband needs it thrive. It’s what allows him to be all he can be. And, his wife is a major contributor to his respect account.
He will love her better if she respects him.
Wait. A. Minute. Shouldn’t he just love me?
He should. But, he should love you whether you’re lovable or not. And, you should respect him whether he’s respectable or not.
We tend to think it’s all about us and what we want and need. If he’s not loving us the way he should, we’re not happy. Joy shouldn’t be dependent on what our husband does or doesn’t do.
Our happiness is tied to Jesus. If we take our eyes off ourselves and put them God, we become more confident in who we are in Him. And we realize our happiness is not contingent upon another person. And we’re free to respect sacrificially.
Okay. Okay. I get it. He needs respect. But what does respect look like? What does it
mean? How do I show it? What if he doesn’t deserve it?
26 Ways to Show Respect
Respect is not a one size fits all. And what your husband finds respectable another man might not. But here are some common themes that run throughout the showing respect spectrum:
1. Take care of your soul and yourself .
2. Deal with your own emotional issues so you are free to be respectful.
3. Encourage him with your words and actions. A lot of times we can show respect by what we don’t say, if you know what I mean.
4. Kiss him when you see him at the end of the day.
5. Greet him when you see him.
6. Try not to interrupt him when he’s speaking.
7. Avoid eye rolling, lip pursing or sighing during conversation.
8. Even if you don’t agree with him, try to understand where he’s coming from.
9. Say “please” and “thank you.”
10. Let him know you appreciate him for who he is, not what he does.
11. Initiate intimacy.
12. Compliment him.
13. Avoid criticizing him in front of others.
14. Look at him when he speaks.
15. Before you speak ask yourself, “Are my words kind and encouraging?”
16. Avoid correcting or “helping” him when you ask him to do something.
17. Try not to be sarcastic.
18. Respect his likes and dislikes.
19. Go to bed when he goes to bed.
20. Give him your BOD ( benefit of the doubt).
21. Ask for his advice.
22. Look nice for him.
23. Pick up the house before he comes home
24. Show your kids he’s your priority.
25. Tell him how he makes your life better.
26. Do something he likes with him. Allow him to teach you how to do it.
www.jakandeola.org

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. by vickydankal(f): 10:24pm On May 11, 2020
I love the write up but no matter what you do if you marry the wrong person the things above may not count

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. by jaksmillioniar: 11:00pm On May 11, 2020
refiner ireneony genea rosalieene rosieluv makydebbie xhosanostra cococandy pocohantas yettymuse Graxie ahnie eyinjuege bukatyne sarrki biglittlelois
Re: 26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. by jaksmillioniar: 11:02pm On May 11, 2020
vickydankal:
I love the write up but no matter what you do if you marry the wrong person the things above may not count
god bless u dear is just normal DAT most girls shd shine eye b4 marriage

1 Like

Re: 26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. by jaksmillioniar: 11:04pm On May 11, 2020
daeylar canadiannaija repogirl cuddlebugie irongalaxy ginaz elektra
Re: 26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 11, 2020
If you like do all these and more, game wey go cut go still cut....... understanding matters a lot
Re: 26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. by Saintmary(f): 12:00am On May 12, 2020
People like you disgust me,
Why don't you ask women to bend over backwards and chip away their skin inch by inch so you can feel good.
You need respect, it's the air you breathe, but you can't respect yourselves enough to see a relationship through and do your own parts first even when you are the initiators, or do women ask men to marry them?
Abeg shift.
Re: 26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. by jeff1607(m): 3:46am On May 12, 2020
vickydankal:

I concur

1 Like

Re: 26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. by OSDD(m): 11:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
No be you dey form mike Tyson for your wife??
PBloody hypocrite

1 Like

Re: 26 Ways To Be Respectful Wife. by Cookie14: 12:08am On Nov 30, 2021
You forgot to add, die when he dies. The nos 19 though....

(1) (Reply)

Dear Anonymous Helper God Bless You / Why Wasy Expensiverichyb Thread Deleted / Weight Management Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.