Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Popular Misconceptions You Have Heard - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Popular Misconceptions You Have Heard (238 Views)

Common Misconceptions About Women Breast Milk / What's The Funniest Thing You've Heard From A Child? / What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Misconceptions You Have Heard by shegemenge(m): 10:20am On May 12, 2020
A couple of days back, a Chameleon was intercepted at our yard by queen, our dog.
Her barking alerted me and I raced behind the house to investigate the cause.
On arrival, I found that it had a Chameleon at sight. Afraid to go too close, I used a stick in pinning it down and transferred it to a container from where we could observe it closely. All the while, my other siblings had taken different positions behind me, scared to come too close as well.
From stories I heard about them, I understand they can be pretty dangerous, hence, the need for caution.
Nobody wants to be harmed now as everyone is careful considering the current pandemic ravaging the whole world.
After successfully capturing our latest pet, we realised that our cousin who came visiting because of the shut down of her school, remained in her room, peeping through the window while the whole operation was going on.
We began discussions about Chameleons generally, everybody saying what they know about the pretty reptile.
Shortly after, she walked out and in her own contribution to the discussion, she dropped the bomb! She said, "Chameleons can suck your brain, if you play or get too close to them."
It was then we understood her reason for remaining indoors while we were busy observing how it was changing it's skin color, blending with the environment.
I then began to wonder how long she had held on to that misconception about innocent Chameleons, accusing them of sucking one's brain. How ridiculous!
Dear Nairalanders, what other misconceptions have you heard or held on to.
Re: Popular Misconceptions You Have Heard by Chrisemeka1(m): 10:52am On May 12, 2020
That Buhari's adminstration has something good to offer the nation
Re: Popular Misconceptions You Have Heard by PlayerMeji: 11:13am On May 12, 2020
That Police is your friend!
Re: Popular Misconceptions You Have Heard by sanesta: 11:20am On May 12, 2020
Bail is free
Re: Popular Misconceptions You Have Heard by simonlee(m): 11:40am On May 12, 2020
"the patient dog eats the fattest bone"

(1) (Reply)

Kerosene Fire Kills One, Injures Two Siblings In Anambra / PLEASE ADVISE!! After Paying N580k Bride Price My Husband Said He Doesn’t Owe... / How To Achieve A Flawless Skin From Your Kitchen (the Spicy Way).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.