Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,712 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

At What Age Does The Human Brain Start Storing Events - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / At What Age Does The Human Brain Start Storing Events (282 Views)

What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? / 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body / At What Age Does Growing Taller Stop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Does The Human Brain Start Storing Events by Moneywirer: 10:52am On May 12, 2020
Been thinking about this for sometime. I try to think of my brain as a shoe rack with layers. And I like to think the topmost layer contains events that happened earliest in my life.
I try harder to push further to see if I can remember any events that took place before I was 3, but I just can't.
The only memory of an event stored in that topmost layer is that which happened when I was in nursery one.

So do you think some adults can really remember events from when they were less than 3?
Re: At What Age Does The Human Brain Start Storing Events by youngest85(m): 10:57am On May 12, 2020
Age 3
Re: At What Age Does The Human Brain Start Storing Events by dawnomike(m): 11:21am On May 12, 2020
Moneywirer:
Been thinking about this for sometime. I try to think of my brain as a shoe rack with layers. And I like to think the topmost layer contains events that happened earliest in my life.
I try harder to push further to see if I can remember any events that took place before I was 3, but I just can't.
The only memory of an event stored in that topmost layer is that which happened when I was in nursery one.

So do you think some adults can really remember events from when they were less than 3?
They can remember just a fragment of such events while some can't remember at all... It all depends on individual brains

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Does The Human Brain Start Storing Events by Moneywirer: 11:30am On May 12, 2020
dawnomike:
They can remember just a fragment of such events while some can't remember at all... It all depends on individual brains

Is there a reason why those particular events stay intact??
Like my first memory which I mentioned earlier, I remember I was outside our classroom then(nursery 1).
It was shortly after our break time, we had had lunch and the classroom was all messed up and our teacher asked us to go sit outside so she could tidy up the classroom, so we were sitting outside and I was discussing with my classmate.

Now I'm trying to find out why that event has to be my only memory from when I was 3
Re: At What Age Does The Human Brain Start Storing Events by Yustash001(m): 11:47am On May 12, 2020
Mine started at 6...there are some event that I witnessed then that I can narrate well

(1) (Reply)

Who Pays For The Treatment Of Coronavirus Patients In Nigeria? / Managing Hypertension During The Convid-19 Pandemic / Nigeria Is Good As Gone 288 New Cases With 171 Death As Cases Hit 5445

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.