Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Should - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Should (684 Views)

Turkey Production In Nigeria / Catfish Production / Hatchery Manager / Rice Production In Nigeria Hits 15 Million Tonnes — Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should by GreenDestiny2: 11:47am On May 12, 2020
I have c
Re: Should by majamajic(m): 11:57am On May 12, 2020
A catfish pond near my house , half of all the Small small fish inside the pond died yesterday , the cause we don't know , about 300 fish gone
Re: Should by Nobody: 11:59am On May 12, 2020
The bitter truth is that catfish biz is not as easy as most information marketers make it seem,in my years into catfish biz am yet to see anyone who built a house,bought a car or got married from the profits of catfish biz but all I keep seeing is losses upon losses,farms going bankrupt, catfish farmers going into huge debts that has brought pains and sorrows to families.

For you to be able to make headway in catfish biz it requires adequate training and experience about the biz or else you might get burnt.And note that if you haven't started hatching your own fingerlings yourself then you haven't started the business,ensure you get a place where their is stable electricity,try as much as possible to prepare your own feeds yourself to save cost,do proper monitoring of your fishes and always sort your fishes at least weekly to reduce cannibalism,you can also try out using maggots or dead chickens to boost their weight.

As for marketing, catfish is high in demand and selling them off shouldn't be a problem no matter the economic state of the country.

Am talking from experience as former catfish dealer and farmer.

1 Like

Re: Should by waleyp(m): 12:09pm On May 12, 2020
Its A Good Business You Can Make It Through CatFish FarmInG, But You Need To Know In And Out Of It.There People Making It. Firstly You Need Training, You Need A Mentor As Well

1 Like

Re: Should by waleyp(m): 12:13pm On May 12, 2020
But You Didnt Try To Find Out The Cause? Maybe Over FeeInG And If Its Over FeeDInG Stop FeeDInG Them For Like 3 Days And Keep ChangiNG Their Water Every Day But Try Find The Cause
majamajic:
A catfish pond near my house , half of all the Small small fish inside the pond died yesterday , the cause we don't know , about 300 fish gone
Re: Should by Ernerstdavid55(m): 12:33pm On May 12, 2020
majamajic:
grin u funny o see they u mentioned die even me self I fear, I think say na person die
Re: Should by GreenDestiny2: 12:38pm On May 12, 2020
waleyp:
But You Didnt Try To Find Out The Cause? Maybe Over FeeInG And If Its Over FeeDInG Stop FeeDInG Them For Like 3 Days And Keep ChangiNG Their Water Every Day But Try Find The Cause

Is it possibl
Re: Should by majamajic(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2020
waleyp:

She has 3 big pond , only one has that issue . 2 is ok , they got same feed , but 2 dey safe , the cause we don't know till now , but the dead ones get big belle
Re: Should by GreenDestiny2: 12:52pm On May 12, 2020
Please I need answer to the crucial question of if sales won't be affected as a result of economic problem.
Re: Should by Nikflow96(m): 3:19pm On May 12, 2020
GreenDestiny2:
Please I need answer to the crucial question of if sales won't be affected as a result of economic problem.

It won't be affected
Re: Should by waleyp(m): 8:22pm On May 12, 2020
Try change the water and don't give them for feed for now, monitor them for like 3 days, check if there would still be mortality
majamajic:

She has 3 big pond , only one has that issue . 2 is ok , they got same feed , but 2 dey safe , the cause we don't know till now , but the dead ones get big belle
Re: Should by waleyp(m): 8:23pm On May 12, 2020
Lol you don't tell us your type of pond, but I only said that because he probs and he needs ways to find solution.
GreenDestiny2:

Is it possible to change water everyday in a fish pond and not run into debt?
Re: Should by majamajic(m): 8:28pm On May 12, 2020
waleyp:
Try change the water and don't give them for feed for now, monitor them for like 3 days, check if there would still be mortality

Ok thanks
Re: Should by waleyp(m): 8:59pm On May 12, 2020
Update us okay?
majamajic:

Ok thanks
Re: Should by Fish4wealth: 9:28pm On May 12, 2020
I read this and wasn't impressed. Each paragraphs takes different positions and this makes the entire comments misunderstanding.

You started by saying, "I'm yet to see...." If you haven't seen, it doesn't mean that their are no such successful catfish farmer.

Tell me a legitimate business in production line that the owner within a year to three years got enough profit to achieve those things you mentioned.

If you're really an entrepreneur or business owner with good knowledge of breakeven let alone profit making....you had known how long(minimum) of year(s) to start thinking of profit.

You must have been deluded by such acclaimed successful business owner/entrepreneur, who actually got loan to buy car or build a house to showcase their business success... (The more you look, the less you see).

Again, in your second paragraph, you affirm that if one is not into fingerlings production, he cannot make an headway, such is not even in the business yet...whaooo....what a conclusion.

I find it tiring to reply all your comments in discouragement to the Op's question........

The fact remains, catfish business is a professional business but sadly many rushed into it believing this is farming/hobby and they are rushed out. They lack all the basics and fundamental experience to establish their farms having wrong orientation and mindset.

@Ops, like any other professional business, catfish farming is profitable if you get the right knowledge and knowledge is not CHEAP.

Weedsmoker:
The bitter truth is that catfish biz is not as easy as most information marketers make it seem,in my years into catfish biz [s]am yet to see anyone who built a house,bought a car or got married from the profits of catfish biz [/s]but all I keep seeing is losses upon losses,farms going bankrupt, catfish farmers going into huge debts that has brought pains and sorrows to families.

For you to be able to make headway in catfish biz it requires adequate training and experience about the biz or else you might get burnt.[s]And note that if you haven't started hatching your own fingerlings yourself then you haven't started the business[/s],ensure you get a place where their is stable electricity,try as much as possible to prepare your own feeds yourself to save cost,do proper monitoring of your fishes and always sort your fishes at least weekly to reduce cannibalism,you can also try out using maggots or dead chickens to boost their weight.

As for marketing, catfish is high in demand and selling them off shouldn't be a problem no matter the economic state of the country.

Re: Should by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 12, 2020
Fish4wealth:
I read this and wasn't impressed. Each paragraphs takes different positions and this makes the entire comments misunderstanding.

You started by saying, "I'm yet to see...." If you haven't seen, it doesn't mean that their are no such successful catfish farmer.

Tell me a legitimate business in production line that the owner within a year to three years got enough profit to achieve those things you mentioned.

If you're really an entrepreneur or business owner with good knowledge of breakeven let alone profit making....you had known how long(minimum) of year(s) to start thinking of profit.

You must have been deluded by such acclaimed successful business owner/entrepreneur, who actually got loan to buy car or build a house to showcase their business success... (The more you look, the less you see).

Again, in your second paragraph, you affirm that if one is not into fingerlings production, he cannot make an headway, such is not even in the business yet...whaooo....what a conclusion.

I find it tiring to reply all your comments in discouragement to the Op's question........

The fact remains, catfish business is a professional business but sadly many rushed into it believing this is farming/hobby and they are rushed out. They lack all the basics and fundamental experience to establish their farms having wrong orientation and mindset.

@Ops, like any other professional business, catfish farming is profitable if you get the right knowledge and knowledge is not CHEAP.

Crawl back to whatever hole you crawled out from,I didn't make the post to impress you or anyone.What I just spilled is the bitter truth about catfish business.

I know why you sound pained, because you are a catfish information marketer that has no idea about practical fish farming just only theory.

For your information,I was once a fish farmer and have managed large catfish farms,I have lots of family members and friends that are into the biz, when I talk,I talk from experience not just what I read online.
Re: Should by adisabarber(m): 12:12am On May 13, 2020
Weedsmoker:
The bitter truth is that catfish biz is not as easy as most information marketers make it seem,in my years into catfish biz am yet to see anyone who built a house,bought a car or got married from the profits of catfish biz but all I keep seeing is losses upon losses,farms going bankrupt, catfish farmers going into huge debts that has brought pains and sorrows to families.

For you to be able to make headway in catfish biz it requires adequate training and experience about the biz or else you might get burnt.And note that if you haven't started hatching your own fingerlings yourself then you haven't started the business,ensure you get a place where their is stable electricity,try as much as possible to prepare your own feeds yourself to save cost,do proper monitoring of your fishes and always sort your fishes at least weekly to reduce cannibalism,you can also try out using maggots or dead chickens to boost their weight.

Nothing but the truth
Re: Should by Fish4wealth: 5:31pm On May 13, 2020
As your name implies"weedsmoker"....very curious...

Obviously, you cannot identify a real practicing farmer to an online farmer.....what a pity....

So sad profile... that you've managed many large farms including those of your F&F and non was a success.....whaooo...no wonder you had no success stories but regrets....

Visit the thread: Hidden truth about catfish farming"...you will see more of my comments...

I do not think you worth who i should debate professional catfish farming with.

Weedsmoker:
Crawl back to whatever hole you crawled out from,I didn't make the post to impress you or anyone.What I just spilled is the bitter truth about catfish business.

I know why you sound pained, because you are a catfish information marketer that has no idea about practical fish farming just only theory.

For your information,I was once a fish farmer and have managed large catfish farms,I have lots of family members and friends that are into the biz, when I talk,I talk from experience not just what I read online.
Re: Should by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 13, 2020
Fish4wealth:
As your name implies"weedsmoker"....very curious...

Obviously, you cannot identify a real practicing farmer to an online farmer.....what a pity....

So sad profile... that you've managed many large farms including those of your F&F and non was a success.....whaooo...no wonder you had no success stories but regrets....

Visit the thread: Hidden truth about catfish farming"...you will see more of my comments...

I do not think you worth who i should debate professional catfish farming with.

Fvck off my mentions and go and sell your crappy ebook on catfish farming,Mr catfish info marketer.What do you Know about catfish that you intend to debate with me,where is your fish farm to even start with.
That biz is just overhyped,if at all their are people profiting from it,it's very few.
I've being in the system so I know what am saying.

Modified:Now I went through that thread u mentioned"hidden truths about catfish,the Op Even mentioned the point I was trying to raise that if haven't started hatching your own fingerlings then you haven't started the biz.The same point I raised that you where trying to castigate me for.
It shows you know nothing about this biz,anyone taking you as a consultant should do so at his or her own risk.Here is the post below.

U fake ass catfish consultant.

(1) (Reply)

Please Patronize My Goods And Services,i Am Here For You! / Electric Motor And Alternator For Sale, Ibadan / The Misconception We Had About Tilapia Farming, That Must Changed In 2021(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.