Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates (1646 Views)

VP Osinbajo Drives Kona, Nigerian-Made Electric Car At #MadeInNigeria Exhibition / Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours / Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by Ravon: 12:36pm On May 12, 2020
As the class of 2020 enters one of the most difficult economic climates in recent history, Autotrader lists the Hyundai Kona among the 10 Best Cars for Recent College Graduates who are considering practicality and affordability when it comes to their car purchase.

The Kona, with its 1.6L Turbo GDI engine, combines exceptional driving performance with class-leading safety and advanced technology. Starting at just under $20,000, Kona is recognized by Autotrader editors for its “head-turning style and an equally attractive price tag. Tech-savvy college grads will appreciate the excellent UVO infotainment system with comes standard with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and a USB port.”

“We angled our list toward those cars that have a low price but still offer style and fun,” said Brian Moody, executive editor for Autotrader. “The Hyundai Kona highlights that spirit perfectly. The Kona is one of those things in life that looks more expensive than its actual price.”

“As new graduates plan for the future, having a hefty car payment is not something that should weigh them down,” said Scott Margason, director, Product Planning, Hyundai Motor North America. “The Hyundai Kona is a perfect choice – starting well below others in the subcompact SUV segment, Kona offers value while not sacrificing on the style, utility, technology convenience and safety features these young adults still need.”

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2020/05/12/autotrader-names-hyundai-kona-a-best-car-for-graduates/

Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by Lavisha(f): 12:41pm On May 12, 2020
This thing for 20 grand?! wtf!
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by illicit(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2020
how I wish
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by RZArecta(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2020
Lavisha:
This thing for 20 grand?!
wtf!
car payments are made in installments over there, this is just a marketing strategy to appeal to younger folks breaking into the job market
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by nurey(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2020
RZArecta:
car payments are made in installments over there, this is just a marketing strategy to appeal to younger folks breaking into the job market

Is it possible to get over there through dreams? since over here is a night mare. grin

I name Honda hala best graduate car in Nigeria since the starting price is 50k for about to die unit.

1 Like

Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by RZArecta(m): 11:57pm On May 12, 2020
nurey:

Is it possible to get over there through dreams? since over here is a night mare. grin

I name Honda hala best graduate car in Nigeria since the starting price is 50k for about to die unit.
50k for suicide mission
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by NaijadrivaCars: 11:58pm On May 12, 2020
Haq haq haq. For foreign country na.
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by Highorbit7O16: 9:00am On May 13, 2020
I can't even afford a Keke napep cry and I'm a graduate. No job, no money cry I don't know what to do again cry
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by nurey(m): 11:53am On May 13, 2020
Highorbit7O16:
I can't even afford a Keke napep cry and I'm a graduate. No job, no money cry I don't know what to do again cry

I finished secondary school in 2007, no father no helper only God and my mother, I went to learn phone engineering and then computer engineering for 2 years I slaved and earned 5k monthly, gathered the money got something from my mum add it up and paid 150k for predegree and I entered UNi in 2009.

I used my skills learned to pay part of my tuition in University. finished 14 and served in 16 got some cash 1m invested in Agric and lost it all.

Got a job in Dec 17 as an intern, got good news in Nov 18 for retainment only for recession to hit the company hard and by Dec 18 I was told to go.

I went into farming with all I had, made a very bad decision and got thieves as labourers I nearly ran mad but never gave up, another big loss gone down the drain. I took all my down fall as a learning curve to be a better manager and a knowledgeable human supervisor.

Today I am not Rich and I don't own my company, but If my working place says Nurey we don't need your services again tomorrow I will pack my load and follow the handwork I learned while young and I am certain I won't go hungry.

my brother go and learn hand work and know your worth don't wait for government or God to give you job, work hard first and help yourself and see whether success won't come knocking. You don't need money to offer a service go and learn something and start from somewhere.

Companies only employ people who have something others don't no be about first class wey you carry comot for our University grin

9 Likes

Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:23pm On May 13, 2020
nurey:

I finished secondary school in 2007, no father no helper only God and my mother, I went to learn phone engineering and then computer engineering for 2 years I slaved and earned 5k monthly, gathered the money got something from my mum add it up and paid 150k for predegree and I entered UNi in 2009.

I used my skills learned to pay part of my tuition in University. finished 14 and served in 16 got some cash 1m invested in Agric and lost it all.

Got a job in Dec 17 as an intern, got good news in Nov 18 for retainment only for recession to hit the company hard and by Dec 18 I was told to go.

I went into farming with all I had, made a very bad decision and got thieves as labourers I nearly ran mad but never gave up, another big loss gone down the drain. I took all my down fall as a learning curve to be a better manager and a knowledgeable human supervisor.

Today I am not Rich and I don't own my company, but If my working place says Nurey we don't need your services again tomorrow I will pack my load and follow the handwork I learned while young and I am certain I won't go hungry.

my brother go and learn hand work and know your worth don't wait for government or God to give you job, work hard first and help yourself and see whether success won't come knocking. You don't need money to offer a service go and learn something and start from somewhere.

Companies only employ people who have something others don't no be about first class wey you carry comot for our University grin
Amazing. If he must learn handwork, he should find one that will allow him to work remotely and easily leave Nigeria. I no go advise person make them learn any hard skills even as a mechanic.
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by Highorbit7O16: 1:24pm On May 13, 2020
nurey:

I've learnt a skill; fashion design. I know hard work pays. I'm currently doing my best to set up my shop but the funds are scarce. There's a woman I work part time for, and she gives me just pocket money but I'm not complaining because I'm using that opportunity to learn more.

1 Like

Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by nurey(m): 1:39pm On May 13, 2020
Highorbit7O16:
I've learnt a skill; fashion design. I know hard work pays. I'm currently doing my best to set up my shop but the funds are scarce. There's a woman I work part time for, and she gives me just pocket money but I'm not complaining because I'm using that opportunity to learn more.

Don't work hard only, work smart. You had the chance to make nose mask and sell during the lockdown in your vicinity I guess you missed the opportunity.

Learning several skills is not a waste of time but an advantage to fill the necessary void in your vicinity.

Start small and grow big, your destiny is in your hands
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by nurey(m): 1:46pm On May 13, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Amazing. If he must learn handwork, he should find one that will allow him to work remotely and easily leave Nigeria. I no go advise person make them learn any hard skills even as a mechanic.

Hard skills isn't bad, been able to position and promote it is what counts. Gazzuzz, Autologic and co went through all this hard skill but they improved on it. Gazzuzz no fit lie say he no chop fan belt in his Oga hands grin
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:17pm On May 13, 2020
nurey:

Hard skills isn't bad, been able to position and promote it is what counts. Gazzuzz, Autologic and co went through all this hard skill but they improved on it. Gazzuzz no fit lie say he no chop fan belt in his Oga hands grin
Its not bad but it's useless in Nigeria. The real way to make some serious income as a mechanic is by fixing high end luxury cars and it's not easy to get such customers. You can go and change a Mercedes s class brake pad and collect 100k but how many s class dey for naija. It's just like advising someone to learn plumbing. It's a high paying skill in the west but a really useless skill to have in Nigeria.

As Nigeria is going, it's best to acquire skills that can allow you work remotely and easily relocate if need be.

1 Like

Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by Raalsalghul: 2:20pm On May 13, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Its not bad but it's useless in Nigeria. The real way to make some serious income as a mechanic is by fixing high end luxury cars and it's not easy to get such customers. You can go and change a Mercedes s class brake pad and collect 100k but how many s class dey for naija. It's just like advising someone to learn plumbing. It's a high paying skill in the west but a really useless skill to have in Nigeria.

As Nigeria is going, it's best to acquire skills that can allow you work remotely and easily relocate if need be.

What are your thoughts on Data Science?

Is it the future or another bubble that'll soon bust.

Your input will be appreciated.
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:31pm On May 13, 2020
Raalsalghul:

What are your thoughts on Data Science?

Is it the future or another bubble that'll soon bust.

Your input will be appreciated.
It's amazing but I think if you are going to dabble Into that just have a postgraduate degree at the back of your mind some day especially for very very high end jobs that involve machine learning and artificial intelligence.

You have been posting this all around. I think if you wanna start just start. The ICT field just keeps getting bigger. If you had started you would have covered up the basics of python by now.
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by fabienjoe: 8:37pm On May 13, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

You sound like when one just relocates from Nigeria, all his problems are solved? On the contrary there are better opportunities here for entreprenuership than the civilized world. Abroad, you're competing with established mega companies with nearly infinite capacity. Getting a job with them is not even easy, except you're extremely good, and every word in 'extremely good' counts..They would always prefer their own citizens simply because their own people who are their customers prefer them..Think about Agriculture. It's an untapped goldmine here with loads of government support. Automobile mechanics is equally a good skill. There is still a big gap in the market for that. Many people with high end cars struggle to find reliable mechanics This is true for virtually every Nigerian major town or.city..Many mechanics have no requisite skills..the good ones are full of attitude. Learn the trade well and run a good customer service package. The sky is your limit..

1 Like

Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:15pm On May 13, 2020
fabienjoe:

You sound like when one just relocates from Nigeria, all his problems are solved? On the contrary there are better opportunities here for entreprenuership than the civilized world. Abroad, you're competing with established mega companies with nearly infinite capacity. Getting a job with them is not even easy, except you're extremely good, and every word in 'extremely good' counts..They would always prefer their own citizens simply because their own people who are their customers prefer them..Think about Agriculture. It's an untapped goldmine here with loads of government support. Automobile mechanics is equally a good skill. There is still a big gap in the market for that. Many people with high end cars struggle to find reliable mechanics This is true for virtually every Nigerian major town or.city..Many mechanics have no requisite skills..the good ones are full of attitude. Learn the trade well and run a good customer service package. The sky is your limit..

How many Nigerians drive high-end cars that require the proficiency of advanced mechanics. There are 11 million cars in Nigeria. 4 million of them are private. Out of that 4 million, only around 100000 qualify as luxury cars, and that segment is very competitive. You are competing with high-end workshops and dealerships for that small segment of customers. When it comes to automobiles, I am well versed as I fix cars and I sell parts. You can only make money as a mechanic here fixing high-end cars and there are not a lot of people who own them here plus it requires millions to purchase the equipment to fix those cars.

Agriculture is a gold mine maybe if you have the capital to do it in a modern way. Subsistence agriculture is the greatest route to poverty. Entrepreneurship in Nigeria is an extreme sport. People are getting very poor and purchasing power is reducing alongside the lack of rule of law. To each their own.
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by texasbullet(m): 10:42pm On May 13, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

How many Nigerians drive high-end cars that require the proficiency of advanced mechanics. There are 11 million cars in Nigeria. 4 million of them are private. Out of that 4 million, only around 100000 qualify as luxury cars, and that segment is very competitive. You are competing with high-end workshops and dealerships for that small segment of customers. When it comes to automobiles, I am well versed as I fix cars and I sell parts. You can only make money as a mechanic here fixing high-end cars and there are not a lot of people who own them here plus it requires millions to purchase the equipment to fix those cars.

Agriculture is a gold mine maybe if you have the capital to do it in a modern way. Subsistence agriculture is the greatest route to poverty. Entrepreneurship in Nigeria is an extreme sport. People are getting very poor and purchasing power is reducing alongside the lack of rule of law. To each their own.

Giving excuses is and attitude of a looser
1) You have seen the problem
2) try to think a way out of the problem
3) I knew hundreds of entrepreneurs that are making it big and they only start little.
4) think about trading all those mama you see selling in shops if you hear their turnover in just 6months you will fear.
I knew this cause my job makes me to deal with them daily.
Pls just start anyhow and see
The problem most starters have is trying to be a producer which is a big problem in Nigeria. Be a middle man and see all companies running to you to enlist them in your offers.
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by Ukalu381(m): 12:28pm On May 14, 2020
Guys we were talking about the Hyundai kona
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by Ukalu381(m): 12:29pm On May 14, 2020
What's the price of this car
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by iCauseTrouble: 1:30am On May 22, 2020
nurey:

Where did you get your knowledge of cars from?
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by nurey(m): 3:40am On May 22, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Where did you get your knowledge of cars from?
1. from the internet
2. under the mango tree mechanic shed.
Re: Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates by NaijadrivaCars: 9:44am On May 22, 2020
Not in Nigeria.

Mpublugulu KONA ntcheletchele KONA Nyahipuna, KONA KONA, KONA
xhosanostra did I get the lyrics? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

5 Worst-selling Cars Of All Time / Bum Shots & Exhaust Sounds: Which Of The CUV Is Most Seducing? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.