Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Presidential Air Fleet Commander Under Jonathan Forfeits N510 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Air Fleet Commander Under Jonathan Forfeits N510 Million (419 Views)

Oyesola: Tinubu Decorates Commander Of Presidential Air Fleet With New Rank / Osinbajo Hails Blessing Liman, First Female Captain In Presidential Air-Fleet / Buhari Decorates Abubakar Abdullahi, Presidential Air Fleet Commander (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Air Fleet Commander Under Jonathan Forfeits N510 Million by ryloy: 5:49pm On May 12, 2020
Presidential Air Fleet Commander under Jonathan forfeits N510 million ‘corrupt’ funds

A former commander of the Presidential Air Fleet (PAF) has temporarily forfeited N510 million to the federal government.

Uko Obong, an air vice marshal, headed the PAF between 2013 and 2015, mainly during the Goodluck Jonathan administration.

The forfeiture was granted by Justice A. R. Mohammed of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Monday, according to a statement from the anti-graft agency, EFCC.

The EFCC said its “intelligence scooped the money stashed in Sterling Bank and discreet investigation revealed it was a proceed of unlawful activities, traced to AVM Obong.”

Read the full EFCC statement below.

Justice A.R. Mohammed of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Monday, May 11, 2020, ordered the interim forfeiture of N510 million, belonging to Vice Air Marshal Uko Etim Obong, in an application filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

The Commission’s application for interim forfeiture was pursuant to Section 44 (2) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999, as amended.

EFCC’s intelligence scooped the money stashed in Sterling Bank and discreet investigation revealed it was a proceed of unlawful activities, traced to AVM Obong.

It could be recalled that AVM Obong was the Commander of the Presidential Air Fleet between 2013 and 2015, and allegedly enriched himself corruptly while serving in that capacity.

The former Air Chief was alleged to have used some of his cronies and companies, such as Magnificent 5 Ventures Ltd; Tripple Kay Company Nigeria Ltd, and Elionenai International College, as conduits to drain public funds while concealing his identity.

Justice Mohammed, thereafter, granted the prayers of the EFCC and ordered the interim forfeiture of the said sum and adjourned the matter to May 26, 2020 for hearing.

Dele Oyewale

Head, Media & Publicity

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/392370-presidential-air-fleet-commander-under-jonathan-forfeits-n510-million-corrupt-funds.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidential Air Fleet Commander Under Jonathan Forfeits N510 Million by ghettokid1(m): 5:52pm On May 12, 2020

Re: Presidential Air Fleet Commander Under Jonathan Forfeits N510 Million by Golan007: 6:10pm On May 12, 2020
Very very good.
Re: Presidential Air Fleet Commander Under Jonathan Forfeits N510 Million by AgroTrade: 6:10pm On May 12, 2020
I gave up on the news as soon as I saw "temporally forfeit"

What sort of joke is that
Re: Presidential Air Fleet Commander Under Jonathan Forfeits N510 Million by ryloy: 6:14pm On May 12, 2020
AgroTrade:

Re: Presidential Air Fleet Commander Under Jonathan Forfeits N510 Million by Melezenawii: 6:19pm On May 12, 2020
AgroTrade:

Jonathan government hmmnn
Re: Presidential Air Fleet Commander Under Jonathan Forfeits N510 Million by ryloy: 9:07pm On May 12, 2020
Melezenawii:

Jonathan government hmmnn

(1) (Reply)

Enter The President's New Chief Of Staff Ibrahim Gambari - By Njenje Media TV / BREAKING: NCDC Confirms 338 New Cases Of Covid-19 In Nigeria, Total Now 5,959 / Nigeria Copies And Pastes New Laws From Singapore - The Times UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.