Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

My Okra Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Okra Farm (4189 Views)

My Dry Season Rice And Okra Farm (pics) / Pictures From My Okra Plants I Harvested Yesterday. / Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Okra Farm by Riverville(m): 8:43pm On May 12, 2020
My 5 weeks Okra farm.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Okra Farm by donbachi(m): 8:51pm On May 12, 2020
Wow!.bigger u I pray.
Re: My Okra Farm by my2chains(m): 9:31pm On May 12, 2020
This is nice!
But where exactly is your farmland?

Its good to see them flourish just as a fellow farmer?

I pray you will surely reap the fruit of your labour amen!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: My Okra Farm by Riverville(m): 10:08pm On May 12, 2020
my2chains:
This is nice!
But where exactly is your farmland?

Its good to see them flourish just as a fellow farmer?

I pray you will surely reap the fruit of your labour amen!

Cheers!
my farm is in Ogun state, close to ijebu ode. Used this lockdown period to work on the farm.
This is my second time planting Okra though.

1 Like

Re: My Okra Farm by my2chains(m): 10:30pm On May 12, 2020
Riverville:
my farm is in Ogun state, close to ijebu ode. Used this lockdown period to work on the farm.

ok thats nice!
But Please greet mr oluchidelly for me o!

Cheers
Re: My Okra Farm by CAPTAIN5000(m): 10:32pm On May 12, 2020
Good work, I wish u green harvest
Re: My Okra Farm by Riverville(m): 9:38am On May 13, 2020
CAPTAIN5000:
Good work, I wish u green harvest
thanks. Blessings to you too
Re: My Okra Farm by bedoab10k(m): 11:29am On May 13, 2020
[/b]How was your experience the first time? Can you share your testimony so that some us can benefit?[b]

Riverville:
Re: My Okra Farm by Riverville(m): 12:07pm On May 13, 2020
The first time was almost a disaster. I planted during the dry season and was watering manually. It was very hectic, I almost run at loss. But was lucky cos Okra was expensive and scarce then.
Through that experience I was able to learn from my mistakes. I also studied online to learn more about Okra farming. And by the grace of God, I was able to get it this time around.
Though the price of Okra will be cheap this period. I hope to buy irrigation equipment, so I can plant during dry season. Believe me, you can make huge amount from Okra during the dry season

5 Likes

Re: My Okra Farm by OluchiDelly: 12:23pm On May 13, 2020
Riverville:
The first time was almost a disaster. I planted during the dry season and was watering manually. It was very hectic, I almost run at loss. But was lucky cos Okra was expensive and scarce then.
Through that experience I was able to learn from my mistakes. I also studied online to learn more about Okra farming. And by the grace of God, I was able to get it this time around.
Though the price of Okra will be cheap this period. I hope to buy irrigation equipment, so I can plant during dry season. Believe me, you can make huge amount from Okra during the dry season
Good one. I love pple who are not limited by their past failure.
To maximixe ur space better, Try to replant those that did not germinate within 7days .

3 Likes

Re: My Okra Farm by pheonixdld2(m): 1:17pm On May 13, 2020
Please I will like to get your number, if its OK. I have questions about your dry season farming.
Riverville:
Re: My Okra Farm by bedoab10k(m): 5:41pm On May 13, 2020
[/b]Thanks for your response, kindly be updating us about ur progress, God bless[b]

Riverville:
Re: My Okra Farm by Riverville(m): 5:49pm On May 13, 2020
pheonixdld2:
Please I will like to get your number, if its OK. I have questions about your dry season farming.
Re: My Okra Farm by pheonixdld2(m): 6:18pm On May 14, 2020
Thank you. I will give you a call soon.
Riverville:
Re: My Okra Farm by Pavore9: 2:10am On May 15, 2020
Riverville:

Please do explain your process for your reader's better understanding, in terms of planting, manuring, how long it takes to have the first harvest and the days between subsequent harvests.

1 Like

Re: My Okra Farm by komoland: 12:22pm On Sep 16, 2020
Please which month in the dry season is good to plant okra?
Riverville:
Re: My Okra Farm by Akinola100: 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2020
see my okra plant. can okra be like this?

Re: My Okra Farm by Akinola100: 2:09pm On Sep 16, 2020
Can okra be as big as this
Re: My Okra Farm by my2chains(m): 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
Akinola100:
Jesus christ

1 Share

Re: My Okra Farm by my2chains(m): 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
Akinola100:
Jesus christ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Okra Farm by my2chains(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2020
lol

2 Shares

Re: My Okra Farm by my2chains(m): 5:21am On Nov 10, 2020
Hello everyone here,

i have a business idea that i need serious partners or investors on,
although i have no capital but I have a land I rented with borehole there!

so there is water available,
the farmland is in lagos and is closer to the market.

please invest on farming today because it pays and its very profitable on the long run,

you can really plant pepper,okro,tomato,cucumber,ugu leaf.water leaf,plantain,cassava,etc

after planting you can carry them to sell at mile 12 market for faster sales,
or maybe any large populated markets around

although in mile 12 market in lagos a bag of 25kg pepper is sold 8k
a basket of tomato is 6k
a custard paint of okro is 300 to 700 depending on the season,
a bag of water leaf sells from 2,500 to 5000

please note the prizes of all this crops do changes with time,

and you wont expect the prize they are been sold today to be sold the same prize next week or so.

apart from mile 12 there are also other markets women nearby that needs steady supply of all this crops i have mentioned here.

to me all of them are profitable and good,
but i prefer planting okro because of no too much stress and worry of diseases and pest,

expectially the dwarf okro seeds that matures in just 54 days with less stress,

even without applying manure or fertilizers to it,

anyone interested in partnering with me on this will gain a lot.

If you already have a land that is free then this is an advantage

this dwarf okro produces faster everyday,

just 1 plot of land can give you much more okro to sell and make money as you can ever imagine,

if you have an acre filled with okro then you will have enough to sell comercially,

just 1 acre of land filled with okro will make you harvest baskets of okro every single day for almost 3-4 months depending on the duration and life of the seeds,

a basket of okro can sell upwards from 5k-7k depending on the season

and 1 acre of land can give you more than 10 baskets everyday

as for marketing i have agents in mile 12 that sells for you and take only 10% of the total sales

we can even sell at iyano-iba market that is very closer to my side.
Or do make supplies to restaurants that will be needing it

You can even startup with just 1 plot of land and be successfull in this and increase with time,

this is indeed a money spiner for anyone interested

invest on this and start counting real money

i am based in lagos we can get to meet one on one to discuss this

please and please i need people who can think outside the box on this,

i am geniun and i have no issue on trust
all i want is the way forward to achieving a greater tomorrow

a good name is far more better than a bad name,

a budget of 60-75k can startup and maintain 1 plot of okro till we reach harvest from buying of machine to pump the water to buying of manures, hybrid okro seeds,pesticides/insecticides,watering them daily, transportation and fertilizers

all i want is just to be the farm manager thats all

do call me on 09032884494

thanks
Re: My Okra Farm by Akinola100: 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2020
my2chains:

Jesus christ
He shock tongue
Re: My Okra Farm by tikkykay: 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2021
Riverville:
My 5 weeks Okra farm.
Pls is this opv or hybrid okra plant
Re: My Okra Farm by LovesonBlezz(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2021
Riverville:
My 5 weeks Okra farm.
hello Op, good work you are doing. Pls how can l get high yielding Okro seeds? I'm currently in ljebu ode. Also is Okro farming really a profitable venture here ? Cos it seems Okro consumption isn't much here in Ogun and South West generally. I'll really appreciate your response. Thanks
Re: My Okra Farm by freshrose: 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
my2chains:
Hello everyone here,

i have a business idea that i need serious partners or investors on,
although i have no capital but I have a land I rented with borehole there!

so there is water available,
the farmland is in lagos and is closer to the market.

please invest on farming today because it pays and its very profitable on the long run,

you can really plant pepper,okro,tomato,cucumber,ugu leaf.water leaf,plantain,cassava,etc

after planting you can carry them to sell at mile 12 market for faster sales,
or maybe any large populated markets around

although in mile 12 market in lagos a bag of 25kg pepper is sold 8k
a basket of tomato is 6k
a custard paint of okro is 300 to 700 depending on the season,
a bag of water leaf sells from 2,500 to 5000

please note the prizes of all this crops do changes with time,

and you wont expect the prize they are been sold today to be sold the same prize next week or so.

apart from mile 12 there are also other markets women nearby that needs steady supply of all this crops i have mentioned here.

to me all of them are profitable and good,
but i prefer planting okro because of no too much stress and worry of diseases and pest,

expectially the dwarf okro seeds that matures in just 54 days with less stress,

even without applying manure or fertilizers to it,

anyone interested in partnering with me on this will gain a lot.

If you already have a land that is free then this is an advantage

this dwarf okro produces faster everyday,

just 1 plot of land can give you much more okro to sell and make money as you can ever imagine,

if you have an acre filled with okro then you will have enough to sell comercially,

just 1 acre of land filled with okro will make you harvest baskets of okro every single day for almost 3-4 months depending on the duration and life of the seeds,

a basket of okro can sell upwards from 5k-7k depending on the season

and 1 acre of land can give you more than 10 baskets everyday

as for marketing i have agents in mile 12 that sells for you and take only 10% of the total sales

we can even sell at iyano-iba market that is very closer to my side.
Or do make supplies to restaurants that will be needing it

You can even startup with just 1 plot of land and be successfull in this and increase with time,

this is indeed a money spiner for anyone interested

invest on this and start counting real money

i am based in lagos we can get to meet one on one to discuss this

please and please i need people who can think outside the box on this,

i am geniun and i have no issue on trust
all i want is the way forward to achieving a greater tomorrow

a good name is far more better than a bad name,

a budget of 60-75k can startup and maintain 1 plot of okro till we reach harvest from buying of machine to pump the water to buying of manures, hybrid okro seeds,pesticides/insecticides,watering them daily, transportation and fertilizers

all i want is just to be the farm manager thats all

do call me on 09032884494

thanks
Good day nairaland fellows.
Please, I need an acre of farmland to rent for farming. Possibly near river or water for irrigation in Ofada axis. Contact: 08030659959
Thanks
Re: My Okra Farm by freshrose: 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2022
Re: My Okra Farm by freshrose: 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2022
Farmland needed for rent. WhatsApp number 09028372295
Re: My Okra Farm by Jub101(m): 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2023
freshrose:
Farmland needed for rent. WhatsApp number 09028372295
Happy new year sir . I have a thread on Okro farming you’re welcome to share your knowledge and educate us on what you know. Diary of an Okro farmer is the topic
Re: My Okra Farm by ozome15(m): 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
Jub101:
Happy new year sir . I have a thread on Okro farming you’re welcome to share your knowledge and educate us on what you know. Diary of an Okro farmer is the topic
Where is the thread on okra farmers am very much interested

(1) (Reply)

Melon Seeds Shelling Machine For Sale / Catfish Production Business Made For You / Using DI Grow Organic Fertilizer To Grow Aflatoxin Free Maize- Sola Agoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.