Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) (26298 Views)

Nigeria2015: APC Presidential Primaries – LIVE UPDATE / Lagos PDP Gubernatorial Primaries - Live Updates! / 2015: Buhari, Atiku Clash Over Procedure For Presidential Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by banom(m): 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2011
gymer:

Atiku's speech:

I have often been asked by concerned individuals why I have not given up on Nigeria after all the trials and tribulations that I have gone through. My answer is and has always been that Nigeria is worth all the trouble. I have a stake in this country. My family is here; my businesses are here; my employees – thousands of them and their families - are here; and Nigerians are here. Also Africa and the world need Nigeria to get it right. This country has been very good to me considering how far I have come in spite of my humble beginnings. It is time to give back. It is time to make good things happen.

This is the only sensible statment Atiku made since he satarted his presidential campaign, if he had been making speeches like this all along, he would have made more impact.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by safariSA: 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ Gymer,

GEJ's speech is all rhetoric. which achievement is convincing in his speech. Tracon is obasanjo, air certification is obasanjo, solution of fuel crisis is not an achievement. Security is zero. Anti-corruption drive, safe for Ibori his opponent is zero. Nigeria's biggest problem is corruption and Jonathan is compromised himself, he has given auto tickets to corrupt governors like Akala.

You guys dont see something i am seeing. Atiku won in the 5 core Northern states (Kebbi, Sokoto, and did well in some others. ACN CPC alliance for Buhari will chase PDP out of power in April. i think i am beginning to see sense in TB's Joshua's and Tunde Bakare's prophecies which tend to agree that neither Jonathan or Atiku will be president in May. I am not that religious but my calculations is looking at this conclusion. ACN delivering west, CPC delivering North (Buhari is more popular than Atiku or Jonathan combined). Buhari is Plan B for the North. I am a southerner, a yoruba, but I support an honest Northerner, Buhari, instead of a corrupt southerner, Jonathan.

@UPbendel

huh? what? dumbfounded?
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by bisiaet: 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2011
It is a pity for Atifku it was a big shock he even lost his own state this is serious this man need to go back home may be ask himself some questions. I guess he will be planing to move out of PDP again am waiting to see his next party he will move to. Someone question me when sometime ago I posted on NL that Atifku over confidence is overly too much as if he is God I said it then every that Goliath has always fall and every super hero thinking people always fail Atifku was busy attacking, ego, overconfidence, ranting, and boasting while GEJ was deligently seeking the face of God and human with mature political game doing his home work undergroundly and at last GEJ pull the string here is the result.

When God say yes who can say no I guess no one. When God made a choice no man can say no. This is to tell people of Atifku type that noise, boast, braggings, ego does not go any where but rather ends in humiliation. Yesterday was not only a humiliation but a bomb shell to Atifku, the lost is beyond comprehension.

So who is a failure now? Who is to laugh now? Atifku ofcourse, this is a show of ridicle and shame. Atifku has not won yet he is already shortlist those he will hammer and deal with so now he lost all from all over. OBJ was right when he say !!!I DEY LAUF!!! truely Atifku need to be laugh to the scorn hhhhhuuuuuuu!!!!!!!
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by SkyBlue1: 1:01pm On Jan 14, 2011
safari SA:

@ Gymer,

GEJ's speech is all rhetoric. which achievement is convincing in his speech. Tracon is obasanjo, air certification is obasanjo, solution of fuel crisis is not an achievement. Security is zero. Anti-corruption drive, safe for Ibori his opponent is zero. Nigeria's biggest problem is corruption and Jonathan is compromised himself, he has given auto tickets to corrupt governors like Akala.

You guys dont see something i am seeing. Atiku won in the 5 core Northern states (Kebbi, Sokoto, and did well in some others. ACN CPC alliance for Buhari will chase PDP out of power in April. i think i am beginning to see sense in TB's Joshua's and Tunde Bakare's prophecies which tend to agree that neither Jonathan or Atiku will be president in May. I am not that religious but my calculations is looking at this conclusion. ACN delivering west, CPC delivering North (Buhari is more popular than Atiku or Jonathan combined). Buhari is Plan B for the North. I am a southerner, a yoruba, but I support an honest Northerner, Buhari, instead of a corrupt southerner, Jonathan.

@UPbendel

huh? what? dumbfounded?

The five core northern states? Katsina and Jigawa are not "core north" enough for you? Yobe and Borno are not "core north" enough for you and yet Niger is "core north"? Your analysis makes little sense based on the fact that they do not tally with what was achieved early this morning.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by ajetii(m): 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2011
This is the only sensible statment Atiku made since he satarted his presidential campaign, if he had been making speeches like this all along, he would have made more impact.

Don't mind Atiku. He is full of grandiloquency and mere rethorics. Must he be president before making impact, if he is so willing. GEJ is the answer, goodluck to Goodluck J.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by babaowo: 1:20pm On Jan 14, 2011
naija, where drama can never end,we are watching the drama oooo!
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2011
I thought Atiku said he did not need the votes from the South South that the votes from the north are enough for him? With what happened at the convention, he had seen that even the north are not his admirers grin
UP GEJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by samcc30(m): 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2011
may God disgrace all my enemies like atiku,
embarass all of them like sarah jubril
and make me victorious like goodluck jonathan

infact my brother this is the prayer of the year 2011
i say  Amen to it
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by UpBendel(m): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ Gymer,

@UPbendel

huh? what? dumbfounded?
[quote][/quote]

So in your educated conclusion, Southerners are all corrupt?
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Meldrick(m): 1:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
safari SA:

@ Gymer,

I laugh in Swahili. Is it today Tunde Bakare started making prophecies? He's made lots of threatning prophecies about Nigeria that never came to pass. I remember when Pastor Okotie said God told him he will be president. Obasanjo said,'' I do not doubt his statement but did he ask God when because I know it is certainly not with this election. grin grin
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by tushbobo(m): 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2011
Thank God i didnt listen to Atiku's speech else my Plasma screen would have been broken by now as i would have hammered his shapeless head through the screen for being petty and immature
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by safariSA: 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ Skyline

If Niger is what has made my analysis of little sense, then I think you belong to those problematic Nigerians who filter and conclude based on thier mindset. for me, Sokoto, Kebbi, Kano, & Zamfara is core North. all you need to ask for clarity. anyways, I will assume you are more matured than atiku, so here is more analysis for you

Despite all the arm-twisting of governors by Jonathan - Automatic tickets to them - and the control of governors over state delegates (reason why election was done per state so they know which governor delivered his state), Atiku scored 551 votes in all of the North & Jonathan scored 911! This means, the huge variance we are all screaming about came from the South. Now further, even in Northern states where Jonathan won:
                    GEJ   Atiku
Yobe              29  20
Borno            33 26
Bauchi           46 44
Adamawa      76 31
Kwara            61  26
The margin is not huge!

Save for Katsina, Jigawa, Taraba, Gombe etc where the margins were huge like in the soutwest, Atiku's bad mouth on Pro-zoning actually worked. Despite the fact that the governors of these states were against him, he still stole the votes from them, especially Yuguda's Bauchi, Shagari's Sokoto!

And in my conclusion, I said, if Atiku can do this well despite he being not in power, Buhari, who is far more popular (he scored a total of 19million votes in 2003 and 2007 elections, coming 2nd, atiku even same 3rd in 2007, will snatch more states in April! simple, and if ACN can conclude their alliance talks with CPC, then southwest and North is a done deal.  

I am not being carried away with Atiku losing his state to Jonathan! look deep Mr, and you will see the North was pro-zoning on this election, despite all the incumbency factors Jonathan deployed! And the Governors of the Northern states that even delivered to Jonathan within PDP cannot match Buhari's popularity in a general election, where, except they rig, they cant control people like they controlled the delegates at this PDP primary.

@ Bendel

There is nothing like educated conclusion bro. And southerners are not corrupt, but of all the candidates parading themselves, especially the big ones (atiku, jonathan, buhari, maybe ribadu because of ACN, i can only vouch for Buhari as the most incorruptible of all. I do vouch for Ribadu but Ribadu is a young Buhari of 1983. He will display same youthful exuberance on anti-corruption and getting our values right. Buhari is old, fit and wiser. Buhari never damaged, he was rebuilding and had an unfinished business when the evil genius sent him packing. Best isreali president ever is golda mier, at 71 years, remember. I shake when I hear Ribadu talk! I see a lot of arrogance, restlessness… really, if I am his best confidant, I would have told him to wait till 2015. Because Dora did well in NAFDAC does not mean she should stand for presidency.

@Meldrick,

Not all Prophecies are meant to happen, some are to warn, but let me tell you from facts.

Look for the tape of Tunde Bakare preaching at OAU in 1999 where he prohesied the emergence of a black american president
look for his tape on Obasanjo and listen to everything he said. he said if eventually Obasanjo is sworn in in 1999, evil will rule in this country, now what happened during Obasanjo - How many air tragedies? Ikeja Bomb Cantonment, strikes, assassinations, killings, Niger Delta kidnappings, pipeline bombings. which era witnessed an unprecented human disaster like Obasanjo (Ebora Owu, the demon of owu himself) era
And go and read all of his prophecies, oga, including the death of Abacha. And please list the ones that neva happened apart from the obasanjo stuff.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by UpBendel(m): 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2011
safari SA:

@ Skyline

If Niger is what has made my analysis of little sense, then I think you belong to those problematic Nigerians who filter and conclude based on thier mindset. for me, Sokoto, Kebbi, Kano, & Zamfara is core North. all you need to ask for clarity. anyways, I will assume you are more matured than atiku, so here is more analysis for you

Despite all the arm-twisting of governors by Jonathan - Automatic tickets to them - and the control of governors over state delegates (reason why election was done per state so they know which governor delivered his state), Atiku scored 551 votes in all of the North & Jonathan scored 911! This means, the huge variance we are all screaming about came from the South. Now further, even in Northern states where Jonathan won:
                    GEJ   Atiku
Yobe              29  20
Borno            33 26
Bauchi           46 44
Adamawa      76 31
Kwara            61  26
The margin is not huge!

Save for Katsina, Jigawa, Taraba, Gombe etc where the margins were huge like in the soutwest, Atiku's bad mouth on Pro-zoning actually worked. Despite the fact that the governors of these states were against him, he still stole the votes from them, especially Yuguda's Bauchi, Shagari's Sokoto!

And in my conclusion, I said, if Atiku can do this well despite he being not in power, Buhari, who is far more popular (he scored a total of 19million votes in 2003 and 2007 elections, coming 2nd, atiku even same 3rd in 2007, will snatch more states in April! simple, and if ACN can conclude their alliance talks with CPC, then southwest and North is a done deal.  

I am not being carried away with Atiku losing his state to Jonathan! look deep Mr, and you will see the North was pro-zoning on this election, despite all the incumbency factors Jonathan deployed! And the Governors of the Northern states that even delivered to Jonathan within PDP cannot match Buhari's popularity in a general election, where, except they rig, they cant control people like they controlled the delegates at this PDP primary.

@ Bendel

There is nothing like educated conclusion bro. And southerners are not corrupt, but of all the candidates parading themselves, especially the big ones (atiku, jonathan, buhari, maybe ribadu because of ACN, i can only vouch for Buhari as the most incorruptible of all. I do vouch for Ribadu but Ribadu is a young Buhari of 1983. He will display same youthful exuberance on anti-corruption and getting our values right. Buhari is old, fit and wiser. Buhari never damaged, he was rebuilding and had an unfinished business when the evil genius sent him packing. Best isreali president ever is golda mier, at 71 years, remember. I shake when I hear Ribadu talk! I see a lot of arrogance, restlessness… really, if I am his best confidant, I would have told him to wait till 2015. Because Dora did well in NAFDAC does not mean she should stand for presidency.

@Meldrick,

Not all Prophecies are meant to happen, some are to warn, but let me tell you from facts.

Look for the tape of Tunde Bakare preaching at OAU in 1999 where he prohesied the emergence of a black american president
look for his tape on Obasanjo and listen to everything he said. he said if eventually Obasanjo is sworn in in 1999, evil will rule in this country, now what happened during Obasanjo - How many air tragedies? Ikeja Bomb Cantonment, strikes, assassinations, killings, Niger Delta kidnappings, pipeline bombings. which era witnessed an unprecented human disaster like Obasanjo (Ebora Owu, the demon of owu himself) era
And go and read all of his prophecies, oga, including the death of Abacha. And please list the ones that neva happened apart from the obasanjo stuff.

You can vouch for Buhari? You know him personally or something?? You have made some very absolute statements and I am pretty certain that you have absolutely no way of providing any proof.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by SkyBlue1: 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2011
safari SA:

@ Skyline

GEJ   Atiku
Yobe              29  20
Borno            33 26
Bauchi           46 44
Adamawa      76 31
Kwara            61  26
The margin is not huge!

[b]Save for Katsina, Jigawa, Taraba, Gombe etc [/b]where the margins were huge like in the soutwest, Atiku's bad mouth on Pro-zoning actually worked. Despite the fact that the governors of these states were against him, he still stole the votes from them, especially Yuguda's Bauchi, Shagari's Sokoto!

@ Bendel

@Meldrick,

@saforo PD. So why would you ignore those states and refer to them as etc? Are they not core north enough for you? What I find patronising in your comments is the assumption that every single person who voted for Jonathan must have been arm twisted to do so (because of course they would have voted for the better candidate in Atiku left to their own volition). Sing another tune. The "north" being pro zoning is not really new or a surprise, but again the results paint a more complex picture. Your analysis is patronising and a tad too simplistic. Atiku got Niger because of IBB. The middle belt went to Jonathan not because they were arm twisted, but because they do not consider themselves as part of this "north" you keep referring to (my view). Atiku didn't do terribly badly in Kaduna, and this is despite the fact that the VP was an ex govenor of Kaduna state who still has strong ties there, so what does that say about your whole (everyone who voted for Jonathan must have been armtwisted) theory if Sambo couldn't even deliver a flawless win from his state? Spare us the rhetoric please, there was more to it than meets the eye. I don't know why the very thought that the the majority (just about) of the delegates actually thinking Jonathan was a better choice than Atiku repulses you.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Sweetnecta: 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2011
In a society where there are established laws and accountability, if any election, primary or otherwise is run by incumbent with pubic money or trust, such a candidate will have himself in hot soup. If GEJ used his position as the President to bribe or arm string the delegates of his party to get their vote, the nation should launch an inquiry and if found to have compromised the situation, he should be indicted and be prosecuted under the laws of Nigeria.

It is a crime to abuse the office for personal gain. Any evidence should have the guilty party out of the public life for ever, if only that.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Demoladoc: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2011
Atilku could have easily become president after obj and so realise his lifelong dream of ruling Nigeria but for his political miscalculation by openly fighting obj while obj was in power. Perhaps he never read Robert Greenes 48 laws of power or he choosed to ignore the book's advice as the 1st law in the book says ''never outshine the master.''

A wise person would have dicreetly and secretly mobilised efforts to truncate obasanjos excesses while in power but he decided to underestimate obasanjo political acumen and engage baba in an open fight. Ofcos no boss who is worth his salt will take that lightly. obasanjo thus came out gun blazzing and decided to finish him however way he can. And Atiku is still reaping the rewards up till today and it might be safe to say Atiku might never rule Nigeria.

Someone who read, memorised and practised the 48 laws of power is Jacob Zuma of SouthAfrica who found himself on the opposite divide to then SA president Thabo mbeki while Zuma was Vp. Zuma never openly fought with mbeki instead he remained a loyal member of the ANC despite all the persecutions he got from Mbeki but he tirelessly worked underground to gain control of the party and as soon as he did that he proceeded to pull the plug off the feet of Mbeki.  Mbeki was impeached while Zuma was Subsequently elected president.

Atiku on on the other hand went public calling OBj unprintable names and even foolishly left pdp and jumping into all political parties like a political prostitute.

This is a life lesson for us all. in whatever position you are never ever outshine your boss because if he survives your onslought he will come back in full force to finish you.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by UpBendel(m): 2:12pm On Jan 14, 2011
Sweetnecta:

In a society where there are established laws and accountability, if any election, primary or otherwise is run by incumbent with pubic money or trust, such a candidate will have himself in hot soup. If GEJ used his position as the President to bribe or arm string the delegates of his party to get their vote, the nation should launch an inquiry and if found to have compromised the situation, he should be indicted and be prosecuted under the laws of Nigeria.

It is a crime to abuse the office for personal gain. Any evidence should have the guilty party out of the public life for ever, if only that.

What??
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2011
So what is the outcome and who is the flag bearer or they still counting?
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by tomv(m): 2:27pm On Jan 14, 2011
This is the final nail on ATIKU coffin, ATIKU ti KU!!! where will He run to now?
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by segunjowo(m): 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2011
lol
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by safariSA: 2:34pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ Skyline, Upbendel.

I have a conclusion, where is yours? Jonathan & PDP can do nothing free and fair, they have proved that in 12 yrs, so why is this convention different? PDP has proved since 1999 that money or incumbency swings the vote!

I have stated my position, where I stand, I stand with Buhari, worst case scenario, Ribadu. Jonathan is not an option - refused to arrest Uduaghan (when removed by court) who was mentioned in the case that jailed ibori'S wife in UK, gave akala, sylva of all people automatic tickets, is frollicking with Anenih who threatened delegates from SOUTH SOUTH in the presence of GEJ, is backed by Obasanjo, offered SNG $50,000 transport money in Aso Rock, spend NGN 10 billion on October 1 celebration, continue to grapple with security challenges Jos and even Abuja, makes confusing statements on critical national matters, blatantly denied zoning when he was part of the arrangement, has a wife who is using her NGO to fund her husbands' campaign (backed with facts i can't put on this thread), agreed for speaker and senate president to buy their official residence, made a useless Gbenga Daniel a campaign coordinator, set up more federal universities when the ones we have have not been fully built to their capacity in almost average 20 years of creation. released a senate leader on murder charges in less than 24 hrs and flew him on a chartered plane from ibadan to abuja. Guy I was once a journalist with one of the top three newspapers in this country, so I till have my media friends who tell me what is happening. on the selective analysis, I believe you are intelligent enough to fill in the gap and make you own conclusions, so i can't be at work and be doing analysis of all states. Analysis can be from selected samples or the overall picture. You can do yours and form your opinion, I have done mine and convinced myself that i see a heavy trace of pro-zoning in the vote.

@I have never met Buhari, and I dont intend meeting him, but I have stood out from the brainwashed crowd to read all (good & bad) articles, views, interviews I can find on this man they have wrongly termed an islamic fundamentalist. It is absolutely normal and natural to stand for something. you dont need to know someone personally before you vouch for him. The distance and my impression are enough for me. I have connected what i was told about his regime to who i see talk now on tv, and I see consistency in character.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by kolaoloye(m): 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
tomv:

This is the final nail on ATIKU coffin, ATIKU ti KU!!!
Yes,CONFIRMED.

where will He run to now?
His wife's bedroom grin
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by SkyBlue1: 2:47pm On Jan 14, 2011
safari SA:

@ Skyline, Upbendel.

I have a conclusion, where is yours? Jonathan & PDP can do nothing free and fair, they have proved that in 12 yrs, so why is this convention different? PDP has proved since 1999 that money or incumbency swings the vote!

I have stated my position, where I stand, I stand with Buhari, worst case scenario, Ribadu. Jonathan is not an option - refused to arrest Uduaghan (when removed by court) who was mentioned in the case that jailed ibori'S wife in UK, gave akala, sylva of all people automatic tickets, is frollicking with Anenih who threatened delegates from SOUTH SOUTH in the presence of GEJ, is backed by Obasanjo, offered SNG $50,000 transport money in Aso Rock, spend NGN 10 billion on October 1 celebration, continue to grapple with security challenges Jos and even Abuja, makes confusing statements on critical national matters, blatantly denied zoning when he was part of the arrangement, has a wife who is using her NGO to fund her husbands' campaign (backed with facts i can't put on this thread), agreed for speaker and senate president to buy their official residence, made a useless Gbenga Daniel a campaign coordinator, set up more federal universities when the ones we have have not been fully built to their capacity in almost average 20 years of creation. released a senate leader on murder charges in less than 24 hrs and flew him on a chartered plane from ibadan to abuja. Guy I was once a journalist with one of the top three newspapers in this country, so I till have my media friends who tell me what is happening. on the selective analysis, I believe you are intelligent enough to fill in the gap and make you own conclusions, so i can't be at work and be doing analysis of all states. Analysis can be from selected samples or the overall picture. You can do yours and form your opinion, I have done mine and convinced myself that i see a heavy trace of pro-zoning in the vote.

@I have never met Buhari, and I dont intend meeting him, but I have stood out from the brainwashed crowd to read all (good & bad) articles, views, interviews I can find on this man they have wrongly termed an islamic fundamentalist. It is absolutely normal and natural to stand for something. you dont need to know someone personally before you vouch for him. The distance and my impression are enough for me. I have connected what i was told about his regime to who i see talk now on tv, and I see consistency in character.

@saporo. Well as long as you have made a conclusion (regardless of its quality) we can all go to bed, right? No need to have a fight with yourself over this issue. You made an analysis which I said was flawed based on what actually happened early this morning. I gave you reasons for my point and said it is more complex than the 'everybody hated Jonathan but were forced or bribed to vote for him over Atiku anyway' trite we have been hearing time and time again (which is pretty much what you were saying). Now if you want to talk about the general elections and preffered candidates, etc, then open another thread. Otherwise try to keep focus and quit changing topic because it looks like a means of covering up the weak foundations and inadequacies of your arguments and "conclusion".
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by UpBendel(m): 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2011
safari SA:

@ Skyline, Upbendel.

You have made ABSOLUTELY no conclusions other than to suggest that all southerners are inept and corrupt, and that you can personally vouch for Buhari.  There is also no north-south divide or zoning as most people would like everyone to believe.  The only north-south divide clearly exists in the minds of the corrupt and semi-illiterate leaders Nigeria has been unfortunately burdened with.  Before you start to jump to any more conclusions or make any more absolute statements, Nigeria is absolutely corrupt and everyone knows and so are the other countries but since we have illiterates ruling us, we have no way of managing the situation as it should.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by VINDYLOMO(m): 3:10pm On Jan 14, 2011
Atiku meaning Atiku tiku, Atiku don die finishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by safariSA: 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ sky blue.

I am not fighting with myself, I am actually enjoying this cos I like writing, writing, and challenging ideas. if you think I am not worth replying to, you can focus on other contributors, because I will keep writing and replying to your toxic comments.

check my first post, my analysis was intended to be connected to the General elections, that is why I brought Buhari into the picture, so i have been focused. i am only interested in the PDP primaries, not because of Jonathan or atiku, but what factor it can play in chasing out the ridiculous party in April. you have made good points, i agree, but being toxic, like atiku did yesterday, is my issue with you.

cheers and see you in april!
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Limaoscar: 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2011
we warned athiku but he didn't listen,next time he will learn to listen to the wise words of his makers

yee !!! "winches and winzards" Association of Nigeria done hear the result too ? God help Atikutongue
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Mobinga: 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2011
1 - Jonathan
2 - Atiku
3 - Invalid Votes
3 - Jubril

Hilarious grin grin
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Limaoscar: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2011
Guys, why are you surprised Jonathan won in Adamawa. who controls adamawa PDP? it is Nyako who is in a war with Atiku. the guy try i beg. Jonathan used power of incumbency, more money, and automatic delegates to corrupt governors to win the primaries. they are all theives! even though i dont like atiku i adore the fact that he mustered over 800 votes as a challenger. Jonathan can not even beat Odili if he is not the President. Guys, wake up, it almost 10 in the morning! Watch out for the north in April. Buhari will flog Jonathan in all the Northern states, wait and see.

Guy,
Just incase you were still in a slumber in Naija when I posted please see my earlier post in response to somebody who like you believe Buhari can win the general elections. I like the guy make no mistakes but I will separate sentiments from the reality on Nigeria's political ground.

To answer most of your other opinion, let's see, o.k. the Power of Incumbency, my friend works everywhere in the world. You don't have to be corrupt for you to make an impact at some point as an incumbent. You may not  always win an election but if you do riding on the crest of incumbency so be it. You have also in-articulately mentioned Nyako's "war" with Atiku and how "even Odili", ahhh!!, let's not even go there stick with the one in hand first o.k.

Now read my earlier post and see what I think

Dude, I said I was hitting the sack but you caught my attention. Which North are you talking about? The North that has delegates that voted overwhelmingly for GEJ or the North that Sold out Atiku at His party Primaries. The same delegates will rally the Northern electorates to vote for their party. Remember the North are good followers if they say they will follow plus GEJ is already wielding the power of incumbency apart from His personal attributes as a good behind the scenes campaigner which makes up slightly for His lack of orhetorical power and (we've already seen it).

IMHO, Buhari is liked by the common man up North but the truth remains that the Power houses and elites up North may not really like this man because they are not sure if He wins the presidency He will not probe, jail and dethrone most of them based on His very strong anti- corruption position. The best Buhari can get is some sympathy votes and a few North western states , no more. PDP is is on rampage my friend. It will take a strong , formidable and credible opposition to push them to the limit and sadly, I am yet to see that party or alliance.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Escalante4: 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2011
NLanders. Let us be sincere to ourselves. I do not see what GEJ will give to this country that he ought not to have started sinec May last year. Every action and policy he has made had always been more reactive than pro active. I honestly do not expect mush from him since as far as i am concerned he still lacks the leadership experience needed to pioneer the affairs of a great nation like ours.

I would say give Buhari the chance to finish the good work he started in 1983. At least if not for anything, he would be able to bring corruption rate down to a very minimal level so that you and i can still believe in this country. I strongly believe that if corruption is taken out of the equation of Nigeria's woes, every other thing will automatically fall in place.

BUHARIIIIIIII all the wayyyyyyyy!!!!!!
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Meldrick(m): 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2011
safari SA:

@Meldrick,

l[b]ook for his tape on Obasanjo and listen to everything he said. he said if eventually Obasanjo is sworn in in 1999, evil will rule in this country, now what happened during Obasanjo - How many air tragedies? Ikeja Bomb Cantonment, strikes, assassinations, killings, Niger Delta kidnappings, pipeline bombings.[/b] which era witnessed an unprecented human disaster like Obasanjo (Ebora Owu, the demon of owu himself) era

Look critically at the bolded part and understand why I laugh. It's just like someone prophesing that If you eat too much at night, you will have constipation. You need no prophesy to know that.Even if Tunde Bakare is President, evil will still reign.
Re: Results Of Pdp Presidential Primaries (live) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2011
Abeg make una leave Madam Sarah o, at least if not for anything she stood till the end and refused to be intimidated, how many women get that kain liver, i just blame all d unpatriotic female delegates at the venue who didn't vote for her, really wish i was there cos i would have voted for her, its really time for women for change cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

5 Questions Nigerians Want Amanpour To Ask Buhari / Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate / All PDP First Term Governors Emerge As Candidate For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.