Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) (39468 Views)

Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos / Deep Gully Erosion In Idah LGA, Kogi State (Photos) / 100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by EM123: 3:49pm On May 13, 2020
jimyjames:

I prefer erosion, to mud house brown roofs
Mumu , u still have the mouth to say what u prefer? I think u have not gone out side this country , if u have u won't be able to say that u prefer erosion, since u where born have u seen obiano's children? Our leaders are busy stealing from us and leaving us to their messy , foreign countries or can i say european countries has good drinages , good roads , electricity , their economies are good , but in nigeria when our leaders give us one bag of rice we will sing their praise , while their children are enjoying . I weep for our youth becouse we the youth are wost than the elders.
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by nisai: 4:19pm On May 13, 2020
Tissaia:
Climate change: soon the region will be under water. I hope Lamidi cownu will secure them a higher ground.
How are u?
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:30pm On May 13, 2020
VaselineCrew:

Na wa for humans sha

You read and saw that schools and some houses were destroyed and the first thing that came to your mind was “lol”?

Na the real children of hate.....
Any bad news from the east is a welcome development
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 13, 2020
joegigs:
Today 13th of May,w we woke to a very disastrous event whereby a school by name Redeemed Christian school located at obeleagu str. off awka road by st. Mary Catholic church gets completely swollen up after a bit of rain last night.

This isn't an erosion
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by weblord1900: 4:38pm On May 13, 2020
Tissaia:
Climate change: soon the region will be under water. I hope Lamidi cownu will secure them a higher ground.

Almajiri.. Have you eaten today..?
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 4:49pm On May 13, 2020
Shormiey:

Who says it's gonna be under water....I never said that......but it's mud filled environment because it's on sedimentary basin.......
Then you shouldn't have mentioned me at all in the first place, cause the person I first quoted said our region will be under water soon
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 4:51pm On May 13, 2020
Shormiey:

I won't argue with you......cuz you have been brainwashed by the fact that the Yoruba land is also erosion ridded.....make em dey fool you....you hardly see landslide or mudflow occuring in West.......abi you wanna talk about Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti that has hills and mountains around even Osun state has few hills around and Oyo.......south East is a mud filled erosion enclave land that doesn't have enough ferrogenised laterite or lateritic soil...do you know the meaning of lateritic soil?...bros I have traveled to some areas in the east as a geologist....I won't trade words with someone that doesn't know nothing about geology of his land (Ajali Sandstone and Nsukka formation) I have been to Nkporo, Anambra state..see bros East is more of sedimentary rock than igneous...

And there are no hills in south east?
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 4:53pm On May 13, 2020
EM123:
Mumu , u still have the mouth to say what u prefer? I think u have not gone out side this country , if u have u won't be able to say that u prefer erosion, since u where born have u seen obiano's children? Our leaders are busy stealing from us and leaving us to their messy , foreign countries or can i say european countries has good drinages , good roads , electricity , their economies are good , but in nigeria when our leaders give us one bag of rice we will sing their praise , while their children are enjoying . I weep for our youth becouse we the youth are wost than the elders.

My friend save the preaching, the person I quoted knows why I prefer erosion
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by Lehgit(m): 4:57pm On May 13, 2020
Another one just fell now after just 10mins rain. Oluwa abeg oooo
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by zikter(m): 5:08pm On May 13, 2020
3Ceagle:

Government in Nigeria is not proactive, be at state or federal level. In advance worlds, they convert their weakness to strength, while we simple resign to faith by not doing anything. Venice and Amsterdam developed a city on water which attract tourist across the world. We just have governments that lack capacity to create real infrastructural development. Yet you see government praise singer all over the places. Until we understand that politicians are our employees and one cardinal responsibility beyond obeying the laws, is to demand for accountability and to show our displeasure in a very civil way.
I agree with you completely. For as far as I can remember, this issue like many bedeviling our country have not changed. The politicians have successfully divided the populace along ethno religious lines evident here on nairaland. Our situation is now almost irredeemable
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by Tissaia(f): 5:09pm On May 13, 2020
weblord1900:

Almajiri.. Have you eaten today..?
no I'm fasting
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by weblord1900: 5:12pm On May 13, 2020
Tissaia:
no I'm fasting
You guys are smart enough to turn poverty and hunger to fasting.
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by Tissaia(f): 5:22pm On May 13, 2020
weblord1900:

You guys are smart enough to turn poverty and hunger to fasting.
Poverty and hunger is not the worst thing that can happen to people, if they are smart enough to turned it to fasting bravo!. What about celebrating crime culture, and history is been writing right now that so so people are the most criminal, ritualist, scammers, kidnappers, Cults, terrorist etc in the world. Don't u think the ancestors and grandkids will not be happy en remain angry forever
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by weblord1900: 6:10pm On May 13, 2020
Tissaia:
Poverty and hunger is not the worst thing that can happen to people, if they are smart enough to turned it to fasting bravo!. What about celebrating crime culture, and history is been writing right now that so so people are the most criminal, ritualist, scammers, kidnappers, Cults, terrorist etc in the world. Don't u think the ancestors and grandkids will not be happy en remain angry forever

Do you really want us to talk about terrorism?
You are so dumb that you're choking yourself to death.
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by anambraamaka: 6:20pm On May 13, 2020
RIP
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by trutht828: 6:21pm On May 13, 2020
jimyjames:

From this few screenshot you will know how terrible erosions in Yorubaland are

Erosion-prone is one thing and active erosion is another thing. Erosion-prone means that the erosion has not happened.

While Oyo identified erosion proned areas, igboland had been wallowing in gully erosion since time immemorial.

So, it is high time you shut up and quit making a fool of yourself
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 6:51pm On May 13, 2020
trutht828:

Erosion-prone is one thing and active erosion is another thing. Erosion-prone means that the erosion has not happened.

While Oyo identified erosion proned areas, igboland had been wallowing in gully erosion since time immemorial.

So, it is high time you shut up and quit making a fool of yourself

My stop deceiving yourself, so these gully's in yorubaland has not happened?

Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by tushnk(f): 7:06pm On May 13, 2020
you are obviously not a good person
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by Erosion2020: 7:37pm On May 13, 2020
Nawa ooo... Erosion is not smiling...
Govt should do something asap.
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by Legendguru: 9:14pm On May 13, 2020
Oh
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by Shormiey(m): 10:28pm On May 13, 2020
jimyjames:

And there are no hills in south east?
I already answer your question......
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2020
Shormiey:

I already answer your question......
Take a look

Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by Shormiey(m): 11:19pm On May 13, 2020
jimyjames:

Take a look
Definitely there is. But it's mainly sedimentary basin ok.....I have answered you before now.
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 1:22am On May 14, 2020
Shormiey:

Definitely there is. But it's mainly sedimentary basin ok.....I have answered you before now.

Same sedimentary as yours reasons you have these many gullies

Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by NiCurious: 3:33am On May 14, 2020
sad Unlike. Thank goodness it was overnight when nobody was in the building.
Re: School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) by Ernest5: 12:11pm On May 14, 2020
Now let me tell u..awka has no drainage, no urban plan too. Build anywhere u see land and settle govt. If u see flood after 10mins rain in oby okoli road near unizik junct, u wont believe its rain of 10nins. Arthur Eze road nko, kwata junction. I have lived in awka 10yrs now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis / What Could Be The Cause Of Recent Fire Outbreaks? / abuja maps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.