Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,647 members, 7,851,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:49 PM

Eagles Square Blues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eagles Square Blues (569 Views)

Live Update From Eagles Square..... / Preparations In Its Final Stages At The Eagles Square Ahead Of The Handover.pics / Updates On Buhari's Declaration Today At Eagles Square. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Square Blues by Jovann: 7:18am On Jan 14, 2011
I started to follow the proceeding from the NTA some minutes after six. I noticed that there was only one entry point where delegates were been screened with metal detectors as they entered into the venue. Most of the delegates look excited and upbeat(Who wouldn't after been splashed with tons of Naira Dollars.). It seems each state adopt a particular uniform clothing for their delegates, i strongly suspected this could be a way of monitoring the delegates, thereby controlling/curtailing/checkmating their movement and intention around the venue.
The square is now gradually filled with delegates. Food packs were been passed around and i thought i saw cans of beer been sipped too. The camera zoom on to the comical looking Oyo state Guv, Alao Akala eating from the disposable food pack. Dignitaries/ministers etc jostle for attention and interview with the television anchors.
The stage was now set. The MC, Bisi Olatilo called on a certain PDP exco member to welcome delegates. This Exco took his time to acknowledge the order of protocol, but i noted that he did not mention the PDP chairman but the Deputy Chairman. Could it be that the Court injunction prevented him from coming to the venue?. I thought in my mind. But more drama were to follow. The Deputy Chairman was now invited to speak. As he was still acknowledging the order of protocol, his speech was rudely disrupted, and the national chairman was abruptly ushered into the stage to make his speech.
It was the turn of the contestants to address the convention. Now Mrs Sarah Jubril dressed like a clown in an oversize traditional attires was ushered to the stage, if i have reservation on her dressing i thought she would prove me wrong with her speech, but with all due respect, the speech was poor, incoherent, and uncoordinated.
Next was the former VP, Atiku Abubakar, he started to read slowly from a prepared voluminous speech note. As he read, he made reference to zoning and the need to respect/honor agreement, and his voice suddenly got agitated,.He made subtle threat of anarchy and mass action if the right thing was not done. Infact he stop short of calling the President names. In the end he never told the delegates what he is going to do if elected.
Then there was an interlude. Apparently, the PDP exco realizing that some aggrieved party members could make issue of the presence of the Chairman , who is under court injunction, to press for the cancellation of the convention or the illegality of the supposed winner, announced that the national chairman , being a respecter of court order, has delegated his function to the Deputy, the motion was moved and seconded.

And the "show" continues. The president was ushered to the stage with thunderous ovation. He made spirited attempt to speak off the cuff, but the speech was uninspiring , and not presidential.
At some point the Mc announced that a bag, containing a laptop belonging to a foreign journalist is missing stolen.
It was now time for delegates to cast their votes, i noticed immediately that each delegates were being teleguided/policed on who to vote.
After some minutes past Ten , the MC announced that voting has been concluded and the next stage was counting of votes.
At this stage, i decided i had enough. I knew what was to follow,
Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan, , Jonathan, , Atiku, , Jonathan, , Jonathan,, Jonathan,, Atiku,, Jonathan, , , Jonathan,,
Re: Eagles Square Blues by jamace(m): 7:37am On Jan 14, 2011
And summary of this is------- GEJ WON WITHOUT STRESS!! grin grin

UP GEJ!!! grin
Re: Eagles Square Blues by Gadols(f): 7:47am On Jan 14, 2011
Atiku had no political base. IBB would have been a better contender. UP GEJ!!!!
Re: Eagles Square Blues by okosodo: 8:13am On Jan 14, 2011
Not only that he does not have any political base. Its only plitically retarded people like those from Bauchi and Sokoto that would vote for him

(1) (Reply)

Why We Voted For Jonathan – Northern Govs / Nigeria Lost $130bn To Corruption In 8 Years - US Report / Aide threatening Amaechi is picked up by SSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.