Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,951 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) (25175 Views)

MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! / Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo / Cristiano Ronaldo Receives MARCA Legend Award In Spain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Ramanto(m): 5:58pm On May 13, 2020
Good
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by RealEzee(m): 5:59pm On May 13, 2020
Techiekingee:

Pesin wey neva escape Lyon....

Na wa o... what are the players playing for then, this year.

who's van diyk?
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Beverlyjean(f): 6:04pm On May 13, 2020
Balaxx:
Atleast I have mine already grin grin

We know u are very insecure and mastobate on his pics...u can't live without him
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by abdulwassi(m): 6:10pm On May 13, 2020
[quote author=obembet post=89507143]FIFA have decided to cancel the 2020 'The Best' awards ceremony, according to Marca

The ceremony was due to take place in Milan in September, but that will no longer happen because of the coronavirus pandemic.

That means the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo won't be up for the coveted The Best Men's Player award, which will be left vacant.

FIFA president Gianni Infantino has been clear from the very start of this pandemic that matters will be dealt with using common sense and maximum precaution.

FIFA have already suspended the Under-20 and Under-17 Women's World Cups until February 2021, as well as the Futsal World Cup until 2021.

The only competition of FIFA's that hasn't been suspended yet is the Club World Cup, which is set to take place in Abu Dhabi in December.

A logical decision
Given that football seasons across the globe has been suspended and, in some cases, cancelled altogether, there wasn't reason to hold an awards ceremony this year.

As well as the sporting reasons for cancelling the ceremony, Infantino didn't think an evening of celebration was the right thing to do during the pandemic.

As for the European Golden Boot, that isn't up to FIFA and there are doubts over whether it will be handed out this season.

Players like Kylian Mbappe won't be able to improve their tallies because their domestic seasons have already been cancelled.

Meanwhile, France Football still haven't decided what they're going to do with the Ballon d'Or ceremony, which has been held every year since 1956.

UEFA's award ceremony is due to be held in Monaco at the end of August, along with the draw for the Champions League group stage.

Without a definite start date for the Champions League next season, these awards will have to wait until a draw takes place.

The idea is to start next season's group stages in October.

Source: https://amp.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2020/05/13/5ebb2b5d268e3eb25e8b4592.html

So the previous winner will retain?
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by TruthSpeaker: 6:14pm On May 13, 2020
Abimloaded:

Head to the court of Arbitration, bro.

Hahaha, what will that add to me?
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Yahksbiz(m): 6:15pm On May 13, 2020
But messi has gotten it already, I see ronaldo at work
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Techiekingee(m): 6:19pm On May 13, 2020
RealEzee:
who's van diyk?
Wen did u start watching ball?
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by RealEzee(m): 6:25pm On May 13, 2020
Techiekingee:

Wen did u start watching ball?
when did van diyk start playing football compared to CR7?
One season and all of a sudden he has an opinion, mtcheeew.
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by NORSYK(m): 6:27pm On May 13, 2020
Because it's obvious now that Mr. Agricultural Eibar won't win it this year

Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by OKTolu: 6:35pm On May 13, 2020
Kudos to FIFA observing social distancing
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by hidhrhis(m): 6:37pm On May 13, 2020
Seriously if all award is scrap this year that means neymar will be a year older when next the award will be given which he will be 30 years
Their is no assurance that guy can win any individual award

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Monday60655(m): 6:40pm On May 13, 2020
that means Messi still remain the world best till 2021. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Balaxx: 6:51pm On May 13, 2020
obembet:

At your age, u should get sense by now.. Age different between u, Messi and CR7 is just little.
Shame on you
d age difference between you and Rihanna and Beyonce is just little also

1 Like

Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Techiekingee(m): 7:09pm On May 13, 2020
RealEzee:
when did van diyk start playing football compared to CR7?
One season and all of a sudden he has an opinion, mtcheeew.
But is his opinion true or not....
Shud Ronaldo av finished above Mane?

1 Like

Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by DonMekino(m): 7:11pm On May 13, 2020
According to Man utd fans, Bruno Fernandes is up for this award....ohhh what a miss, I think lingard might have had a look in too

1 Like

Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 13, 2020
NORSYK:
Because it's obvious now that Mr. Agricultural Eibar won't win it this year
Ballon d'or is laughing right now grin
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Trust2001(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2020
jericco1:
They should scrap the award in entirety, it's too politicised undecided

How please explain
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by jericco1(m): 7:25pm On May 13, 2020
Trust2001:

How please explain

The voting process for who wins it.. it's rigged
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Trust2001(m): 7:30pm On May 13, 2020
jericco1:

The voting process for who wins it.. it's rigged

So how is that political
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Wayneju(m): 7:41pm On May 13, 2020
Good decision by FIFA.
Oluwa messi will remain unperturbed, dude isn't crazy over personal awards.
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:49pm On May 13, 2020
They acted right nice one from FIFA
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Ifabernard(m): 7:55pm On May 13, 2020
Balaxx:
d age difference between you and Rihanna and Beyonce is just little also
You brain memory na 0.02bytes. lol
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by holalekan22(m): 8:15pm On May 13, 2020
����
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by FirstbornWds: 8:19pm On May 13, 2020
Techiekingee:

No mind am
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by FirstbornWds: 8:24pm On May 13, 2020
NigeriaB:

Say the truth and shame the devil atleast for once..

What truth are we looking for again?

Messi - 24 goals, 16 Assists

Ronald - 25 goals, 4 assists.

Even a blind can see the obvious truth.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by FloxySmart(f): 9:05pm On May 13, 2020
DirtyGold:
I was going to say something before I saw this dude's post angry

Guy, this gif is simply wrong
Stop promoting things that make women think they can behave anyhow.
For whatever reason, any woman that slaps me one will recieve two angry
We're not silly gentlemen, we teach respect on the streets!

What's tha business?
Even when the woman is your mother??
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by chiboy1116: 9:10pm On May 13, 2020
NigeriaB:
Once again, Ronaldo has been denied the chance of winning. These People simply hate Ronaldo.

The other time, it was given to Modric instead of Ronaldo.

I hate Nonsense!
Ronaldo ? How ? Lmfao
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by chiboy1116: 9:11pm On May 13, 2020
TruthSpeaker:
Good Messi will not be awarded a trophy he doesn’t deserve. I’m not saying the due is not good, but he was won some trophies he himself knows he didn’t deserve. He has also won many more that he rightly earned.
I’m not hating anyone, I only want people to get what they deserve and not just receive a gift they don’t deserve. I advocate for justice.
stfu already . U sound silly
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by chiboy1116: 9:12pm On May 13, 2020
Techiekingee:

I no understand , wetin Ronaldo de play ? Pesn wey 40 percent of him Goals na pk , with just one assist
Re: FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) by Dollabiz: 9:14pm On May 13, 2020
Their business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON 2021 Qualifiers: Iwobi, Musa, Ndidi & Others Arrive Camp In Uyo / Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) / Goal Of The Tournament: Vote For Ahmed Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.