Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,683 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) (4235 Views)

I'm to Choose b/w 2002 Lexus ES300 and 2011 Hyundai Elantra; Help me decide / Toyota Camry Tiny Light Pencil 1999 Vs Toyota Corolla Model, 2004 W / 11 Of The Biggest Production Cars That Was Unveiled In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by Themandalorian: 9:45pm On May 15, 2020
gremp:

Yeah that's true.
Imagine they're even appreciating lol.
I even heard they sold at least 4 brand new LFAs last year can you imagine??, BRAND NEW!!!!!. There are still brand new LFAs.
I read somewhere that there is currently two brand new ones left in the US. I'm gathering my money small small sha.
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 11:33pm On May 15, 2020
Themandalorian:

I read somewhere that there is currently two brand new ones left in the US. I'm gathering my money small small sha.

Awfa my bro, ma g, eyan mi, oga at the top.
I fit help you test drive am to make sure e dey perfectly calibrated grin.
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by Themandalorian: 9:15am On May 16, 2020
gremp:

Awfa my bro, ma g, eyan mi, oga at the top.
I fit help you test drive am to make sure e dey perfectly calibrated grin.
grin grin
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by ivoryhouse(m): 11:57am On May 16, 2020
Themandalorian:

The LFA could have been more successful if Lexus didn't take too long to develop it. By the time they were done, faster and better cars were already available. 10 years was just too long but at the same time it's a concept car it wasn't built for success but for the world to take a look and in this case listen to it and behold it beauty or orgasmic sound grin grin.

Things are not looking good truly. In the near future all cars will have to be electric. I can't even imagine such a future cry
Electric cars, chaii! Apart from Teslas electric truck, I no do
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 12:34pm On May 16, 2020
ivoryhouse:

Electric cars, chaii! Apart from Teslas electric truck, I no do

That Rivians R1T is looking great though.
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by ivoryhouse(m): 5:08pm On May 16, 2020
gremp:

That Rivians R1T is looking great though.
True, that!
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2020
Naturally Aspirated - Check
Striking Design - Check
Assessable - Check
Reliable - Check
Sonorous Engine Sound - Check
No-nonsense Exhaust Note - Check

Well using that brings a result in the form of the Lexus RC-F. The RC F features a 5.0 L (4,969 cc) 2UR-GSE V8 engine with Atkinson cycle at cruising speeds, developing a maximum output of 473 PS (467 bhp; 348 kW) at 7100 rpm and 389 lb⋅ft (527 N⋅m) of torque at 4800-5600 rpm.

A 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds and the Track Edition time of 3.96 seconds cool .

Who doesn't love to reliably rev their orgasmic sounding car kiss .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSMFQtIri_o

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by Inception(m): 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Another one of my dream cars.

Here's the W204 C63. It doesn't have as much torque as the W205 C63, and the exhaust note isn't quite as attention-catching, but nothing still beats a big naturally aspirated V8. Turbos essentially act as a muffler, and the W204 C63 had none. Just pure, undiluted displacement.

It's called a C63 and has a 6.3L badge on it, but it's actually a 6.2L V8. The glorious M156.

451 HP, although it maxes out at 510 on the AMG Black Series.
0-60 in about 3.7s
Top speed? 176 MPH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE74KLXfBmI

I'm of the opinion that the W204 C63 is a better car than the W205. Looks better, too.

Jejely parks his BMW E60 M5...

say what? grin
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2020
Inception:

say what? grin

Haha, that V10 is glorious. Shame about the rod bearings. cheesy
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
Inception:

say what? grin

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
gremp:

Accurate. BMW just doesn't know how to make anything bigger than an i6.

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by Inception(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
[quote author=gremp post=91582131][/quote] grin
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by valgbo(m): 11:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
gremp:
Are you a Christian?

Have you always wanted to hear the sound of tortured demons but could not??

Introducing the Dodge Challenger SRT hellcat Redeye, with this car you can hear that lovely sound anytime you rev it or take it for a drive.
Powered by a supercharged 6.2L V8 rated at 797 hp (594 kW; 808 PS) and 707 lb⋅ft (959 N⋅m) of torque (and some captured demons wink ), it'll propel you to 60mph in 3.6 seconds.
I so so so love that turbocharger whine cry .
Nigerians know that it's not only AMG that does great, enjoyable and assessable performance cars angry .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytM37G18qXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjJfkSH6ugg
it's the supercharger that whines though
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2020
valgbo:
it's the supercharger that whines though
Pardon my mistake.
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by Abdulsobur02: 8:21am On Sep 08, 2020
Porsche Carrera Gt
The Carrera GT is powered by a 5.7 L (5,733 cc) V10 engine rated at 450 kW (612 PS; 603 hp), whereas the original concept car featured a 5.5 litre version rated at 416 kW (566 PS; 558 hp).A road test in June 2004 by Car and Driver showed that the car can accelerate from 0-97 km/h (60 mph) in 3.5 seconds,0-161 km/h (100 mph) in 6.8 seconds and 0-209 km/h (130 mph) in 10.8 seconds. The official top speed was 330 km/h (205 mph).
The car sounds heavenly it is my 2nd favourite sounding car after the LFA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHiIFeBi6GU

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:47am On Sep 08, 2020
Abdulsobur02:
Porsche Carrera Gt
The Carrera GT is powered by a 5.7 L (5,733 cc) V10 engine rated at 450 kW (612 PS; 603 hp), whereas the original concept car featured a 5.5 litre version rated at 416 kW (566 PS; 558 hp).A road test in June 2004 by Car and Driver showed that the car can accelerate from 0-97 km/h (60 mph) in 3.5 seconds,0-161 km/h (100 mph) in 6.8 seconds and 0-209 km/h (130 mph) in 10.8 seconds. The official top speed was 330 km/h (205 mph).

A man of culture!

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by valgbo(m): 4:16pm On Sep 08, 2020
gremp:

Pardon my mistake.
yeah I also didn't see anybody anywhere mention the Maserati grantourismo, the sound it makes is IMO second only to the LFA
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2020
Abdulsobur02:
Porsche Carrera Gt

I was waiting for someone to make a comment about this orgasmic sounding car grin shocked .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

A man of culture!

Oh yes, quite a refined gentleman I'd say grin .
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2020
valgbo:
yeah I also didn't see anybody anywhere mention the Maserati grantourismo, the sound it makes is IMO second only to the LFA

Quite a bold statement shocked , but I love how we all agree on the LFA wink .
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by valgbo(m): 11:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
gremp:

the lfa is not even arguable it sounds like f1 cars during their v12 and v10 days

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by valgbo(m): 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
gremp:

try listening to the maserati gt too
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2020
valgbo:
try listening to the maserati gt too

Sounds very good with a mean but not too deep sound, right amount of pops (thankfully not a fart can) . I also feel it sounds tight like a sizeable amount of power is sent down a small outlet with no room for the sound to bounce around and play cry .

For me personally in terms of V8's I rate the Lexus LC 500(not the 500h ooo) very highly if not the highest in the sounds department due to the pleasures you get from bouncing the Rev Limiter before upshifting and its downshifts is top 5 of the best downshifts I've ever heard which makes me feel they made the transmission 10-speed on purpose.
It's a near perfect blend of comfort, pleasure and sportiness which makes it a traditional GT car which is a breath of fresh air in an era where the pursuit of speed and acceleration trumps everything.
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by valgbo(m): 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
gremp:

Sounds very good with a mean but not too deep sound, right amount of pops (thankfully not a fart can) . I also feel it sounds tight like a sizeable amount of power is sent down a small outlet with no room for the sound to bounce around and play cry .

For me personally in terms of V8's I rate the Lexus LC 500(not the 500h ooo) very highly if not the highest in the sounds department due to the pleasures you get from bouncing the Rev Limiter before upshifting and its downshifts is top 5 of the best downshifts I've ever heard which makes me feel they made the transmission 10-speed on purpose.
It's a near perfect blend of comfort, pleasure and sportiness which makes it a traditional GT car which is a breath of fresh air in an era where the pursuit of speed and acceleration trumps everything.
nice written reply, the LC is not my kinda car though, just like you said, it's not fast.
The Carrera gt sounds nice too, maybe because the engine was F1 derived.

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by gremp(m): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2020
valgbo:
nice written reply, the LC is not my kinda car though, just like you said, it's not fast.
The Carrera gt sounds nice too, maybe because the engine was F1 derived.

Thanks, we all have our preferences and that's what makes us unique wink , sometimes that need for speed is exhilarating shocked .
It seems as if it's on a world of its own, I didn't know its engine is F1 derived, I need to have a critical listen to its engine note....... For educational purposes of course grin .

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by DAVE5(m): 9:33am On Sep 23, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Accurate. BMW just doesn't know how to make anything bigger than an i6.

BMWs, BMWs, BMWs.....

I used to eye some bm wit one eye, but when I watched “car wizard on YouTube” attack them

I mostly see BMWs as garbage now, I see a very fine BMW and I just begin dey pity for the owner

I’m trying to tell myself they can’t be as bad as he “car wizard” painted them

A friend actually owns an x5, I think he’s been enjoying it, nice ride but I won’t own it, I appreciate peace of mind so much

Btw: I know say that LFA go surely dey top 5 best sounding cars
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by olenyi: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2020
One guy like that has been terrorizing my neighborhood with his Toyota Crown Athlete, 2006 model I think.

The car sure is a screamer.

Regards.
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2020
olenyi:
One guy like that has been terrorizing my neighborhood with his Toyota Crown Athlete, 2006 model I think.

The car sure is a screamer.

Regards.

Probably a muffler delete. Easy to make any car loud, much harder to make it sound good.

Bunch of W204 C300s around here with modded exhausts, for example. They all sound like garbage.
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by kingreign(m): 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
Some of the best sounding 'slow' vehicles are INFINITI FX series, M series and G series.

cool

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:24am On Sep 25, 2020
kingreign:
Some of the best sounding 'slow' vehicles are INFINITI FX series, M series and G series.

cool

Moooooooooooooo.
It's a unique sound alright. grin
Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by kingreign(m): 10:18am On Sep 25, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Moooooooooooooo.
It's a unique sound alright. grin
Some actually sounds like a cow moo, some does the 'boouuu' grin cheesy
unlike some boring bland Toyota and Honda and Lexus angry

1 Like

Re: Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) by Jagermeister(m): 10:57am On Sep 25, 2020
kingreign:

Some actually sounds like a cow moo, some does the 'boouuu' grin cheesy
unlike some boring bland Toyota and Honda and Lexus angry

Excuse me Mr kingreign? undecided

Because you left Lexus?

The G's are not bad (the exhaust notes)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Know The First Bridge(carter Bridge) In Nigeria Was Built In 1901?(PICS) / Can Brainbox Be A Challenge For Poor Gear Transmission / Make money weekly on Uber/Bolt Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.