Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died (4906 Views)

Al-Mustapha: How Abacha Died! Didn’t Die After Eating Apples From Prostitutes / Mustapha Sani Abacha Was Born In Aso Rock To A Sitting Head Of State / Atiku Floors Buhari Inside Aso Rock Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by Showbby28: 7:56am On May 14, 2020
Friday June 5, 1998, was a cool bright day. Before we left the Villa, the Press Corps was informed that the leader of the Palestinian Liberation Organisation, Yasser Arafat, would be making a brief stop-over at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, enroute Morocco. And he was expected to hold a brief discussion with the General Sani Abacha. We were therefore expected to be at the airport to cover the event on Sunday, June 7. It was a topical assignment in view of Nigeria’s neutral position in the Middle East conflict. Besides, the rest of us were keen to meet Mr. Arafat, the man at the centre of the storm...

Read more;

https://premiumreportersonline.com/2020/05/13/inside-aso-rock-the-day-sani-abacha-died/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by olawalepopoola: 8:37am On May 14, 2020
That was the day Nigerians will never forget.
Obasanjo was to be executed the following day June 6, 1998.
On that day, Nigerian masses celebrated total freedom from the shackles of the high authoritarian Sanni Abacha.
Nigerians: Christians, moslems, traditional believers and atheist flooded the streets of Nigeria, hugged themselves and popped champagne to celebrate the victory.

It was BBC that broke that great news at 4:00 pm Nigerian time.
Obasanjo and Diya got their freedom

5 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by Nobody: 10:18am On May 14, 2020
history
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by McTobe(m): 11:16am On May 14, 2020
Why is this thread still empty?
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by olamidedivotee(f): 11:38am On May 14, 2020
Same will happen if sinzu money die

2 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by dadebayo1(m): 12:31pm On May 14, 2020
Life..... Al mustapha the uncelebrated hero grin
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by prizlezzlalasky(f): 1:01pm On May 14, 2020
Please complete the story �
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by domido(m): 2:41pm On May 14, 2020
I could remember I was in extra mural that afternoon. Suddenly we heard shout. People were celebrating. I didn't know what the celebration was all about. We were later told to go home. I grew up in barracks. cheesy cheesy
Op complete this story.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by Benbisco(f): 2:45pm On May 14, 2020
McTobe:
Why is this thread still empty?

My dear, it is because it is not about snake, breast, nudity, boyfriend and girlfriend things, how to make N50,000 in 4hrs working from home, etc.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by janedonez(m): 3:39pm On May 14, 2020
Very nice read. Been looking for this book. "Inside aso rock"
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by McTobe(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2020
Benbisco:

My dear, it is because it is not about snake, breast, nudity, boyfriend and girlfriend things, how to make N50,000 in 4hrs working from home, etc.
The poor reading culture and superficialities of the average Nigerian youth is highly appalling.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by landforeast(m): 4:40pm On May 14, 2020
The only thing I enjoyed back then was the public holiday. Back then in secondary school
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by psalmistkakah(m): 4:46pm On May 14, 2020
I read the full story.. Interesting.Rest in peace Gen Sani Abacha
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by onoja12: 5:14pm On May 14, 2020
Rubbish the only people who celebrated the death of abacha,are western countries and there foot soliders.many wicked anti Africa people.people who have sold the country to slavery and propaganda.the fact are there abacha handed you a 11 naira to 1 usd economy today it is 1 to 450.he gave you your gsm licence,he gave you economic reserves.distoryed terrorist organization not only in Nigeria but round Africa.under abacha Nigeria sport was at its hight,Nigeria was respected round the world.our intellegence agencies where second to none.the list is endless.today those who killed abacha are there.you can not hide truth forever.every evil people against the Rise of Nigeria will die.

quote author=olawalepopoola post=89528572]That was the day Nigerians will never forget.
On that day, Nigerian masses celebrated total freedom from the shackles of the high authoritarian Sanni Abacha.
Nigerians: Christians, moslems, traditional believers and atheist flooded the streets of Nigeria, hugged themselves and popped champagne to celebrate the victory.

Obasanjo and Diya got their freedom[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:40pm On May 14, 2020
The day that Jehoval Nissi visited Nigeria.....!
To liberate the nation from the grip of Fulani supremacists headed by Buhari and Abacha. We will never forget....!

It shall happen again.....!
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by leksbore(m): 5:55pm On May 14, 2020
Abacha rest in peace...under his regime...Nigeria did prosper. ..it's just that most people didn't like him but las las judgement belongs to God....

3 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by Finnese001: 6:37pm On May 14, 2020
inside life
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 14, 2020
Nigeria jumped from frying pan (Abacha's Regime) into fire (Subsequent Regimes after).

God save Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by beautyhd: 6:42pm On May 14, 2020
History will soon be re enacted.

Op, the story is hugely incomplete. Go back and do the needful.

The day heaven and Earth, humans and animals celebrated.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by Judybash93(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2020
I remember returning from school to tell my mum of Abacha's demise. She held me close and told me to shut up grin until she turned on the radio to hear the news by herself too. Damn!!! The street was flooded with a lot of people rejoicing over the death of a person. Little did we know that things weren't going to really change.

1 Like

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by juman(m): 7:18pm On May 14, 2020
Judybash93:
Little did we know that things weren't going to really change.

Hmmmmmm.
One nigeria is a scam.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by galadima77(m): 7:46pm On May 14, 2020
I still prefer Abacha's regime anyday, anytime...

Now we are like stray dogs
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by Jakumo(m): 8:05pm On May 14, 2020
I was there the day Abacha died. He started the day as usual, by summoning two of his favorite Indian women of easy virtue. As I stood guard outside the presidential recreational fornication lounge door, I could hear the trapeze swinging back and forth over the giant rotating bed, while the pint-sized general ministered to his busty cohorts for a good three hours, ululating like a demented hyena every once in a while.

After what seemed like an eternity, the noise subsided, and I could make out muttered voices as the hookers discussed in urgent tones, before emerging from the room, and brushing past the guard detail. With the women gone, my attention was again drawn to strange noises emanating from the president's fun and games room. It was the bleating of a goat, and the animal was clearly in distress. I had mere moments to decide what steps to take.

Thinking that the president's quarters had somehow been invaded by a trained attack goat with assassination on its mind, myself and another armed sentry burst into the room, only to be confronted with the bewildering spectacle of General Sanni Abacha, Nigeria's president and Commander-in-Chief, actually seeking carnal knowledge with a very hairy and aggressive looking goat. To silence the only witnesses to his unspeakable bestiality, the tiny general reached to his nightstand, and retrieved a compact Uzi machine pistol.

At that very moment, the goat, sensing its time to act with alacrity, broke loose and launched itself towards the door, knocking the gun out of General Abacha's hand. The loaded Uzi landed on the polished wooden floor, and discharged a two-round burst that killed the general instantly.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first incident in recorded history, when a head of state was essentially shot dead by an angry goat, but after all these intervening years of sober reflection, I felt that the time is ripe for a full disclosure that would finally reveal the true story for the record, and for any royalties that come my way.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by davillian(m): 8:32pm On May 14, 2020
I thought I would have the chance to see him on June 6th
But we heard his death a day before.
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by adedayoa2(f): 8:54pm On May 14, 2020
onoja12:
Rubbish the only people who celebrated the death of abacha,are western countries and there foot soliders.many wicked anti Africa people.people who have sold the country to slavery and propaganda.the fact are there abacha handed you a 11 naira to 1 usd economy today it is 1 to 450.he gave you your gsm licence,he gave you economic reserves.distoryed terrorist organization not only in Nigeria but round Africa.under abacha Nigeria sport was at its hight,Nigeria was respected round the world.our intellegence agencies where second to none.the list is endless.today those who killed abacha are there.you can not hide truth forever.every evil people against the Rise of Nigeria will die.

quote author=olawalepopoola post=89528572]That was the day Nigerians will never forget.

We thank him and we still receive steady alerts from him once we are broke.

1 Like

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by Ronald1(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2020
Jakumo:
I was there the day Abacha died. He started the day as usual, by summoning two of his favorite Indian women of easy virtue. As I stood guard outside the presidential recreational fornication lounge door, I could hear the trapeze swinging back and forth over the giant rotating bed, while the pint-sized general ministered to his busty cohorts for a good three hours, ululating like as demented hyena every once in a while.

After what seemed like an eternity, the noise subsided, and I could make out muttered voices as the hookers discussed in urgent tones, before emerging from the room, and brushing past the guard detail. With the women gone, my attention was again drawn to strange noises emanating from the president's fun and games room. It was the bleating of a goat, and the animal was clearly in distress. I had mere moments to decide what steps to take.

Thinking that the president's quarters had somehow been invaded by a trained attack goat with assassination on its mind, myself and another armed sentry burst into the room, only to be confronted with the bewildering spectacle of General Sanni Abacha, Nigeria's president and Commander-in-Chief, actually seeking carnal knowledge with a very hairy and aggressive looking goat. To silence the only witnesses to his unspeakable bestiality, the tiny general reached to his nightstand, and retrieved a compact Uzi machine pistol.

At that very moment, the goat, sensing its time to act with alacrity, broke loose and launched itself towards the door, knocking the gun out of General Abacha's hand. The loaded Uzi landed on the polished wooden floor, and discharged a two-round burst that killed the general instantly.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first incident in recorded history, when a head of state was essentially shot dead by an angry goat, but after all these intervening years of sober reflection, I felt that the time is ripe for a full disclosure that would finally reveal the full story for the record, and for any royalties that come my way.

I cannot laugh oo
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by Chuky7(m): 10:39pm On May 14, 2020
The Indian sex romp guy/Apple...
Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:40pm On May 14, 2020
olawalepopoola:
That was the day Nigerians will never forget.

Even the Obasanjo who survived the death then is the one who introduced electoral malpractice, excessive payment of politicians, abuse of power and bully into our system, so it doesn't make much difference, maybe if he had died, we could have been better

1 Like

Re: Inside Aso Rock: The Day Sani Abacha Died by ono(m): 11:43pm On May 15, 2020
Jakumo:
I was there the day Abacha died. He started the day as usual, by summoning two of his favorite Indian women of easy virtue. As I stood guard outside the presidential recreational fornication lounge door, I could hear the trapeze swinging back and forth over the giant rotating bed, while the pint-sized general ministered to his busty cohorts for a good three hours, ululating like a demented hyena every once in a while.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first incident in recorded history, when a head of state was essentially shot dead by an angry goat, but after all these intervening years of sober reflection, I felt that the time is ripe for a full disclosure that would finally reveal the true story for the record, and for any royalties that come my way.

Oga, Wow!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Atiku Should Retire From Politics, Play Role Of An Elder Statesman – Sagay / Peter Obi Built All These Without Borrowing Still Saved #75 Billion(photos) / Peter Obi Is Not Frugal And That's Why Wike Was Stunned When He Got To His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.