Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,831 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ (1919 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Mistakes That Led To Secessionist’s Arrest / Niger Delta Congress To IPOB: ‘No Secessionist Group Can Annex Us’ / Danladi Umar: Abuja Mob That Attacked Me Chanted Secessionist Slogans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by legitnow: 8:14am On May 14, 2020
https://nigerdeltaherald.com/iyc-dares-afenifere-count-ijaws-out-of-secessionist-oduduwa-republic/

in Bayelsa State 0 0 0
IYC Decries Posting Of Four Police Commissioners To Bayelsa In Two Weeks

The Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) on Wednesday dissociated the Ijaws from the agitation for Oduduwa Republic and urged those behind the moves to steer clear of Ijaw lands and territories in their quest.

Kennedy Olorogun, Chairman, IYC Transition implementation Committee spoke to newsmen in Yenagoa following reports credited to Chief Ayo Adebanjo, a chieftain of Afenifere associating the Ijaws with Oduduwa Republic.
Adebanjo had in media reports credited to him included Ijaw territories as part of proposed Oduduwa Republic as indigenous People group for United Nations recognition.
Olorogun noted that the Ijaws were a distinct ethnic nationality and do not to be subsumed or used to agitate for relevance and advised those behind the plot to have a rethink.

“Ordinarily we have nothing against people fighting for self determination because it is in tune with our aspiration as a people.

“However, we note that in a recent presentation to be part of indigenous people organisation of the United Nations, the promoters of the Oduduwa movement included Ijaw lands and territories in the present Edo and Delta States as part and parcel of the Oduduwa Republic.

“We wish to state clearly that though we are not against the aspiration of the Oduduwa movement self determination movement, however, Ijaw lands and territories should be left out of the composition of the Oduduwa areas.

“The Ijaw people are indigenous and distinct people in Nigeria and Africa and not part and parcel of any other ethnic nationality in Nigeria.

“The Ijaw territories of Egbema, Okomu, Gbarai, Olodiama and Furopagha in Edo State and Gbaramatu, Ogbe-Ijoh, Isaba, Egbema and Diebiri in the Warri Federal Constituency of Delta State which were included as part of the Oduduwa Republic are not Yoruba lands but owned by Ijaw people.

“We call on the promoters of the Oduduwa Republic to henceforth not include those areas as part of their Republic. We are not part and parcel of their Republic and do not wish to be part of it.

“We also call on the Indigenous people organisation of the United Nations to take note,” Olorogun said.

1 Like

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by junketer(m): 8:26am On May 14, 2020
Have they got the balls to push for succession?

3 Likes

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by agulion: 8:34am On May 14, 2020
The Yorubas are confused set of people, the could not even Kwara.

10 Likes

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Fatimaade: 8:43am On May 14, 2020
agulion:
The Yorubas are confused set of people, the could not even Kwara.

You won’t go and think about Anioma that’s Igbo today not Igbo tomorrow and your calling others confused
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:46am On May 14, 2020
Fatimaade:

You won’t go and think about Anioma that’s Igbo today not Igbo tomorrow and your calling others confused
Respect yourself and face ijaw people

12 Likes

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Lyydia(f): 8:46am On May 14, 2020
undecided
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Fatimaade: 8:47am On May 14, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Respect yourself and face ijaw people

Respect yourself & stay out ijaw yoruba conversation
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:48am On May 14, 2020
[[s]quote author=Fatimaade post=89528922]

Respect yourself & stay out ijaw yoruba conversation [/quote][/s]Non of my business
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Nigeriabiafra80: 8:48am On May 14, 2020
Let referendum settle it
They can choose to go with Nigeria,Biafra or oduduwa
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Seerade029: 8:56am On May 14, 2020
Oduduwa republic currently consist of
Ekiti
Osun
Ondo
Lagos
Oyo
Ogun..

We ain't forcing anyone, Kwara, Kogi south, Yoruba speaking of Edo, Itshekiris of Warri, They can join if they wish..

Even Igala is a Yoruboid language. Which can be found in Anambra/Kogi too .

I even thought the Ijaws were talking About the Ijaws in Ondo state.

PS: Ijaws in Ondo state has been Yorubanized, many of them have Yoruba names, they are surrounded by Yoruba towns.
More importantly, they are settlers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Fatimaade: 9:00am On May 14, 2020
Seerade029:
Ekiti
Osun
Ondo
Lagos
Oyo
Ogun..

We ain't forcing anyone, Kwara, Kogi south, Yoruba speaking of Edo, Itshekiris of Warri, They can join if they wish..

Even Igala is a Yoruboid language. Which can he found in Anambra/Kogi too .

PS: Ijaws in Ondo state has been Yorubanized, many of them have Yoruba names, they are surrounded by Yoruba towns.

Yoruba nation consist of all yoruba speaking territory do add kwara and kogi back
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Seerade029: 9:07am On May 14, 2020
Fatimaade:

Yoruba nation consist of all yoruba speaking territory do add kwara and kogi back

Tho, I know that only 2 local governments doesn't speak Yoruba out of the 16lgs in kwara, but still, I feel referendum needs to be conducted for them.
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Fatimaade: 9:07am On May 14, 2020
Seerade029:

Tho, I know that only 2 local governments doesn't speak Yoruba out of the 16lgs in kwara, but still, I feel referendum needs to be conducted for them.

Oh well

1 Like

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Marine54(m): 9:16am On May 14, 2020
ATTACH BY FORCE SYNDROME AND OBSESSION FOR OIL DEY WORRY THE YORUBAS.... The Yoruba's has been stealing south south oil and positions in oil companies since the end of civil war !

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by PDJT: 9:18am On May 14, 2020
Helinues will not like this. grin

6 Likes

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Seerade029: 9:20am On May 14, 2020
Marine54:
ATTACH BY FORCE SYNDROME AND OBSESSION FOR OIL DEY WORRY THE YORUBA.... The Yoruba's has been stealing south south oil and positions in oil companies since the end of civil war !

Nothing like attache by force.
We have our own, ports, oil, intellectuals, etc.

Why do we need Ijaws?
Show me any map, adding Ijaws land to Oduduwa Nation.

3 Likes

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Marine54(m): 9:28am On May 14, 2020
Seerade029:

Why do we need Ijaws?
OiL in ondo state belong to ijaw community in ondo state,not the Yorubas. Niger delta republic will claim it when Nigeria divide.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:40am On May 14, 2020
Fatimaade:

Focus on your five and half state grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Fatimaade: 9:44am On May 14, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Focus on your five and half state grin cheesy

Look at this iPOd wailer I’m an offa lady from kwara state and proudly identify with 6 SW & my yorubaness
We are not like delta igbos that are rejecting 5 SE Igbo states like a curse looool

2 Likes

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:46am On May 14, 2020
[[s]quote author=Fatimaade post=89530777]

Look at this iPOd wailer I’m an offa lady from kwara state and proudly identify with 6 SW & my yorubaness
We are not like delta igbos that are rejecting 5 SE Igbo states like a curse looool

[/quote][/s] After ranting focus on your five and half state
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Tobrasky: 9:47am On May 14, 2020
Afonja no dey fear I swear grin, make Ijaw boys catch una. Just like Ilorin, all Yorubanzas in places like Kogi, Jebba, Akoko-edo etc are slaves, and are not Yorubas anymore.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:48am On May 14, 2020
Seerade029:

Why do we need Ijaws?
oil in ondo state belong to ijaw people

7 Likes

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Fatimaade: 9:49am On May 14, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
[[s]quote author=Fatimaade post=89530777]

[/s] After ranting focus on your five and half state

Looool na your people way

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Fatimaade: 9:49am On May 14, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
oil in ondo state belong to ijaw people

Thought you were minding your business
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Fatimaade: 9:50am On May 14, 2020
Tobrasky:
Afonja no dey fear I swear grin, make Ijaw boys catch una. Just like Ilorin, all Yorubanzas in places like Kogi, Jebba, Akoko-edo etc are slaves, and are not Yorubas anymore.

Eh eh as Afonja take use 3m igbos do peppersoup
Ijaw na small thing ask Jonathan & Odi people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Nobody: 9:51am On May 14, 2020
Seerade029:
Ekiti
Osun
Ondo
Lagos
Oyo
Ogun..

Even Igala is a Yoruboid language. Which can be found in Anambra/Kogi too .

good to know. But where is Yoruba speaking people in Edo state?
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:51am On May 14, 2020
Fatimaade:

Thought you were minding your business
Yes but can't just stay and watch you people steal ijaw people oil

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:52am On May 14, 2020
[[s]quote author=Fatimaade post=89530936]

Looool na your people way [/quote][/s] Focus on your five and half state
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Fatimaade: 9:54am On May 14, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Yes but can't just stay and watch you people steal ijaw people oil

Buhaaa Ijaw oil when we have in ondo Lagos & Ogun
Oodua republic is homogeneous and Yorubas are not in the business of begging minorities for a country unlike yeebos
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Fatimaade: 9:54am On May 14, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
[[s]quote author=Fatimaade post=89530936]

Looool na your people way [/s] Focus on your five and half state

Someone’s in severe pains

Igbosmoker:
good to know. But where is Yoruba speaking people in Edo state?

Akoko edo
Re: IYC Dares Afenifere ,’count Ijaws Out Of Secessionist Oduduwa Republic’ by Tobrasky: 9:57am On May 14, 2020
Fatimaade:

Eh eh as Afonja take use 3m igbos do peppersoup
Ijaw na small thing ask Jonathan & Odi people
No be only 3m, you for make am 300m. 3 million was a propaganda number Ojukwu used to attract sympathy, classified files already showed the civilian casualties was no where close to millions in that war. grin.

Ijaws bleeped you up in Ogun state not too long ago, your people had to run to the government to save your sorry asses when Ijaw boys were dominating your creeks and raping your women anyhow. There are hundreds of Ijaw militants in Ondo state and parts of Lagos as well, do anyhow una go collect. Amotekun already have their handful battling audio criminals and herdsmen grin keep talking too much ooo
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://allafrica.com/stories/201607010374.html&ved=2ahUKEwifhNfR_bLpAhXU854KHRPOAzcQFjAPegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3gZ7N6irlRPE0PSm4ZXpuP

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwara Politician: Olanrewaju Oba Is Dead. / They Are Sending Northern Soldiers To The South So As To Keep Power 2023 / FG Pays N800M To Bandits For Release Of Niger School students and staffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.