Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency (1085 Views)

RVSG Vs Amaechi: Supreme Court Says Amaechi Is Not On Trial’ / How Kaduna APC Delegates Reacted To Tinubu Vs Amaechi (Video) / Dino Melaye Vs Amaechi At The Osasu Show Symposium (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by IkwerrePikin: 10:11am On May 14, 2020
Between Bola Tinubu and Rotimi Amaechi who can deliver Southern Nigeria more in a Presidential election?

A simple mathematics. NO TRIBALISM PLS.

While the North will deliver Tinubu or Amaechi whoever they support, let’s look at the case of Southern Nigeria where they come from.

1. Rotimi Amaechi, a former Governor of Rivers state if given the presidential ticket will generate massive votes from Rivers State with the highest voting strength in Southern Nigeria after Lagos. Of course his Ikwerre people who are the majority in Rivers state will support him no matter what, and the entire South South would not reject such opportunity to have a president from their region hence Amaechi will win 95% of votes from South South.

In the South East, Amaechi has already started selling himself as an Igbo Man and will likely get 80% of votes from South East despite the fact that his kings men of Ikwerre ethnic nationality has already made it clear they are not Igbos coupled with the recent visit of the Oba of Benin to Port Harcourt in a bid to Unite the Ikwerre people and other Benin descendants of Rivers state with the great Benin Kingdom. Let’s say Rotimi Amaechi with his Yoruba name will get 30% votes from the South West.

While Tinubu will generate at least 80% votes from Lagos and South West, he is likely not to get up to 20% votes from South South and South East.

With this simple mathematics, Amaechi would deliver more of Southern Nigeria than Tinubu who is not fully loved outside his South West Region.

My opinion.
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by kross101(m): 10:19am On May 14, 2020
Is it that you don’t have sense or all your senses are lost in the peanuts this politicians give you? Out of all the honest, intelligent and remarkable people in this country, you choose these? We have people like Dr Adesina Akinwunmi, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and so on. Please don’t let me me put my anger of the useless nation on you.

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Tissaia(f): 10:35am On May 14, 2020
Neither Amechi doesn't have support of his people, while Tinubu doesn't have good image. The North wants Osibanjo or.....
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by agulion: 10:37am On May 14, 2020
Peter Obi and Kwakwaso are good to go

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Nobody: 10:39am On May 14, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
Between Bola Tinubu and Rotimi Amaechi who can deliver Southern Nigeria more in a Presidential election?

A simple mathematics. NO TRIBALISM PLS.

While the North will deliver Tinubu or Amaechi whoever they support, let’s look at the case of Southern Nigeria where they come from.

1. Rotimi Amaechi, a former Governor of Rivers state if given the presidential ticket will generate massive votes from Rivers State with the highest voting strength in Southern Nigeria after Lagos. Of course his Ikwerre people who are the majority in Rivers state will support him no matter what, and the entire South South would not reject such opportunity to have a president from their region hence Amaechi will win 95% of votes from South South.

In the South East, Amaechi has already started selling himself as an Igbo Man and will likely get 80% of votes from South East despite the fact that his kings men of Ikwerre ethnic nationality has already made it clear they are not Igbos

coupled with the recent visit of the Oba of Benin to Port Harcourt in a bid to Unite the Ikwerre people and other Benin descendants of Rivers state with the great Benin Kingdom. Let’s say Rotimi Amaechi with his Yoruba name will get 30% votes from the South West.

While Tinubu will generate at least 80% votes from Lagos and South West, he is likely not to get up to 20% votes from South South and South East.

With this simple mathematics, Amaechi would deliver more of Southern Nigeria than Tinubu who is not fully loved outside his South West Region.

My opinion.

@Bolded , what nonsense.

Amaechi is not an Igbo man but an Ikwerre man. He is no different from Nyesom Wike in ethnic politics.

An Ikwerre man that we know his antecedents can't come to Igboland and win my vote rather I dash the vote to hausa fulani.

Even Buhari has even built and done more project than Amaechi an Ikwerre ethnic man. As minister of transportation what has Amaechi done to even ask for Igbos vote?[

Amaechi is sellable to his fellow Ikwerre people and those of his axis.

On the issue of Benin, we have established here that Ikwerres migrated from Benin to their present location. So are we here to debate that again?

Ikwerres are Benin migrants and their ancestry lies in Benin Edo state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by helinues: 10:42am On May 14, 2020
And where is star boy?

Well, this is just someone's opinion Sha..

Amaechi against Tinubu, Walahi Amaechi will withdraw from such election.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Ezewuzie01: 10:43am On May 14, 2020
With the appointment of Ibrahim gambari from Kwara state as his CoS, the signs are obvious that Buhari wants to hand over power to a Yoruba in 2023. He would prefer a Muslim which puts Tinubu and Fashola in contention. Amaechi has been well compensated, he will go back to Rivers and try to snatch control from Nyesom Wike. PDP must give someone like Dave Umahi their ticket if they want to stand a chance.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Nobody: 10:47am On May 14, 2020
Ezewuzie01:
With the appointment of Ibrahim gambari from Kwara state as his CoS, the signs are obvious that Buhari wants to hand over power to a Yoruba in 2023. He would prefer a Muslim which puts Tinubu and Fashola in contention. Amaechi has been well compensated, he will go back to Rivers and try to snatch control from Nyesom Wike. PDP must give someone like Dave Umahi their ticket if they want to stand a chance.

This Ebonyi man, shut up for once.

Emotional politics.

Gambari is a fulani man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Biafrarep(m): 10:54am On May 14, 2020
grin grin grin Is anybody still surprised why Nigeria has become such a disgrace? This is the place I know where known criminals are celebrated even by the poverty stricken folks they destroyed their destinies.

Yes, Tinubu and Amaechi can rule you all but count the Igbos out of such madness. Your country is already the poverty capital of the world but I can assure that by the time these ones are done with you, Nigeria will become worse than hellfire.

Yes, I support Tinubu and Amaechi as president of Nigeria but with the assurance that they won't preside over Igbo territories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Biafrarep(m): 10:59am On May 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:

@Bolded , what nonsense.

Amaechi is not an Igbo man but an Ikwerre man. He is no different from Nyesom Wike in ethnic politics.

An Ikwerre man that we know his antecedents can't come to Igboland and win my vote rather I dash the vote to hausa fulani.

Even Buhari has even built and done more project than Amaechi an Ikwerre ethnic man. As minister of transportation what has Amaechi done to even as for Igbos vote?[

On the issue of Benin, we have established here that Ikwerres migrated from Benin to their present location. So are we here to debate that again?

I wonder what business Igbos have with Ikwerres. They are from Benin for all we care, that they are using our language, names, tradition and culture doesn't mean shit after all same thing is happening in the North were some minorities use the Hausa language and culture.

Amaechi can go to Benin to gain support because we Igbos don't know him here and we will stone him if dare comes to Aba, Onitsha or any Igbo city to claim Igbo. Bastard impostors!
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by WeneDiali: 10:59am On May 14, 2020
helinues:
And where is star boy?

Well, this is just someone's opinion Sha..

Amaechi against Tinubu, Walahi Amaechi will withdraw from such election.

You sure? grin

That mean Tinubu will also run from facing the North in 2023.

What do you think?
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by ecolime(m): 11:01am On May 14, 2020
Amaechi or Tinubu? So these are the best options to you? No wonder Nigeria is a laughing stock.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Nobody: 11:02am On May 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:

@Bolded , what nonsense.

Even Buhari has even built and done more project than Amaechi an Ikwerre ethnic man. As minister of transportation what has Amaechi done to even as for Igbos vote?[

guy shut up and stop talking about Benin.

Face the thread abeg
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Xzellentgraphic: 11:21am On May 14, 2020
The race should be btw Osinbajo and Akinwunmi Adeshina
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by IkeOnyia: 11:26am On May 14, 2020
agulion:
Peter Obi and Kwakwaso are good to go
Jesus Christ is merciful.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by agulion: 11:28am On May 14, 2020
IkeOnyia:
Stop soiling the name of a good man like Kwankwaso with a rabid person like Peter Obi. Peter Obi is a demented fool to think anyone will consider him for the presidency again after spoiling the game for Atiku in 2019.
. Far far better than Tinubu in anything.
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:52am On May 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:

This Ebonyi man, shut up for once.

Emotional politics.

Gambari is a fulani man.
cheesy grin Welcome back
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Brunicekid(m): 11:59am On May 14, 2020
Biafrarep:
grin grin grin Is anybody still surprised why Nigeria has become such a disgrace? This is the place I know where known criminals are celebrated even by the poverty stricken folks they destroyed their destinies.

Yes, Tinubu and Amaechi can rule you all but count the Igbos out of such madness. Your country is already the poverty capital of the world but I can assure that by the time these ones are done with you, Nigeria will become worse than hellfire.

Yes, I support Tinubu and Amaechi as president of Nigeria but with the assurance that they won't preside over Igbo territories.
So, Igbo is not part of Nigeria again
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Powerintoxicate: 12:16pm On May 14, 2020
Ezewuzie01:
Muslim won't hand over to another Muslim
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by meditator(m): 12:28pm On May 14, 2020
kross101:
Is it that you don’t have sense or all your senses are lost in the peanuts this politicians give you? Out of all the honest, intelligent and remarkable people in this country, you choose these? We have people like Dr Adesina Akinwunmi, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and so on. Please don’t let me me put my anger of the useless nation on you.
Those people you mentioned can not even win a councillorship election in their local government.

Winning a presidential election in Nigeria takes more than what those people posses. Besides, The acumen of those two personalities have been exaggerated.
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by TheRareGem1(f): 12:55pm On May 14, 2020
Seems southwest is at the centre of presidency come 2023. The Igbo know they can't smell it, they want to force the bad combo while having organsm mission impossible and bad mouthing everything Buhari has done for them
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by OgundeleTeju: 12:55pm On May 14, 2020
Osinbajo is a better candidate
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by efighter: 12:55pm On May 14, 2020
kross101:

Okay.

Ngozi Iwealla ran the Economy into recession. While oil price was relatively high in the international market, Ngozi Iwealla was borrowing to pay Salaries after looting all the money Olusegun Obasanjo left in Foreign Reserves and ECA. While Goatluck Jonaddaft and his gang of 40 thieves were looting, Ngozi Iwealla gave them waizer and permission to loot, the pedophile Empire Sanusi Lamido screamed to Nigerians about the looting going on then but the puffpuff cheeked world bank fraudster was looting with the looting elites

Akinwunmi Adesina said he has revolutionalized Agriculture in Nigeria that Nigeria can now feed the world. Baba Buhari closed the borders, then we realized that ordinary tomatoes, pepper, water melon, carrot and other petty Crops that you can grow in your backyard, Nigeria was importing them not to talk about Rice. Even Asians in China, Bangkok, Bangladesh, Taiwan, e.t.c. were growing Rice for the some purpose of exporting to Nigeria through our saboteur neighbour Benin Republic of Smugglers. Akinwunmi Adesina is a failure that we the Yorubas used our controls over the Media to sell to Africa.
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Deputy1111(m): 12:56pm On May 14, 2020
We need someone who is highly intelligent, dedicated, corruption free, loyal and God fearing.

I see Osinbajo in that direction anyway.
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by okefrancis: 1:17pm On May 14, 2020
This is a very wrong permutation , anyway i.prefer yemi osinbajo
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:19pm On May 14, 2020
They have both served this country. So it's way too easy to access them.

Corruption:
Are they corrupt, Did they steal Yes!

So we can't use the moral aspect as the yardstick

Handiwork:
As governors, Amaechi outdid Tinubu in so many ways.

Agility:
One does not need a fortune teller to know that Amaechi is more agile.

Maturity in handling political matters:
Tinubu would outsmart Rotimi Amaechi here.

Popularity/Relationship with other ethnicity:
While Tinubu is more popular but his relationship with other ethnicity is not too good.
While he fears the northerners, he has on several occasion displayed his hatred towards the South East.
While Amaechi relates better with others

In summary, base on this analysis, Amaechi is the better of the two

However, it would be crazy to consider any of the two if Nigeria is to get better.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by DanHaske: 1:24pm On May 14, 2020
Prof. Yemi Osibande anytime anyday, twice on sunday.
Amaechi too like fight, Tinubu is a typical Nigerian politician who just wants power for the sake of power. We want someone who will make a difference.

Its either Star Boy or whoever PDP presents

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:43pm On May 14, 2020
DanHaske:
Prof. Yemi Osibande anytime anyday, twice on sunday.
Amaechi too like fight, Tinubu is a typical Nigerian politician who just wants power for the sake of power. We want someone who will make a difference.

Its either Star Boy or whoever PDP presents
Him own cabal no go be here

Once he's drunk, that's the end!!!
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by efighter: 2:21pm On May 14, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Him own cabal no go be here

Once he's drunk, that's the end!!!

Once who get drunk? I cannot see Goatluck Jonathan in the statement you quoted. He is definitely sleeping somewhere after getting drunk on local gin as usual.

If however you are talking about our Starboy Professor (Pastor) Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), then you need to go and do a medical checkup because something is obviously wrong with you.
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by ocha88(m): 2:28pm On May 14, 2020
Thanks for concluding it with that statement: This is my opinion. Your analysis is based on party (APC) let me remind you that a northerner will never bypass someone like kwankwaso, tambuwal and Atiku and vote for a southerners. If asiwaju is all that sw ve to produce a candidate then election is over before it begins. I see a northerner ruling this country come 2023 because political structure favour north for now and for SE the time is not now then SW will know the through feeling of betrayal come 2023

1 Like

Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 14, 2020
kross101:

Which of the two major Parties of APC and PDP, the only two capable of producing the President in 2023, would give their ticket to those people you guys tediously mention again and again?

Which Nigerians will vote for them under other Party platform going by the very poor showings of Sowore, Moghalu, Hashim Olawepo etal in 2019?

A pragmatic and realistic person will accept it is about working with the best option available rather than embracing redundant idealism. It's the way it is.
Re: 2023 Tinubu Vs Amaechi Best Candidate For Southern Nigeria Presidency by Problemkid1: 2:56pm On May 14, 2020
Tissaia:
Neither Amechi doesn't have support of his people, while Tinubu doesn't have good image. The North wants Osibanjo or....
Sharaaaap grin grin

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Senior Advocate Of Nigeria, Granville Abibo (SAN) Is Dead / APC constitution in the Absence of National chairman of the party. / Why Igbos Should Advocate For Restructuring Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.