Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,104 members, 7,953,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

What Do Ladies Refer To As Body Shaming? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do Ladies Refer To As Body Shaming? (354 Views)

“stop Body Shaming Women With Sagging Breasts” – Actress, Mary Njoku Advises Men / Refer People To Register On Opay And Earn Money / Here's Why We Refer To Motorcycles As 'okada' In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do Ladies Refer To As Body Shaming? by izzy4shizzy(m): 10:31am On May 14, 2020
so earlier today, I was arguing on Facebook with a lady who said she was body shamed by a guy, her story " she received a video call from a guy and the guy said ' ah ah! you are getting fat this lockdown period o, are you exercising at all?. that alone was the offence.

personally I don't feel that counts as body shaming.

so ladies share your experience of body shaming so we can know what counts or do not count as body shaming
Re: What Do Ladies Refer To As Body Shaming? by KristaPretty(f): 10:52am On May 14, 2020
"Are you exercising at all" can be offensive to some, I guess she clearly knows how she is and if she needed to loose weight she didn't need to be told.

Bodyshaming is criticising how someone looks physically. Not everyone can take it and sometimes it leads to depression or even suicide.

I tell people, both men and women, do not comment negatively on how anyone looks. Except in some cases where a spouse complains that their partner has added some weight just for health safety.

If that body part you are shaming or criticising cannot be replaced by you, if that bodypart does not in anyway affect you or your relationship with them, if that body part is not yours, DO NOT even mention it. Mind your business!

People need to understand and appreciate how others look.

Examples of body shaming;

1. Baby I just wanted to tell you that you have a small preek. Sorry you can't satisfy me
2. Ah an! This woman is too fat o
3. Excuse me Sir, you have K-leg
4. See your half-past-four eyes
5. Your bress is not big enough.

Please stop it. Just holit dia! Always understand that we are uniquely made by God.

Some yoruba people will come and say mouth or body odour is body shaming grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Do Ladies Refer To As Body Shaming? by purples25(f): 5:41pm On May 14, 2020
You make someone feel bad because of the way their body looks. E.g referring to them as SHAPELESS or UGLY. I cant see any reason someone should do that.

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: Armed Men In Helicopter Invade Ekiti, Destroy Large Farmland, Plant N / COVID-19: 36 Almajiris Was Arrested By Covid-19 Taskforce In Mbiama, Ahoada / Fairly Used Samsung Fridge For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.