Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

My Real Estate Story Episode 9 : Ramos Adeyinka- Founder Of Ramos Lagos Realty - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Real Estate Story Episode 9 : Ramos Adeyinka- Founder Of Ramos Lagos Realty (1318 Views)

Real Estate Story : He Turned N120,000 To N6MILLION In Nigerian / My Real Estate Story EPISODE 8 (Mr Badewole Amos- Founder Crown Luxury Property) / My Real Estate Story Episode 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Real Estate Story Episode 9 : Ramos Adeyinka- Founder Of Ramos Lagos Realty by Middlechaseprop: 10:54am On May 14, 2020
He is an amazing guy, he is going to be sharing how he’s able to do some of the things that he does. We are going to be specifically looking at how he’s able to manage himself and how he gets good deals.
How do you do your stuff that it’s so unique?
It started from when I discovered real estate. Basically, when you start you have no idea what you’re doing or what you’re getting yourself into. You have to look for people who would show you the way. When I started, I did a little research and I found out that there’s a particular way people market which is through flyers, putting people together to talk to them about real estate. So when I started, I knew I had to find a different way of marketing properties than what I had already seen before. So the best way I thought was, where can I meet people? Where do people go to that I can actually just meet them and let them know I do real estate? I found out that the best way to stay unique is through online marketing. This prompted me to create my website and start using social media channels like Instagram, Facebook and youtube. I also did traditional marketing, but it was awkward. I didn’t like the way people reacted to it.
What were the frustrations that led to you going on Instagram and using social media?
When I first started, someone sent me a mail about Ibeju-Lekki dealings and with reluctance, I decided to check it out and to know what the real estate is all about. I clicked on the email, went for training and came back but there was something that was not just complete about the things that I’ve learnt. So, I need to source for mentors but the people I encountered were all the big men that didn’t have the luxury of time to show me how they got to where they are.
I decided to take the bull by its horn by going for a property inspection. A man saw me and said I was supposed to be modelling. Hearing this, I felt like it seems there’s a category of persons that actually does some certain things. I thought of it and then I asked myself if truly the real estate was truly meant for me. Eventually, I got started and had a picture of a company Bricks and Bars which I posted on my social media page. I started from family and friends who were asking me what I was doing, then I told them I was a realtor now and then I started doing broadcast on WhatsApp.
There was a day I went to Mr. BIGGS for a meeting but the guy stood me up. I waited for up to 4 hours and the guy never showed up but instead of just leaving and wasting that time, I decided to meet up with prospects. So I stood up with my card and I was about to approach three big men and when they saw me walking close, they tried to stop me and then I told them I just wanted to give them my card and they asked me to bring it and asked what I was doing. I told them I was into real estate and that was it. I took social media by storm. I was consistent, I was improving every single day. My first client actually came within 3 weeks when I started real estate because I was not joking.
My advice for anyone that wants to actually start real estate is to go hard if you want to make money in this business. What was your intention about real estate from the beginning? I was coming into real estate to make it look different. Normally when people hear the word agent, people are always scared. So when you know what you are doing, you know what you want, you need to make your client have confidence in you. It is very important.
How do you organize your sales strategy such that it is very interesting from the beginning to the end?
We always go for the best phones that will give us a good video quality first, so that when the clients see the property and see how beautiful it is, their attention will be captured. First, was the quality of our camera and the second was the properties. So we had to pick specific types of properties that will look attractive because people want places that are very beautiful. We put our clients in our mind and act like we are the clients. We asked ourselves questions like what do we see, what are we looking for, what do we like? Then, we do it.
How many people do you have in your team?
I have two staff. You have to be able to do multiple things at a go. There are days that I have to close three deals in a day, and you know the process of closing a deal can take like one full day. So, it might not be possible to close the three deals in one day. So you need to know how to manage time. Time management is very important in Real Estate.
How do you develop the creative mind that makes you different from every other person?
I’ll say it’s the commitment I have for the business because I also have people that are better than me in creating content. I might not be 80% or 100% good but I keep creating. Consistency matters a lot, so I always keep trying to create. I keep doing it until I get it right. Know what your clients want, know what they like to see and keep doing it.
What did you do to develop yourself in becoming a proper realtor?
The first one I knew was the drone, we didn’t use to have aerial views on properties and then I also benchmarked someone but it didn’t end there. I had to find the creative part of me. When I started, I found out that there is a way people shoot some things that you see from the sky. I didn’t know what it was at that time, but I had to talk to a few persons and they told me that it was a drone. And so I started with the drone. When I started, there was a lot of challenges because in some places, they didn't really know what it is. I had to explain to them that it was just for adverts. And also the picture quality, and the angles from which pictures were taken wasn’t right. The angles didn’t really speak so well. Just being different, being unique and finding the best way to do things. That’s what I do. I look for people that are good in what they do, and I try to benchmark and see how we can make it better.
When do you stop pursuing a client?
Before, I try to meet the client and know if I should go with it or not. But now when you meet me, there’s a relationship. I have to know whatever is going on in your head, I ask you questions like, have you seen me before? Who have you been talking to? Have you done inspection with someone else before? I have to read them and understand if these people have actually gone to an agent before.
When I take a client in, all the houses I show them has to be good. I show them a house that I can buy too. I can show a client 5–6 houses, if the client goes to another agent, they will show him the same house but he will come back to me. So right now all I do is ask you which of the houses you like. I don’t really do follow up.

Why don’t you sell mainland properties?
I had started real estate in mainland but it was rough. There was no motivation for me to work on the mainland, but we are already working on it. Now I am assembling the team that will be able to focus on Ikeja, Magodo and the nice places on the mainland where they have good real estate value. I’m working on that right now.
How do I establish a relationship with a client that will make the client’s always come back to me?
You need to build confidence, they need to know that you know what you’re doing. You go confidently, show them properties. When they ask you questions, you give them good answers. And again you need to be able to understand your client’s because people are different. You need to know who you are dealing with and work from their own point of view. That’s where your IQ comes in.
What inspires you every day to do what you do?
You need to do what you have to do to achieve it. It’s someone that has no goal, you just want to be comfortable. When you want to be like Coach Chudi, Ayilara, Dr Ned, you that want to live just a comfortable life, you don’t need to do much. But for me, I have a major goal that I can’t start naming. So you need to know what you want and start working towards it.
On the average how many properties do you sell?
I sell one in a week on the average. But it depends, there was a day I sold seven.
What advice can you give a developer to make a product so nice and come out to the market?
I’ll tell you to use a better architect and do more research. Call an architect to do a good design on your house, design the interiors on paper first so you can see it before putting it on the building. The best way is to do a good design first, go through the normal building process.
What is the role of technology in selling properties?
I think that’s where the game changed for me I feel it hard work when you start sharing flyers everywhere. I’m not saying it doesn’t work, it works, but to me, it’s hard work. I prefer the easiest way of selling properties now and it’s the internet. The internet is the new school. Most of our transactions now are done online. You can use the internet to sell properties, create a website, and open social media apps. So, it’s important to know that tech is taking over and social media is the game-changer.
Some people say don’t flood your social media pages with pictures and videos but I have plenty properties to sell. Should I limit my posting? Instagram works in a way that the more you post the more people get to see that post. You have to also watch what you are posting. You need to single yourself out with your content. You can post as much as you want, but check your content and make sure people can relate with your content and it catches their attention
Give us a scenario of a situation you motivated yourself.
There were times where I could not afford to eat at all. I had to eat Garri in the morning, afternoon and evening. There was a point in my life where I took my car and went out for a meeting, where I was parked someone walked up to me and called me a cab guy. I didn’t see myself as a cab guy so that got to me and made me want to do better in life. All these things are things that remind you of where you want to be No matter where you are today in life once you make a difference, people will look up to you. Do research, check out better ways to do video, check out better ways to make content, create apps. Make a difference and the sky is not your limit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30PydaqAzhA

4 Likes

Re: My Real Estate Story Episode 9 : Ramos Adeyinka- Founder Of Ramos Lagos Realty by nams77: 11:31am On May 14, 2020
Thanks for sharing
Re: My Real Estate Story Episode 9 : Ramos Adeyinka- Founder Of Ramos Lagos Realty by wealthtrak: 11:52am On Feb 18, 2022
Middlechaseprop:
He is an amazing guy, he is going to be sharing how he’s able to do some of the things that he does. We are going to be specifically looking at how he’s able to manage himself and how he gets good deals.
How do you do your stuff that it’s so unique?
It started from when I discovered real estate. Basically, when you start you have no idea what you’re doing or what you’re getting yourself into. You have to look for people who would show you the way. When I started, I did a little research and I found out that there’s a particular way people market which is through flyers, putting people together to talk to them about real estate. So when I started, I knew I had to find a different way of marketing properties than what I had already seen before. So the best way I thought was, where can I meet people? Where do people go to that I can actually just meet them and let them know I do real estate? I found out that the best way to stay unique is through online marketing. This prompted me to create my website and start using social media channels like Instagram, Facebook and youtube. I also did traditional marketing, but it was awkward. I didn’t like the way people reacted to it.
What were the frustrations that led to you going on Instagram and using social media?
When I first started, someone sent me a mail about Ibeju-Lekki dealings and with reluctance, I decided to check it out and to know what the real estate is all about. I clicked on the email, went for training and came back but there was something that was not just complete about the things that I’ve learnt. So, I need to source for mentors but the people I encountered were all the big men that didn’t have the luxury of time to show me how they got to where they are.
I decided to take the bull by its horn by going for a property inspection. A man saw me and said I was supposed to be modelling. Hearing this, I felt like it seems there’s a category of persons that actually does some certain things. I thought of it and then I asked myself if truly the real estate was truly meant for me. Eventually, I got started and had a picture of a company Bricks and Bars which I posted on my social media page. I started from family and friends who were asking me what I was doing, then I told them I was a realtor now and then I started doing broadcast on WhatsApp.
There was a day I went to Mr. BIGGS for a meeting but the guy stood me up. I waited for up to 4 hours and the guy never showed up but instead of just leaving and wasting that time, I decided to meet up with prospects. So I stood up with my card and I was about to approach three big men and when they saw me walking close, they tried to stop me and then I told them I just wanted to give them my card and they asked me to bring it and asked what I was doing. I told them I was into real estate and that was it. I took social media by storm. I was consistent, I was improving every single day. My first client actually came within 3 weeks when I started real estate because I was not joking.
My advice for anyone that wants to actually start real estate is to go hard if you want to make money in this business. What was your intention about real estate from the beginning? I was coming into real estate to make it look different. Normally when people hear the word agent, people are always scared. So when you know what you are doing, you know what you want, you need to make your client have confidence in you. It is very important.
How do you organize your sales strategy such that it is very interesting from the beginning to the end?
We always go for the best phones that will give us a good video quality first, so that when the clients see the property and see how beautiful it is, their attention will be captured. First, was the quality of our camera and the second was the properties. So we had to pick specific types of properties that will look attractive because people want places that are very beautiful. We put our clients in our mind and act like we are the clients. We asked ourselves questions like what do we see, what are we looking for, what do we like? Then, we do it.
How many people do you have in your team?

I have two staff. You have to be able to do multiple things at a go. There are days that I have to close three deals in a day, and you know the process of closing a deal can take like one full day. So, it might not be possible to close the three deals in one day. So you need to know how to manage time. Time management is very important in Real Estate.

How do you develop the creative mind that makes you different from every other person?
I’ll say it’s the commitment I have for the business because I also have people that are better than me in creating content. I might not be 80% or 100% good but I keep creating. Consistency matters a lot, so I always keep trying to create. I keep doing it until I get it right. Know what your clients want, know what they like to see and keep doing it.
What did you do to develop yourself in becoming a proper realtor?
The first one I knew was the drone, we didn’t use to have aerial views on properties and then I also benchmarked someone but it didn’t end there. I had to find the creative part of me. When I started, I found out that there is a way people shoot some things that you see from the sky. I didn’t know what it was at that time, but I had to talk to a few persons and they told me that it was a drone. And so I started with the drone. When I started, there was a lot of challenges because in some places, they didn't really know what it is. I had to explain to them that it was just for adverts. And also the picture quality, and the angles from which pictures were taken wasn’t right. The angles didn’t really speak so well. Just being different, being unique and finding the best way to do things. That’s what I do. I look for people that are good in what they do, and I try to benchmark and see how we can make it better.
When do you stop pursuing a client?
Before, I try to meet the client and know if I should go with it or not. But now when you meet me, there’s a relationship. I have to know whatever is going on in your head, I ask you questions like, have you seen me before? Who have you been talking to? Have you done inspection with someone else before? I have to read them and understand if these people have actually gone to an agent before.
When I take a client in, all the houses I show them has to be good. I show them a house that I can buy too. I can show a client 5–6 houses, if the client goes to another agent, they will show him the same house but he will come back to me. So right now all I do is ask you which of the houses you like. I don’t really do follow up.

Why don’t you sell mainland properties?
I had started real estate in mainland but it was rough. There was no motivation for me to work on the mainland, but we are already working on it. Now I am assembling the team that will be able to focus on Ikeja, Magodo and the nice places on the mainland where they have good real estate value. I’m working on that right now.
How do I establish a relationship with a client that will make the client’s always come back to me?
You need to build confidence, they need to know that you know what you’re doing. You go confidently, show them properties. When they ask you questions, you give them good answers. And again you need to be able to understand your client’s because people are different. You need to know who you are dealing with and work from their own point of view. That’s where your IQ comes in.
What inspires you every day to do what you do?
You need to do what you have to do to achieve it. It’s someone that has no goal, you just want to be comfortable. When you want to be like Coach Chudi, Ayilara, Dr Ned, you that want to live just a comfortable life, you don’t need to do much. But for me, I have a major goal that I can’t start naming. So you need to know what you want and start working towards it.
On the average how many properties do you sell?
I sell one in a week on the average. But it depends, there was a day I sold seven.
What advice can you give a developer to make a product so nice and come out to the market?
I’ll tell you to use a better architect and do more research. Call an architect to do a good design on your house, design the interiors on paper first so you can see it before putting it on the building. The best way is to do a good design first, go through the normal building process.
What is the role of technology in selling properties?
I think that’s where the game changed for me I feel it hard work when you start sharing flyers everywhere. I’m not saying it doesn’t work, it works, but to me, it’s hard work. I prefer the easiest way of selling properties now and it’s the internet. The internet is the new school. Most of our transactions now are done online. You can use the internet to sell properties, create a website, and open social media apps. So, it’s important to know that tech is taking over and social media is the game-changer.
Some people say don’t flood your social media pages with pictures and videos but I have plenty properties to sell. Should I limit my posting? Instagram works in a way that the more you post the more people get to see that post. You have to also watch what you are posting. You need to single yourself out with your content. You can post as much as you want, but check your content and make sure people can relate with your content and it catches their attention
Give us a scenario of a situation you motivated yourself.
There were times where I could not afford to eat at all. I had to eat Garri in the morning, afternoon and evening. There was a point in my life where I took my car and went out for a meeting, where I was parked someone walked up to me and called me a cab guy. I didn’t see myself as a cab guy so that got to me and made me want to do better in life. All these things are things that remind you of where you want to be No matter where you are today in life once you make a difference, people will look up to you. Do research, check out better ways to do video, check out better ways to make content, create apps. Make a difference and the sky is not your limit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30PydaqAzhA
Ramos of Eko (Lagos)... grin

The young man is just 27 years as of 2022. Well done Ramos.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

AYHOMES & GARDENS. A Buy And Build Estate. / You Can Earn Over N4,500,000 Yearly On Shortlets With One Unit Of This Apartment / FOR SALE: 4 Bedroom Flat (en Suite) + Mini Flat At Ijako, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.