Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,810 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

What Type Of Plane Is This? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Type Of Plane Is This? (865 Views)

For Those Who Think Boarding A Plane Is An Achievement, See This: Photo / Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway / A Plane Crashed In Uruguay During Remembrance Of Plane That Crashed In 1972 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Plane Is This? by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 14, 2020
What type of plane is this and why does it fly while all flight have been banned

Re: What Type Of Plane Is This? by chatinent: 12:39pm On May 14, 2020
It's confidential.
Re: What Type Of Plane Is This? by DrPurple(m): 12:46pm On May 14, 2020
Na Rocket be that
Re: What Type Of Plane Is This? by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 14, 2020
Op it's either a rocket or a jet
Am not sure O
People with experience will help us with it
Re: What Type Of Plane Is This? by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 14, 2020
lala i need answer abeg
Re: What Type Of Plane Is This? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 14, 2020
Looks like contrails to me. Talking about the white line/streak in the sky in the photographs.

This is not a special type of plane or anything like that as any plane can leave contrails behind. But *mostly* such occurrences are common with jet engines flying at very high altitudes.

The water from the jet exhaust mixes with wet, cold air when the jetplane is flying at a very high altitude and condenses turning into ice crystals.

What you see up there is actually another type of cloud being formed as a result of water from the jet exhaust mixing with wet, cold air. Let's call it a kind of cirrus cloud.

Rockets also leave contrails in the sky when flying but I doubt this is a rocket at work in the picture. It has to be a jet flying at high altitudes.

I hope this helps, OP?

***Contrails is short for "Condensation Trails" by the way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Type Of Plane Is This? by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 14, 2020
thanks for the answers
Re: What Type Of Plane Is This? by Nobody: 12:54am On May 15, 2020
andrewmeddy8:
What type of plane is this and why does it fly while all flight have been banned
FIRST:
How can all FLIGHTS be banned...
How do AIDS come into countries, especially now supports are needed quickly..?
It's probably a JET....
This issue is that it's still at the CLOUD LEVEL......
The moment it enters the sky and goes beyond the visible sky it becomes negligible.

People see it because the CARBON EMISSIONS from the Jet mixes with the Atmosphere and results into that. It's usually Cold when emitted..

1 Like

Re: What Type Of Plane Is This? by DahOriginal(m): 3:26am On May 15, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Looks like contrails to me. Talking about the white line/streak in the sky in the photographs.

This is not a special type of plane or anything like that as any plane can leave contrails behind. But *mostly* such occurrences are common with jet engines flying at very high altitudes.

The water from the jet exhaust mixes with wet, cold air when the jetplane is flying at a very high altitude and condenses turning into ice crystals.

What you see up there is actually another type of cloud being formed as a result of water from the jet exhaust mixing with wet, cold air. Let's call it a kind of cirrus cloud.

Rockets also leave contrails in the sky when flying but I doubt this is a rocket at work in the picture. It has to be a jet flying at high altitudes.

I hope this helps, OP?

***Contrails is short for "Condensation Trails" by the way.
You said it well
Re: What Type Of Plane Is This? by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:07am On May 15, 2020
Jets leave white trails, or contrails, in their wakes for the same reason you can sometimes see your breath. The hot, humid exhaust from jet engines mixes with the atmosphere, which at high altitude is of much lower vapor pressure and temperature than the exhaust gas.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Agbor Railway Complex (video) / She's 32 And Wish To Travel / Massive fraud in Edo elections materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.