Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 (721 Views)

Will I Get Medicine & Surgery In EKSU With 284 As JAMB Score? / Malpractices: WAEC Withdraws 1992, 1993 Candidates’ Certificates / Plateau And Oyo States Lead In Exam Malpractice In NECO Nov/Dec SSCE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by ORIENTATION101: 5:07pm On May 14, 2020
Southeastern states have topped the list of 195 candidates indicted for exam malpractice across the country during the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Exams (UTME).

On Monday, the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had published the names of the indicted candidates on its weekly bulletin as well as their infractions and the states wherein they sat for exams.

While a total of 1,945,983 candidates wrote the UTME in the year under review, JAMB stated that cases of misconduct were reported across 30 states of the federation including Abuja.

An analysis of the publication showed that states in Southeastern Nigeria, including Anambra and Imo topped JAMB’s misconduct list with 16 and 28 indicted candidates respectively.

Other enlisted states in the zone are Enugu, where a total of 15 candidates accused of misconduct had written their exams; Abia, with nine reported cases; and Eboyin with three recorded culprits.

These figures leave the southeast geopolitical zone accounting for a combined 71 candidates, a figure which represents 36.4 percent of the total 195 indicted by JAMB for the year 2020.

With Gombe, Sokoto, Adamawa, and Yobe state reporting only one case each, JAMB’s report also shows that malpractices were more predominant in the south than northern Nigeria.

While northwest and north-central accounted for 36 (18.5%) and 30 cases (15.4 %), the south-south, southwest, and northeast had 26 (13.3 %), 23 (11.8 %), and 9 cases (4.6 %) respectively.

However, worthy of note is that Katsina, Bayelsa, Kebbi, Niger, Zamfara, and Taraba were said to have reported no cases at all as Benue, Delta and Kogi states recorded two culprits each.

JAMB’s report also shows that the offenses for which the said candidates were found culpable span exam by proxy, connivance to cheat, smuggling of electronic devices including smartphones.

Others are unruly behaviour, double registration, tampering with examination documents, forceful entrance into exam halls as well as the faking of vital credentials required to sit for UTME.

Of these infractions, candidates who indulged in taking their UTME by proxy appeared to have dominated the list, with 89 candidates out of the 195 found wanting for this alone.

Closely following is connivance to cheat, which contributed to 26 of the indicted candidates; attempting to cheat, for which 24 were nabbed; and smuggling of mobile phones, which scored 23 candidates.

JAMB had initially stated that it handed 180 UTME candidates to police authorities for prosecution over alleged malpractices but the figure would later increase after investigations.

The board also suspended 47 registration centres across the country and threatened to prosecute 38 owners of accredited Computer Based Test (CBT) centres in a bid to fight various malpractices.

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/2020-utme-southeast-states-lead-in-malpractices-as-jamb-indicts-195-candidates/

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by OkoNDOoBo: 5:08pm On May 14, 2020
What about their Miracle centres in waeccheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by Kinematics: 5:11pm On May 14, 2020
The war is about to start, ndi potopoto and afonjas the field is set... let's go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by Tranquillity360: 5:12pm On May 14, 2020
Am here to read comments from hateful yorubas and terrorist people.

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by OkoNDOoBo: 5:16pm On May 14, 2020
Tranquillity360:
Am here to read comments from hateful yorubas and terrorist people.
yanmiris have arrived

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by Farki: 5:19pm On May 14, 2020
Mischievous headline for a topic that's not even related to the section it's being posted on. angry
Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by Tranquillity360: 5:22pm On May 14, 2020
OkoNDOoBo:
yanmiris have arrived
Skull harvesters are already here.
Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by Ooni: 5:23pm On May 14, 2020
Well that is proportional to the number that sat and those that passed. I think it's normal.

I'm more worried by the geometrical fall in the standard of education here in southwest.

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by PortHarcourt1st: 5:27pm On May 14, 2020
Kinematics:
The war is about to start, ndi potopoto and afonjas the field is set... let's go

While our Rivers state is leading in cultism, kidnapping etc. Who cursed Rivers state despite the huge oil revenue.

Picture: beautiful city of PORT HARCOURT

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by helinues: 5:29pm On May 14, 2020
grin
Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by yyba: 5:37pm On May 14, 2020
Malpractice- A1
boasting online - A1
kidnapping -A1
ritual -A1

5 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by LegendHer0: 5:53pm On May 14, 2020
These guys are simply cheats and the funniest thing is that they don’t see all these attitude as bad.

A region where special centers exists even within public schools in the cities and one would wonder whether its a curse to always indulge in crimes.

If they can expose these ones, imagine thousands of other candidates that succeeded in malpractices without getting caught.

JAMB and WAEC should devise a foolproof method to stop all these malpractices going forward. It can be done, they just need to find a way to achieve that.

6 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by SonofDevil: 6:10pm On May 14, 2020
This has been a long practice for years
Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by Smithkafors(m): 6:14pm On May 14, 2020
LegendHer0:
These guys are simply cheats and the funniest thing is that they don’t see all these attitude as bad.

A region where special centers exists even within public schools in the cities and one would wonder whether its a curse to always indulge in crimes.

If they can expose these ones, imagine thousands of other candidates that succeeded in malpractices without getting caught.

JAMB and WAEC should devise a foolproof method to stop all these malpractices going forward. It can be done, they just need to find a way to achieve that.

As if you guys can equal them even on a level playing ground.If you doubt me,organise academic competition and see......you expect a region where 99% of it's citizens go to school to have low turnout of malpractice?,get a life bro!

1 Like

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by FlyoruB: 6:14pm On May 14, 2020
Ooni:
Well that is proportional to the number that sat and those that passed. I thinks its normal.

I'm more worry by the geometrical fall in the standard of education here in southwest.

Guy, only NL newbies are yet to know that you are an igboman hiding under a deceptive handle. If you wanna take shots at the Yorubas, you don't have to be a coward about it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by LegendHer0: 6:17pm On May 14, 2020
Smithkafors:

As if you guys can equal them even on a level playing ground.If you doubt me,organise academic competition and see......you expect a region where 99% of it's citizens go to school to have low turnout of malpractice?,get a life bro!

See how you are justifying crime. That’s why I said it’s more of a way of life to people over there. They have seen crime as a culture and will always defend it without shame.

One of them was defending baby factory the other time and I was like what the f*ck is this guy saying.

LOL what academic competition?

Which of those competitions by the way? Can you mention them so we can check those that have led those competitions right from time.

2 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by Philistine(m): 6:20pm On May 14, 2020
SE and Exam malpractices are like bread and butter. All their ways are not pure.

2 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by Earlystar698(m): 6:40pm On May 14, 2020
If you believe that this shit is cooked up to tarnish the image of the great South East people raise your hand up cheesy

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by Kinematics: 7:10pm On May 14, 2020
yyba:
Malpractice- A1
boasting online - A1
kidnapping -A1
ritual -A1

2 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by Kinematics: 7:12pm On May 14, 2020
LegendHer0:

See how you are justifying crime. That’s why I said it’s more of a way of life to people over there. They have seen crime as a culture and will always defend it without shame.

One of them was defending baby factory the other time and I was like what the f*ck is this guy saying.

LOL what academic competition?

Which of those competitions by the way? Can you mention them so we can check those that have led those competitions right from time.

The bolded is the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by PortHarcourt1st: 7:28pm On May 14, 2020
Kinematics:

The bolded is the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I am still concerned how this can change PORT HARCOURT that's filled with kidnappers and cultists from being a shanty town. I spit on you

1 Share

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:54pm On May 14, 2020
Igbo Amaka grin
Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:56pm On May 14, 2020
yyba:
Malpractice- A1
boasting online - A1
kidnapping -A1
ritual -A1

Prostitution A1+++

Baby factory A1.

3 Likes

Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:05pm On May 14, 2020
Southeastern region is the most transparent zone in the country and so the examiners didn't cover up the malpractices of their wards..

I was born and brought here in the north (Adamawa state to be precise). I have schooled and still schooling in two of the Federal higher institutions in the state.
The kind of malpractices going on in these institutions wrecks to high Heavens, some unfortunate ones that were caught is either ignored by the examiners or a minimal punishment will be given (like just carrying over the course).

So I will like to congratulate the SE for this transparency report.. I am Igboid to the core
Re: 2020 UTME: Southeast States Lead In Malpractices As JAMB Indicts 195 by Tunde835(m): 9:25pm On May 14, 2020
KingOfAllIgbos:

Prostitution A1+++
Baby factory A1.
U Forgot Insulting A+ excellent

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Motor / RN To BSC Nursing In One Year In Ukraine And Cyprus / Looking For someone In Benin to help me get contact of a school

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.