Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

The Best Way To Sell A Product : It's Not Paid Advertising - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Way To Sell A Product : It's Not Paid Advertising (169 Views)

When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? / FG has not paid lecturers in ATBU, UNIMAID, UNN, 4 others – ASUU / University Workers Are Groaning Under IPPIS As April Salary Is Not Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Way To Sell A Product : It's Not Paid Advertising by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 8:17pm On May 14, 2020
For the time I spent selling products on JUMIA NIGERIA, there were a lot of things I learnt that a business certification could not give me.

If you sell products like I did as a Sales Agent, you may have experienced that dormant sales period where you keep pushing your product but no single human being links up to make a purchase or even an inquiry

Either that or your marketing strategies are only attracting admirers, not buyers - the people that will tell you how good what you sell is but will never buy

Of course, it is either they do not have enough to buy what you are selling - or do they ?

I recently stopped thinking price was the reason many products do not sell - because as a person, if I needed something I could often squeeze money to acquire it

The problem is not always your PRICING or a lack of direction in your ADVERTISING

It is in your APPROACH

You need to start selling your products in a different view - not just as products, but SOLUTIONS

Think of Netflix, you may think on a surface level that they sell premium memberships - that is about RIGHT !

But what is even more accurate is that they sell entertainment and indulgence in HD - this is what people are BUYING

How about iPhone, they look like they are selling very good cameras, storage and a unique operating system - but does that justify their very pricy phones ?

Definitely NOT - there are many less pricy options like Xiaomi, Huawei

But you know what, they sell something different - SOCIAL STATUS !

About all of the people using iPhones get them to be a part of some elite group - they will deny it if you ask them, but it's true

So I will leave you with this

Sit down and look at what you are selling, think of a solution or value it brings and present it to the world in that light

If you can't and may need more clarity, I would be glad to be of help

Stay Safe,
Emmanuel
Re: The Best Way To Sell A Product : It's Not Paid Advertising by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 8:32pm On May 14, 2020
What product do you SELL ?

(1) (Reply)

Fully-funded Arts And Humanities Research Council Phd International Studentship / Sutures of cranium made easy / How To Gain Admission Into University Without Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.